Tomb for Delegate - May 2017

Darcania:
1. How do you imagine the Delegacy's relation to the AG's office to be? As the AG's duties include providing legal advice to the Executive while at the same time leading the prosecution or, if necessary, filing an R4R on another's behalf against the Executive (along with others).

2. This dichotomy of both helping ensure the Executive follows the law and leading the consequences of not doing so leads to some interesting interactions. Would you, for example, provide Executive Council access to the AG like Plembobria did with you during the beginning of your Vice Delegacy before you became MoHA? How often do you imagine your Delegacy speaking to the AG for legal advice?

3. I note that during your last term your Delegacy's relation to the AG was significantly more... antagonistic, due to what Raven said above. Could you highlight in your answers how you hope to improve such relations should you win the Delegacy?
1.) I'll certainly be reaching out to the AG's Office whenever I need legal advice, and I'll certainly urge my Ministers to do the same. That's really how the relationship between the Delegate and the AG's Office has always been, and so I don't anticipate it changing under my helm.

2.) I believe you're referring to the abbreviation "VD" instead of "AG," but to answer your question, I will definitely provide Executive Council access to the VD. As you know, the Vice Delegate is a heart beat away from the Delegacy, and I think it would really be harmful to the region to deny the VD an eye and an ear inside an office that they could potential ascend to within a moment's notice. At the most minimum, they need to at least know what's going on in the Executive so that they can be ready in the case of an emergency. To answer the second part of the question, it would really be whenever legal advice would be needed. So hopefully, not very often :P

3.) First of all, I'd like to clear up something before answering the question. My relationship with AG's office was never "antagonistic." I can't recall a single conversation with GM (the AG at the time of my case) that was not gracious and helpful, and I tried to communicate the same way on my end. As I said, that was an episode that I strongly regret, and I've learned from it, and I think I've proven that I've learned from it through my performance in my roles in this region. I don't really see a damaged relationship with the AG's Office, which I was actually a member of for about six months, and so I don't really have anything to offer in terms of relationship improvement -- since there is no damage.

Mystery Player:
"we’re going to be holding a lot more operations (starting June, there’ll be a practice OP every single minor update)"

How do you plan to maintain this?
Thank you for the follow up question, Mystery Player. We'll achieve this through cooperation and collaboration with my Minister of Defense, the Command Chain (the Generals), and the various Officers in the NPA. Basically, we will have a few missions arranged at every minor update, and anyone who has the time to show up (not only to participate, but also to lead missions -- under observation) is welcomed. This will provide our Officers, especially, a chance to level up and gain promotions so that they can eventually join the Command Chain, and similarly, it will be a good opportunity for our regular soldiers to gain more experience and become Officers. But back to your question, my Minister of Defense and I will personally oversee the planning, and for any dates where no one can command the operation, I will personally oversee and lead the mission. (You could still go through the drills of a military operation and give the "go" order without moving your nation.)

SillyString:
What is the story behind your name? How did you come up with "Tomb"?
Hello there, my silliest friend :P There is a long story about it actually, but three and a half years of playing this game has really wrecked my memory. I do remember I was playing Tomb Raider at the time (2014) -- which is where I got the name from. There was more to it than that, but my memory is really failing me right now. Anyways, for a while it was the only game I played so I eventually got bored of it, and on that particular day, I started looking up government simulation games. This game was the first thing I found, so I signed up and I ended up being founded in TNP. To be honest, I really did not think much of the game when I first started. To me, it was too simplistic in terms of layout, but what did intrigue me was the issue answering. The fact that issues back then were timed to come out every 12 hours drew me to the game everyday, and I eventually decided to delve in deeper into the game and checkout what these mysterious things called "forums" were. Two weeks after I joined TNP's forum, became a TNP citizen, and the rest is history from there. But that was a long rant to a simple question.

Speaking as one of the current lead RP moderators in this region, I have a couple of concerns with your culture policy.

