July Update 2018

Asairia

TNPer
THE VERSUTIAN FEDERATION
JULY UPDATE 2018

Parliament

Our Parliament revisited a hot topic over the past few weeks: Discord Ownership.

Currently, our Discord Server Owner is chosen from one of the existing Discord Administrators. There was an attempt to make this position elected by Parliament and subject to at-will removal by the same, but the proposal was ultimately defeated at vote. A second attempt, this time simply polishing up existing practice by adding two new clauses, is up for consideration. While the vote has not yet ended, it is projected to be adopted.

Government

After two longtime ministers decided to not seek re-election, all but two positions up for candidacy were filled by new people. The results of the elections are as follows:

SPEAKER (4 month term)
Asairia (unchallenged)

DELEGATE (4 month term)
Great Alemonia (17 votes)
Rubisana (7 votes)

MINISTER OF DOMESTIC AFFAIRS (2 month term)
Bunnesia (14 votes)
Jonorio (9 votes)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (2 month term)
Relechitaz (unchallenged)

MINISTER OF IMMIGRATION (2 month term)
Sheiji (unchallenged)

Here is our current government:

6ec904c9b5ddceb975e727375c13ccc5.png

Roleplay

There's good news for our roleplay: the Ustiomerian Civil War is finally over after Dr. Thrax and his 'Toxin Cell' were killed. This victory came after Bainius' leader, President Bryan Louis, met with the Ustiomerian government to secure foreign aid access and the government's agreement to launch a final offensive against the terrorists.

In other roleplay news, the Valkoharan Pact fell apart after one of the three signers, Valturus, decided to reset his lore, thus nullifying the pact. The opposite alliance, the Eastern Sea Economic and Defense Agreement (ESEADA), were quick to invite Asairia to join now that they were no longer forbidden from doing so due to the Valkoharan Pact's terms. It is unclear whether or not Asairia will accept the invite, as they are in the middle of a massive election.

Closing Thoughts

I understand your Minister of Foreign Affairs inquired as to why you didn't have a dedicated board on our forum? This is because, traditionally, our Ministers of Foreign Affairs have allowed each region to post individual threads for their updates in our general foreign affairs section. Unfortunately, most of our receiving ambassadors don't provide the kinds of updates we provide you (which led to the belief that if the ambassadorial boards are going to be empty, we may as well get rid of them to reduce forum clutter). However, if you would like me to ask our current Minister of Foreign Affairs to reconsider or reverse this policy and create a dedicated board for you, I will most certainly do so. I, for one, like having a board for our region on your forum and wouldn't mind returning the favor.

Kindest regards,

Asairia,
Speaker of The Versutian Federation

Back