-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Siwale
Discord
siwale
Since the last batch of amendments to the Line of Succession, the Security Council has seen quite a few changes in its roster as well as changes in activity levels of some of members. Therefore, the Council is proposing a new Line of Succession. This can be found below:
Line of Succession:
1. Vice Delegate
2. Great Bights Mum
3. McMasterdonia
4. Pallaith
5. r3naissanc3r
6. Bootsie
7. Sil Dorsett
8. Gladio
9. Lord Lore
10. SillyString
11. Lord Ravenclaw
12. Romanoffia

Why not do
LOS:
1. Vice Delegate
2. Security Council Head
3. Security Council SiC (Second in Command)
4. Eldest most sitting SC next maybe?
My point is to institute roles that are filled on the Security Council side rather than amend the line of succession every time new people join.

TlomzKrano:
Why not do
LOS:
1. Vice Delegate
2. Security Council Head
My point is to institute roles that are filled on the Security Council side rather than amend the line of succession every time new people join.
As highlighted in our Constitution and Legal Code, the Line of Succession is used to determine who assumes the duties of Delegate or VD in the event that either one of these positions is vacated or the holder of the office is absent as well as determines who can be assigned regional Border Control powers. The Council is free to establish its own set of internal roles, however, the LoS is what will ultimately determine who takes on the responsibilities highlighted above.

I like how the current system is set up. RA input on the LoS is extremely valuable, in my opinion. The LoS typically doesn't need to be updated this frequently but the Council has undergone some major changes in membership lately. Over the past few months, we have gained 4 new members as well as lost 2 members.

TlomzKrano:
Why not do
LOS:
1. Vice Delegate
2. Security Council Head
Basing everything after 3 on seniority itself can be very dangerous.

That leaves little if any flexibility for where everyone tends to settle in endorsement counts and for Activity. The four most senior Councillors atm iirc are Roman, GBM, McMasterdonia and SillyString. Roman is very inactive right now, (as of right now more then a week from actually logging into NS or the forum), but basing it off of seniority puts him up there near the top automatically.

And without giving someone like R3n a fancy title would put myself over them in the succession even though they have been a delegate in the past and are much more qualified to slide into the roll in the event of an emergency then myself.

I would also like to point out that the Head of the Security Council is the Vice Delegate.

Lord Lore:
TlomzKrano:
Why not do
LOS:
1. Vice Delegate
2. Security Council Head
Basing everything after 3 on seniority itself can be very dangerous.

That leaves little if any flexibility for where everyone tends to settle in endorsement counts and for Activity. The four most senior Councillors atm iirc are Roman, GBM, McMasterdonia and SillyString. Roman is very inactive right now, (as of right now more then a week from actually logging into NS or the forum), but basing it off of seniority puts him up there near the top automatically.

And without giving someone like R3n a fancy title would put myself over them in the succession even though they have been a delegate in the past and are much more qualified to slide into the roll in the event of an emergency then myself.

I would also like to point out that the Head of the Security Council is the Vice Delegate.
The seniority and other positions was more of an example/suggestion. I was simply saying that instead of writing peoples actual names and updating every time something changes, use internal positions within the SC to simplify the process. The order wouldn't change, it would just have updates on the SC side rather than an amendment for a trivial change.

Siwale:
TlomzKrano:
Why not do
LOS:
1. Vice Delegate
2. Security Council Head
As highlighted in our Constitution and Legal Code, the Line of Succession is used to determine who assumes the duties of Delegate or VD in the event that either one of these positions is vacated or the holder of the office is absent as well as determines who can be assigned regional Border Control powers. The Council is free to establish its own set of internal roles, however, the LoS is what will ultimately determine who takes on the responsibilities highlighted above.

I like how the current system is set up. RA input on the LoS is extremely valuable, in my opinion. The LoS typically doesn't need to be updated this frequently but the Council has undergone some major changes in membership lately. Over the past few months, we have gained 4 new members as well as lost 2 members.
I understand how the LoS works, that is not the issue. My observation is that you could streamline this process by assigning LoS internally within the SC and have such positions reflected in the LoS instead of updating/amending at any trivial change.

TlomzKrano:
Siwale:
TlomzKrano:
Why not do
LOS:
1. Vice Delegate
2. Security Council Head

I understand how the LoS works, that is not the issue. My observation is that you could streamline this process by assigning LoS internally within the SC and have such positions reflected in the LoS instead of updating/amending at any trivial change.
1)These are not trivial changes

2)Once you set up this streamlined process, how will the RA ever have any say in this order without undoing the change you propose, or defeating the purpose of it? I do not think this is something you want to give away forever.

I get what you are suggesting and why, but in doing this, you would be delegating something that by design was intended to be in the hands of all the members of the region, not a small handful.

I have nothing to add apart from agreeing with Siwale and Pallaith as to the need to keep the RA involved.

Pallaith:
TlomzKrano:
Siwale:
TlomzKrano:
Why not do
LOS:
1. Vice Delegate
2. Security Council Head

1)These are not trivial changes

2)Once you set up this streamlined process, how will the RA ever have any say in this order without undoing the change you propose, or defeating the purpose of it? I do not think this is something you want to give away forever.

I get what you are suggesting and why, but in doing this, you would be delegating something that by design was intended to be in the hands of all the members of the region, not a small handful.
I meant trivial as in the continuous adding of people. The order is important but the act of tacking people onto the bottom may be trivial. I understand the value of the RA for that matter however.

TlomzKrano:
I meant trivial as in the continuous adding of people. The order is important but the act of tacking people onto the bottom may be trivial. I understand the value of the RA for that matter however.
The act of tacking to the bottom is trivial, which is why that doesn't require an RA amendment; new SC members are added to the bottom of the LoS upon assumption of their office. However, with four SC additions and two SC removals, an update beyond this trivial tacking is necessary.

As well, amendments to the LoS aren't even that common. The last amendment to the LoS passed at exactly (time=1511321404), many months ago.

TlomzKrano:
If you had compared this LoS and the current one in effect. This is a complete overhaul not about just adding people. (Article 6, Section 4 of TNP's constitution already has adding new SC members to the LoS in check)

Only 2/11 spaces are staying the same. GBM in #2 and Bootsie in #6.

Raven is being moved from 3 to 11
McM is being moved from 4 to 3
Ghost is being moved from 8 to 4
SS is being moved from 5 to 10
R3n is being moved from 12 ro 5
Roman is being moved from 6 to 12
Sil is being moved from 9 to 7
Gladio is being moved from 11 to 8
I Myself am being moved from 10 to 9

Lord Lore:
Just a minor correction here - The VD chairs the SC, which is not the same thing as being the head. There is no head or Second in Command. The SC is a collaborative body and functions as a team.

Well this is a more in depth discussion than I was expecting to see. Two things you do t want to see how they're made: sausages and the LOS of the SC.

I think this is pretty straight forward. I trust the Security Council to produce a line of succession that is fair and best for the security of TNP.

Therefore:

I motion for a vote.

Wonderess:
I think this is pretty straight forward. I trust the Security Council to produce a line of succession that is fair and best for the security of TNP.

Therefore:

I motion for a vote.
Isimud:
No one else has commented in the last couple of days, so seconded, if necessary.
It is indeed.

Motion acknowledged. A vote has been scheduled to begin in two days.

Back