Not a Malorian vassal
TNP Nation
Highton Islands
Discord
Highton#5752
Letter:
R2QhnZd.png

Dear Arc-Wondress,

Following the establishment of relations between the Crowned Republic and the Sutherland Federation, there has been much interest within Highton regarding the Federation. I am pleased to extend an invitation on behalf of the Hightonian people for you to attend an International Cultural Exchange between our two nations. Among other events, I propose that you attend the opening of the Sutherlan Embassy in Highton City, an International Banquet with various Hightonian leaders and influential figures in attendance at City Palace, and an exhibition sporting event at Cocos' Park. In addition, on behalf of the Mayor of the City of Jefferson, I'd like to propose a Sister-City program between Jefferson and a major city within the Federation.

I hope that this Exchange will have a positive impact on both nations and benefit the relationship between the Hightonian and Sutherlan peoples.

Sincerely,
Prince Diego II
Crowned Prince of the Crowned Republic of Highton

On Behalf of the Servant of Sutherland:
bhepuc.png

From the Office of the Arc-Wonderess

To the Crown Prince,

It is with great honor, that I accept on behalf of the whole of Sutherland your invitation to visit the Crowned Republic. We are very excited that we two nations can grow in understanding and fellowship beginning with this most generous state visit you have planned. I am excited to see the culture of Highton first hand and experience the greatness of your people. I am also pleased that Highton is the first nation from the continent of Craviter that I get to visit as Arc-Wonderess of Sutherland. My government will arrange a flight to Highton City to proceed with the festivities. I will also be accompanied by the inaugural ambassador to Highton, Janet Revesthra who is looking forward to the embassy opening ceremony. May this meeting of our nations be a step to an assured and eternal diplomatic bond between our nations. I so look forward to it. May God be with you, Crowned Prince Diego II and Highton.

In faith,
oh1m5g.png

Arc-Wonderess of the Sutherland Federation

Schedule:
R2QhnZd.png
The Crowned Prince is pleased to present the schedule for the events throughout the five-day Exchange in Highton from Wednesday, the 25th of July, to Sunday, the 29th of July.

Day 1
16:00 Arrival at Sophia II International Airport (HCI), North Highton
17:30 Arrival at City Palace, Highton City
18:30 First Press Conference, City Palace
20:00 Dinner with President Calabrese at 8 Main Street, Highton City

Day 2
09:00 Begin Tour of Highton City
12:00 Conclude Tour
14:00 Opening of the Sutherlan Embassy in Highton City
16:30 Cultural Presentation at Wehr Theater, Highton City
19:00 Banquet at City Palace

Day 3
10:00 Visit to the Highton Museum, Highton City
14:00 Sutherland XI vs. Highton MNT, Cocos' Park, Highton City
19:00 Departure from Sophia II International Airport (HCI)
19:30 Arrival at Aleman Regional Airport (GLK), Glöckenkirchen
20:00 Accommodations at the Royal Hotel, Glöckenkirchen

Day 4
11:00 Transport to Trier (Highton Bahn Special Service)
12:00 Arrival in Trier
13:00 Luncheon with Governor Küpfer (of Aleman), Trier
15:00 Tour of Trier
19:30 Accommodations at Eleanor Palace

Day 5
07:00 Transport to Jefferson (via HHS)
11:00 Mass at St. Alexander's Cathedral, Jefferson
14:00 Visit to Empire Castle, Jefferson
16:00 Opening of Sister-City Program, Jefferson City Hall
21:00 Transport to Alexandria (via Highton Bahn Special Service)
22:30 Departure from Alexandria International Airport (AXI)

Any additional proposals or changes shall be reported to the Crowned Prince as soon as possible.

Crowned Prince Diego II
Crowned Prince of the Crowned Republic of Highton

i3c9xu.png
33uquc8.png

To the office of The Crowned Prince,

The Arc-Wonderess is looking forward to the exciting itinerary and exposition of Highton that is in store. We write to you to approve the itinerary on behalf of the Wings of Sutherland for diplomatic approval and the Diadem of Sutherland for security approval. There are no changes to the current schedule needed by these entities, but the diplomatic staff and security of the Arc-Wonderess will collaborate with their sister agencies in Highton to coordinate efforts. We hope to see you at Sophia II. Thank you for your cooperation and concern in these matters.

