Delegate Delirium 2018

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
Delegate Delirium

Sponsored by The North Pacific Ministry of Culture

What is Delegate Delirium all about?
Delegate Delirium is the event that marks Delegates' Day, which occurs on September 9th every year. Delegates' Day seeks to acknowledge and celebrate the hard work of all of TNP's delegates, and recognize their immense contributions to our region.

Delirium is an exciting event, a la March Madness, that pits former TNP delegates against one another to determine who was the very best! Winners are decided via in-game polls, which are open to all nations in the region.

For the first 4 rounds (elimination flights), the top two (out of eleven) will advance into the quarter-finals. The quarter-finals, semi-finals, and finals will be one-on-one, winner-take-all matches to the death!

The ultimate victor will receive a shiny medal, and be declared (honorary) King of TNP! The event will recur every year for Delegates' Day, so if your preferred delegate doesn't win this year, they can try their luck again next time.

Who is eligible to compete?

Excellent question! All individuals who have held the delegacy in TNP are permitted to enter, with three exceptions. First, anyone who has held the delegacy with more than one nation is only allowed one entry. Second, the sitting delegate at the time the competition is held is disqualified, due to their incumbency advantage. Finally, prior winners of the title may not enter in future years, in order to make sure the spoils are spread around.

However, all other former delegates are eligible - even ones who took the delegacy due to a coup!

Who won in previous years?
Below is the list of past winners:
  • 2017: Lord Ravenclaw and McMasterdonia
Is there a list of all the delegates somewhere?

There sure is! Check out this handy dandy dispatch for a complete list, including dates and national flags!

I really want to vote for my favorite delegate. How do I know when they'll be playing?

Fear not! We have a schedule all drawn up, so you'll know just when to lodge your votes! "TBA" entries will be filled in as soon as we know the winners from previous rounds.

Round 1: August 26 [c] Round 2: August 27 [c] Round 3: August 28 [c] Round 4: August 29 [c] Lungwallabad [c] Grosseschnauzer [c]UPS Rail[c]Former English Colony[c] Jamie Anumia [c] Wilkshire [c]Emperor Matthuis[c]Flemingovia[c] Shoeless Joe [c] Mikestonia [c]Treenudity[c]Cote de Tombolo[c] The Twoslit Experiment [c] Great Bights Mum (12) [c]Sydia[c]Pasargad[c] The Tresville Element [c] United Individuals [c]Plembobria[c]Stars of Sky[c] Magicality [c] Unterwasserseestaat [c]New Kervoskia[c]Pallaith[c] Gladio (18) [c] Lewis and Clark [c]Ermarian[c]Durkadurkiranistan[c] Pixiedance [c] Chodean Kal [c]Blue Wolf II[c]Great Bight[c] Nastic [c] Zeropositive [c]Blackshear[c]The Democratic Republic of Tomb[c] SillyString (23) [c] Novare Res [c]Thel D'Ran[c]Better Times[c] Groovistan [c] Zemnaya Svoboda (21) [c]HMS Unicorn[c]Hepzibah II

Matchup [c] Date [c] Winner [c] TBA vs. TBA [c]September 1[c] TBA [c] TBA vs. TBA [c]September 2[c] TBA [c] TBA vs. TBA [c]September 3[c] TBA [c] TBA vs. TBA [c]September 4[c] TBA

Matchup [c] Date [c] Winner [c] TBA vs. TBA [c]September 6[c] TBA [c] TBA vs. TBA [c]September 7[c] TBA

Matchup [c] Date [c] Winner [c] TBA vs. TBA [c]September 9[c] TBA

The first poll is open, so get out the vote! Spread the word! And above all... have fun!

Round 1 is over! The winners are Sillystring and Gladio, who will both advance to the Quarter-Finals!

Round 2 is now up! GET UR VOTE ON!

Edit: That is, it will be up, as soon as someone who can make polls helps me out. Apparently, 2 days is not enough time with polling powers to... make polls.
1536593044.9571-smiley.gif

Great Bights Mum and Zemnaya Svoboda will advance from this flight! Round 3 is now live, so vote vote and vote some more! This time the poll was created by yours truly, since apparently three days(!?) is the magic number to hold polling power before being able to make a poll. What I don't even.

GO VOTE!

Great Bights Mum and Zemnaya Svoboda will advance from this flight! Round 3 is now live, so vote vote and vote some more! This time the poll was created by yours truly, since apparently three days(!?) is the magic number to hold polling power before being able to make a poll. What I don't even.

GO VOTE!

Sorry it's a smidge late, but the final Elimination poll is up! On September 1st, we move into the QUARTER FINALLLLLLSSSSS!! yaaay wooo sssss sillystring is the best yaaaaay

Wow, that was a close one! Eras juuuuuust edged out Flem to proceed to the quarter finals.

Speaking of the quarter-finals, they begin TOMORROW, SEPTEMBER 1!! Check the lineup in the opening post and be sure to log on and vote for your favorite, 'cause you'll only have 24 hours to decide!

Aww come on, I have to face Gladio? And if I manage to win that, I have to face either r3n or GBM? #rigged ?

[quote uid=5577 name="Pallaith" ]Aww come on, I have to face Gladio? And if I manage to win that, I have to face either r3n or GBM? #rigged ?[/quote]OK then Mr. Sassy Pants, what lineup would you prefer to give you an easy coast into the kingship?
1536593050.6435-smiley.gif

[quote uid=2308 name="SillyString" ][quote uid=5577 name="Pallaith" ]Aww come on, I have to face Gladio? And if I manage to win that, I have to face either r3n or GBM? #rigged ?[/quote]OK then Mr. Sassy Pants, what lineup would you prefer to give you an easy coast into the kingship?
1536593050.6435-smiley.gif

[/quote]BUUURN

[quote uid=2308 name="SillyString" ]The first Quarter-Final is playing now! Yours truly faces a formidable challenge - beating the Erastide
1536593062.0047-smiley.gif

![/quote]Maybe Eras should be could String.
1536593041.1955-smiley.gif

I don't know what kind of string that is but it doesntatter because SillyString is advancing to the semi-finals! Now facing off in the ring: All of our favorite mum and the sneaky tricksy beigeroo! It's Great Bights Mum and HMS Unicorn!!

We are off to the races again, and entering the penultimate lap - Plembobria and SillyString are now in their Semi-Final matchup! Be sure to VOTE!

Back