1. Roleplay has generally been separate from Government, acting as general forum administration since Madjack was left as the only RP moderator a while back in our history, and has acted as such ever since. This is also a popular state of existence for the roleplay moderators. By implementing your listed policies do you intend to move government oversight back onto RP, or leave it up to the existing team?

2. Regardless of your previous answer, I am wondering about how you will go about writing these RP tutorials and guides. Will consultation of already experienced roleplayers, roleplay moderators, or the roleplayer's conclave occur, or will these tutorials be directly written by them?

Thank you for your answers

Tomb:
Darcania:
What Ministry would you add and what Ministry would you remove if you had to?
I would not remove any Ministry right now. I think we’re down to the right number of Ministries needed to operate the region, and so I think we’re good in that regard.
If you want to dodge a question, the least you could do is make it less transparent. Let me reiterate it, then, in a way that is more difficult to dodge.

During the past term(s), which Ministry do you think was the least active and performed the least admirably? Which two Ministries do you believe have the most overlap in their functions? Which Ministry, if removed, do you believe would impact the function of the Executive the least?

And as a followup to those questions, what in all those Ministries would you change to make it so that, as much as you are capable, each Ministry have unique, useful, and active functions, without requiring too much of one or more Ministries?

I also have another question. In your past term, you implemented a Ministry of Entertainment, in charge of overseeing TNP's Roleplay. What do you think was the most successful result of the MoE, and what lessons do you believe we can learn from it and its eventual dissolution?

Darcania:
Tomb:
Darcania:
What Ministry would you add and what Ministry would you remove if you had to?
I would not remove any Ministry right now. I think we’re down to the right number of Ministries needed to operate the region, and so I think we’re good in that regard.
If you want to dodge a question, the least you could do is make it less transparent. Let me reiterate it, then, in a way that is more difficult to dodge.

1. During the past term(s), which Ministry do you think was the least active and performed the least admirably? Which two Ministries do you believe have the most overlap in their functions? Which Ministry, if removed, do you believe would impact the function of the Executive the least?

2. And as a followup to those questions, what in all those Ministries would you change to make it so that, as much as you are capable, each Ministry have unique, useful, and active functions, without requiring too much of one or more Ministries?

3. I also have another question. In your past term, you implemented a Ministry of Entertainment, in charge of overseeing TNP's Roleplay. What do you think was the most successful result of the MoE, and what lessons do you believe we can learn from it and its eventual dissolution?

Calm down, bud, I'm not dodging any of your questions, and I've been answering all of them in detail to the best of my ability. You asked me a question about which Ministry I wanted to abolish, I gave you an answer: none of them. It's as easy that. There's no dodging, and there's no reason for me to be "less transparent" about it.

Anyways, to answer your follow up questions:

1.) Unfortunately, I would say that the Ministry that was the least active and performed the least admirably was the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I applaud Minister of Foreign Affairs Guy for his efforts, and I am not trying to downgrade his leadership there by any means. NS as a whole experienced an activity slump early on in this term. In addition to that, for many, the end of this term is when exams are, and most student players start studying/preparing a few weeks ahead for these exams. Simply put, it's a complex activity situation to meddle through. So the blame is not be put on one individual. But if we were to base the evaluation on expectations from the beginning of the term being fulfilled, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was not able to turnout a functioning mentoring program for ambassadors as promised. Ambassador reports are not being enforced -- for the month of April, there were only 2 reports. Perhaps most importantly, we failed to engage our allies (through cultural festivities, joint military operations, etc.) to the level we did in previous terms.

To answer the second part of your question, right now, I don't think we really have any Ministries with overlapping responsibilities. The closest thing that comes to mind would be the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Communications. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is responsible for the distribution of TNL, which the Ministry of Communication writes and publishes. If we put our mind to it, we would be able to merge these two Ministries into one (thus reducing the number of Ministries by 1) with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs handling both the distribution and production of TNL. This is something that I would not pursue as Delegate, though. I believe that there's so much more potential in the Ministry of Communications right now, and this particular term under Kasch's helm has illustrated that very well.