In your service,
2pt2bko.png

Raymond Hybin
Servant of the Committee of Heart and the Wings of Sutherland

15:55, Sophia II International Airport, North Highton

Princess Penelope sat on a bench staring at a cell phone. A private jet was arriving from over 5,700 kilometers away, from the newly independent Sutherland Federation, and she was closely watching the plane close in on the runway. The jet was carrying the Arc-Wondress of the Federation and the rest of the Sutherlan delegation. She looked out of the window and saw the plane coming in from the south- it was time. Once the plane had landed, dozens of security guards immediately appeared near the arrival gate. A few moments later, the entourage came through the door and the Arc-Wondress could be spotted. The large amount of security was a necessity since Sutherland was still a disputed state. Penelope, who was standing in for the Crowned Prince at this event, welcomed the visitor to the nation and the entourage quickly made their way to the bulletproof limousine. The Arc-Wondress had arrived.

Day by day the future was becoming more certain and manageable for Sutherland. So many bridges of friendship and cooperation were being built. Though Declann was the first encounter, Arc-Wonderess Jarreau was happy that finally a visit to a nation could be celebratory and not involve the takedown of terrorists. Highton held the potential to be a nation of great opportunity for Sutherland. The Crowned Republic could become a gateway to Craviter and the esteemed nations that have governed in Eras centuries before Sutherland's time. Jarreau was more than ready for the time to come.

The jet descended towards Highton's soil and glided into Sophia II. Nathan noted the significant security presence. Hopefully, their services would not be required. Sub-Ambassador Revesthra exited the plane along with the delegation before the Arc-Wonderess stepped down onto foreign soil in an official capacity for the first time. The group was directed towards a stately woman who greeted them with a large smile. She introduced herself as Princess Penelope of Highton. They then moved to a limo and soon after the caravan moved out beginning the historic tour.

17:30, City Palace, Highton City

The limousine pulled up at the palace right on time- the Crowned Prince had been awaiting the arrival of the Arc-Wondress for a few hours now, and he received a message from his cousin Princess Penelope that they were just outside. The car pulled up underneath the palace at the underground entrance. First, the two bodyguards exited the vehicle followed by the number of guards who were already near the door. Next, Penelope and the Arc-Wondress exited the limo. Prince Diego emerged from the door and shook hands with the foreign leader. The Crowned Prince led them inside the palace. The two heads of state had one hour to prepare for their press conference of which the questions were prepared in advance.

18:35, City Palace Press Room, Highton City

The Crowned Prince and the Arc-Wondress took their seats in the press room. They glanced down at the question lists on the sheets in front of them prepared to answer the questions.

The first question came from Josep Voss of the Highton City Herald. “Firstly, welcome to Highton, Mr. Arc-Wondress,” said Voss. “The first question if for the Crowned Prince: Why did you invite the Arc-Wondress for this Exchange?” Diego replied firmly since he had prepared his answer: “The Crowned Republic has recently opened diplomatic relations with the Federation and many Hightonians have been curious about the nation. In addition, the President and I believe that a visit from the Sutherlan head of state will help show our support for the independence of Sutherland and encourage recognition of the Federation amongst other nations of the Craviter.”

The second question was from Die Morgenpost’s Francis Sol for the Arc-Wondress: “What impact do you think this exchange will have on the future of Sutherland?” The Arc-Wondress replied: “The Sutherland Federate is set on creating a peaceful Eras. Such a goal cannot be achieved unless other nations are engaged with. Highton's invitation shows us that our goal can be accomplished with the help of great nations that see peace as a strength and something worth obtaining. We also hope that this relationship can allow economic benefit for both nations as trade deals are discussed and explored for a mutual benefit for the both of us.”

The final question was asked by Kristine Tor of Aleman Daily for both leaders: “What will be the long term effects of this partnership between the two nations and how will this affect the rest of Eras?” Diego replied first. “Highton sees an opportunity for a partner in Sutherland and hopes this exchange will be the beginning of a great friendship between the two nations. We’ve noticed that Highton shares many qualities with Sutherland, including democracy and faith. As I previously mentioned, we would like to make known out strong support for Sutherlan independence as well and hope other nations will follow our lead.” The Arc-Wonderess added his response: “Firstly, I want to thank Highton for its confidence and trust in Sutherland. It is deeply moving to find a people who believe see the good in Sutherland and our values as a people. I hope that our example may show the rest o Eras how a peaceful relationship lacking in political angling or military benefit can come about. These so called 'alliances' and 'unions' of Eras have only divided the world along geographical and cultural lines. Here are two nations with different histories and different locations coming together in hope of betterment of everyone and not just a select few. If I may say so, I think this relationship is a historical step for the stabilization of Eras, and I thank you, Diego, for being a part of this step with me.”

Diego stood up and thanked the press for participating and led the Arc-Wondress back into the palace to prepare for dinner with Highton’s head of government, the President.

Highton City Herald:
Z51FsFi.png

Sutherland Leader Arrives in Highton

Highton sees opportunity in Sutherland, says Crowned Prince

Highton City, North Highton: Arc-Wondress Nathan Jarreau, the Head of State of the newly-declared Sutherland Federation, arrived at Sophia II International Airport in North Highton. He was met there by Princess Penelope who welcomed the Sutherlan delegation to the Crowned Republic for a cultural exchange between the two nations intended to strengthen ties. A small number of Sutherlan natives living in Highton awaited the Arc-Wondress near the terminal exit, however the only glimpse they caught of Jarreau was the passing limousine and security entourage that came with it. On the way to the capital city, the limousine briefly passed by Santa Eliana, the first capital of Highton and the place where the Principality was founded. The entourage is believed to have arrived at the palace around 17:30, however this cannot be confirmed since they arrived through the private entrance. About an hour later, the press was given the opportunity to ask questions to the two heads of state in the City Palace Press Room.

"The Crowned Republic has recently opened diplomatic relations with the Federation and many Hightonians have been curious about the nation," said the Crowned Prince when asked why he invited the Arc-Wondress. "In addition, the President and I believe that a visit from the Sutherlan head of state will help show our support for the independence of Sutherland and encourage recognition of the Federation amongst other nations of the Craviter." Throughout the press conference, Jarreau pointed out how a strong relationship with Highton could mutually benefit both nations. After the press conference, Diego and Jarreau returned to the palace for a short time and then met up with the President of Highton, Alex Calabrese, for dinner before returning to City Palace around 21:40.

-Josep Voss

The Arc-Wonderess was very excited to meet Highton's president after the press briefing. There was so much to talk about, but he knew he would have to choose only one aspect of the relationship to focus on.

20:00, President's Mansion, Highton City, North Highton

Calabrese: Welcome to Highton, Mr. Arc-Wonderess
Jarreau: The honor is all mine, Mr. President.
Calabrese: Are you enjoying it so far?
Jarreau: I have been nothing but delighted with your esteemed nation.
Calabrese: I’m glad to hear that, let’s take a seat.
Both leaders are seated.
Calabrese: What shall we discuss tonight?
Jarreau: How can we benefit economically from one another? I think this is an important aspect of building international relationships.
Calabrese: Highton is known for its extensive rail network and I believe Sutherland could benefit from a Highton-esc rail system spanning the Federation.
Jarreau: I am obliged to agree. Sutherland lacks sufficient infrastructure for the growing population. We would be happy to accept a financial agreement in order to secure a strengthening of our railroad system. We have recently secured a trade deal with Midir through the trade and use of our fertile soil. Corn and wheat are known to grow excellently in our midlands. Could our harvest be of any interest to Highton?
Calabrese: Perhaps. My only concern is how goods can be shipped both ways due to the fact that the Syrixian Empire, which controls Phoenix Strait trade routes, does not recognize the sovereignty of the Federation.
Jarreau: There may be a need to acquire some...help.
Calabrese: I believe we can tackle this task at a later date.
A waiter arrives with a Rotkartofsteak for both leaders and they eat.

Invitation:
HhZaMbp.png
WZqc2if.png
The Crowned Prince of Highton and the Arc-Wonderess of Sutherland would like to request your presence to a Royal Banquet at City Palace in Highton City, Highton. Any inquiries shall be reported to the Crowned Prince. We hope to see you there in the spirit of fellowship, peace, and international understanding of different cultures.

Sincerely,

Diego II, Crowned Prince of Highton
Nathan Jarreau, Arc-Wonderess of Sutherland

List of Invitees:
List of Invitees​

-Mr. Alex Calabrese, President of Highton
-Mr. Antonio Fernández, Secretary of International Affairs, Highton
-His Highness Anthony I, Grand Emperor of Goyanes
-Mr. Phillipo Gabris, President of Benolia
-Ms. Lucie Marquette, Lead Phoenix Union Delegate from Highton
-Mr. Chirag Thakur, Phoenix Union Delegation from Syrixia
-His Royal Highness Markos Severyn, Phoenix Union Delegation from Maloria
-Mr. Elisif Hellenberg, Phoenix Union Delegation from Xentherida
-Mr. Alvydas Drakoviak, Phoenix Union Delegation from Arrandal
-Her Highness Princess Penelope, Hightonian Royal Family
-Mr. Felix Columbious, Former President of Highton
-Ms. Ida Schönau, Former President of Highton
-Mr. Philip Bäcker, Former President of Highton
-Mrs. Cynthia Ophizeichen, Governor of North Highton
-Mr. Manuel Hauer, Governor of Aleman
-Mr. Georg Weit, Governor of Reyterra

RSVP:
QWea4ZM.png

From the desk of His Imperial Highness, Anthony I

To Whom It May Concern:

I would be delighted to participate in the Hightonian Banquet. My household secretary will be in contact with you in regards to the formalities of international travel to Highton. I look forward to visiting Highton and communicating with the other dignitaries present there.

Much Blessings,
Anthony I of Kjellse and Tages
Grand Emperor of the Imperial Goyanean Federation

Letter:
ZpoZiGN.png

Presidential Palace
Alexandria​

His Majesty Diego II
Crowned Prince of Highton
Highton City

Your Majesty,

I graciously accept your invitation to attend the Royal Banquet at City Palace, and avail myself of this opportunity to speak with you. My staff will be in contact with you shortly in regards to the specifics of my trip.

Please send my regard to Mr. Jarreau.

Yours,

Phillipo Gabris
President of Benolia

14:00, Embassy of Sutherland, Highton City

Hundreds of people gathered on Nacïon Avenue in downtown Highton City to witness the opening of the new Hightonian embassy. Secretary of International Affairs Antonio Fernández, who had served under the last two administrations, took the microphone to speak.

“On the 1st of February, 2009, I had a new job. President Felix Columbious had appointed me as Secretary of International Affairs, a job which had been a lifetime goal of mine. At that time, Highton was not in too good a standing with nations of other continents. Many embassies had closed in the prior years. Felix and I made it our goal to improve Highton’s standing in other corners of the world, and I believe we were able to do so.

“By early 2018, Felix had left the office. A new president was in his place, and I am thankful that President Calabrese chose to keep me in my role when he took office. When we learned of Sutherland’s secession from McMasterdonia, we closely observed the situation and by a 61-18 vote in the Legislature, Highton became one of the first nations to recognize the new federation. I was at my weekly meeting with the President and Crowned Prince at City Palace, and a few weeks ago the topic of Sutherland came up. Diego believed there was great potential in a strong relationship with the Federation, and that a cultural exchange would be beneficial for both nations, so this event was organized. So here we stand, on Nacïon Avenue, preparing to open the Sutherlan Embassy in Highton City. I thank you all for coming out today, and I thank the Arc-Wonderess for participating in this exchange. Now, Mr. Arc-Wondress, if you’d like to say a few words…”

Antonio handed the mic over to Nathan, who began to speak.

A copy of the speech delivered by the Arc-Wonderess at the opening of the Sutherlan Embassy in Highton City​

Embassy Speech:
WZqc2if.png
How far this land is from my home, and yet how close I seem to the land I love here in Highton City. We are two peoples coming together, seeing each other for the first time, and growing into something greater than what we are now. This is the meaning of diplomacy and a cause greater than any military action. This embassy is a founding of a new future for Highton and Sutherland alike. My greatest wish is that this coming together in dialogue and in the true spirit of respect may be a testament to the possibilities that abound. I know we are a fractured world, but if we wish to succeed on all fronts, we must make an effort, come together, see the dignity of all races, all peoples, and all continents so that we can not only be a nation on Meterra, or Craviter, or Gothis. Geography and disagreement only limit us if we allow it to control us as a society. I am pleased to find you the people of Highton to be a national community willing to overlook these obstacles in order to achieve a higher good.

I cannot give a speech about the hopes and happiness of Sutherland here today without recognizing the spiritual brotherhood and sisterhood that binds us in Courantist faith. I know that our shared ideals will only strengthen the understandings and common goals that we have, because we are but one faithful family. I have brought a gift to symbolize our united spirit. I bring to you today a vial of Sutherland’s finest quartz which contains soil from The Dominion of Alderon’s 4th Governmental District where the first travelers from inner McMasterdonia stepped onto the newly claimed soil to join us natives in forming the faithful nation of Sutherland. This vial is to be awarded to the Crowned Prince. Another vial shall forever be located in the embassy for all to see as a sign of our dedicated spirit for a better Sutherland which also means a bettering of relations with Highton. Thank you for inviting us here for this historic occasion and allowing us to be a part of the life of Highton. May all of Highton be well and may you find final victory in Christ.

A letter arrives at the desks of Diego II and Nathan Jarreau, both letters addressed to the respective leaders and a single emblem, a golden Wyvern, stamped upon the envelope.

To the Leaders of Highton and Sutherland,

I am humbled to have received your invite to attend your ball. However I feel I must decline.

As a servant to Her Highness King Jadzia III it would be a breech of decorum to accept an invitation to an event that she herself, as head of state, was not invited to. After all I am her subject.

Nor can I attend on behalf of the Phoenix Union, which I must remind you has not yet recognized Sutherland’s Independence, nor have we had the issue come to a vote. Until such a time as the issue is presented before our august Union I do not feel it within my purview to attend.

Again, thank you for your invitation and may it be a marvelous and joyous gathering.

Your Friend,
Alvydas Drakoviak
Grand Duke of Kranznikot,
Lord Paramount of the Waiczyn,
and Grand Presiding Officer of the Phoenix Union

Looking to a Southern Land: A Cultural Presentation

WZqc2if.png

16:30 Wehr Theater, Highton City

"I want to thank you, the assembly, for joining me here to learn, who exactly is the Sutherland Federation. I imagine that there might be many misconceptions about our people so I hope today gives you a more clear view of who we are. Firstly, I would like to talk about my role and how it functions in regard to Sutherlan society. I am what we call the “philosophical” head of the nation. Me and my successors are all students of philosophy and theology and study particularly under the Cardinal Bishop of ArchCentre. To hold this office, I must be forever celibate and devote my entire life to the good of Sutherland and the Courantist faith that guides her. Now, politically speaking my powers are limited. I have the main responsibility of always being the vice of faith both to the church and the Sutherlan people before local and national government action. I have the power to block any government proposal at the national and dominion level. The proposal is then presented to the people as a referendum to vote upon. Most importantly, I take my role as a model citizen and member of the Courantist faithful very seriously. When Sutherland faces a conflict or obstacle, I must be a symbol and voice of strength for the people no matter what we face.

Regarding the ideals of our people, there are four pillars on which Sutherlan society stands. The first pillar is love of heart. To care for the families and people that make up the community is a must of we wish to have a prosperous and successful society. We value the offering of assistance and care to another without receiving anything in return. We recognize that selfishness as a societal characteristic has the greatest potential to cause its collapse and so we hold to compassion and free giving of self as essential societal values. Secondly, we value doctrine. We take Courantist faith as the framework in which our society is built. This includes social teaching and our understanding of law through a moral legalist lense. Along with the sacramental life of church thought, we fully value the moral system that the church has developed since its founding and trust it will benefit the flourishing of the Sutherland nation. Thirdly, we value the pillar of passion. Every citizen of the Sutherland dominions has gifts, talents, and aspirations. Therefore, we highly encourage the seeking out of one’s talents as long as their responsibilities to society are fulfilled. We wish every endeavor to benefit the communities of our nation in some way whether it be culturally, economically, or politically. Finally, we seek and defend the pillar of wisdom which is a shared concept of a greater good that is shared by all of Sutherland. We seek good for everyone who relies on Sutherland for prosperity and every single person has that right as endowed by the generosity of God. It is these four pillars together that drive the societal development and preservation of Sutherland. Without these ideals, Sutherland would surely cease to be.

My final point will cover the government structure of Sutherland since it can be confusing to some. We are a federation of dominions that work together in common good, identity, faith, and purpose to bring about a better world and society for the end goal of salvational reward. We believe that the strongest level of government should be the local level since it is the level of authority that knows the people best. These communities are the governmental districts of Sutherland that contain roughly 10,000 person communities that live, socialize, and work together for common good. These districts have a personal government though this level utilizes direct democracy for those of voting age and over. Each district elects an official to be a part of the council that governs the dominion. These dominion councils are authoritative on collaborative action between governmental districts. One member of the council is selected as dominion leader who appoints other council members for the task of relations or defense. The national level acts mostly as a forum and deliberation ground between the dominions with any action being legally binding only if a dispute is to be settled between dominions or an interdominion agreement is to be ratified. Diplomatic and defensive measures are handles by the federal level as liaison on behalf of the separate dominions. Each government district sends one member to the Core General which acts as legislature. Sutherland is broken into larger regencies containing about 510,000 persons each. Regents are elected among the districts to represent the whole regency in the Council of Regents. One Regent becomes Arc-Regent or head of government in Sutherland acting as prime deliberator and executive in regard to matters that come before the federal forum. The rest of the regents assist him or her in their duties in specific areas like trade, diplomacy, or dominion outreach. The Core General acts as the government agencies as the Order of the Wings, our diplomatic branch, and the Diadem of Sutherland, the military branch, are run by members of the Core General. The Core is broken up into four councils that correspond to the four pillars mentioned earlier which divy up the responsibilities of the federal level.

I hope this description of our nation allows you a little better view of who we are and what we value. I wanted to take this time to show my appreciation for the beautiful Highton culture. I am thoroughly enjoying my time here in Highton and cannot wait for the remainder of the trip. Thank you for your time and may God be with you."

Back