2.) It comes down to staff distribution, an efficient Minister, and an ability to assess what needs to be done and do it incrementally. If we look at the Executive Branch right now, it would not take too long to realize that the Ministry with the most active Executive Staff is the Ministry of Home Affairs. In there, my deputy ministers and I have tried to constantly bring in new talent into the Ministry -- obviously, the more people there are, the easier the completion of our various tasks is. But new members are not only necessary for the completion of tasks. It's essential to understand that with new members comes new talent and new ideas, and that's really why the Ministry of Home Affairs has been so successful. We embrace newer members and we offer them a path to contribute to our region and its development. As Delegate, I would ensure that each of my Ministers do the exact same thing. We need to not only recruit more members, but also engage them through rewards, promotions, and one-on-one interactions. My second point was about having an efficient Minister, and that really ties into my third point about the incremental road to success within each Ministry. With an efficient Minister who is able to utilize a Ministry's resources and understand not only the Ministry's goals but also the obstacles to reaching them, I really think each Ministry will not struggle to have a unique, useful, and active function.

3.) My main goal with the creation of the Ministry of Entertainment was to allow the Ministry of Culture to focus on actual cultural engagement rather than constant promotion of RP. As I previously said in one of my answers here, I don't want to de-prioritize the promotion of RP. I simply want cultural engagement (cultural events, competitions, and activities) to be an equal priority. The most successful result of the MoE was that in many ways, it did free the Ministry of Culture, and it allowed the RP sector to flourish into its own entity. Eventually, it did not even need a Ministry to function under, and as we can see now, RP is its own entity run primarily by RPers.

MacSalterson:
Speaking as one of the current lead RP moderators in this region, I have a couple of concerns with your culture policy.

1. Roleplay has generally been separate from Government, acting as general forum administration since Madjack was left as the only RP moderator a while back in our history, and has acted as such ever since. This is also a popular state of existence for the roleplay moderators. By implementing your listed policies do you intend to move government oversight back onto RP, or leave it up to the existing team?

2. Regardless of your previous answer, I am wondering about how you will go about writing these RP tutorials and guides. Will consultation of already experienced roleplayers, roleplay moderators, or the roleplayer's conclave occur, or will these tutorials be directly written by them?

Thank you for your answers

1. I, first and foremost, respect the RP Moderation Team. I think the concept of the RP Mod Team is a great idea. I believe, though, that at the same time, RP is also an integral part of our region's culture. I believe that the Mods are fulfilling and should continue to fulfill the duties of administrating RP, setting the bounds of realism, administrating the map, administrating the RP Discord, etc. I will encourage the Ministry of Culture to work with the RP Mods on various large RP-related projects that may be suggested in the future (with the agreement of both the RP mods and the MoC leadership). I will also task the Ministry of Culture to continue promoting TNP RP and make sure that the RP community remains engaged. I think that, overall, the Ministry of Culture and the RP Moderation Team can work together to create a good RP atmosphere and promote our amazing RP world as, as I said, an integral part of our region's culture.

2. I plan to have the Ministry of Culture consult all three groups; experienced RPers, RP Mods, and the RP Conclave. I know for sure that the insight of all three groups will be of valuable use to writing the tutorials. These guides will be state-of-the-art and very detailed, and we can't do that without the help of the best and brightest in our amazing RP community.

Goyanes:
This campaign has my endorsement! :P
Kasch:
It is a huge honour to run this campaign alongside you and whoever else wants to support us!
Zazumo:
I support this campaign fully.
BaasRed:
It's an honor to support you sir.
Gladio:
You have my support, best of luck
wicheye:
I fully support this campaign!
Syrixia:
Go team Tomb! :D You have my vote!
abc:
Tomb! I am happy to be supporting you in this campaign and wish you the best of luck!
Brend0g:
You have my full support!
Ceretis:
Go Tomb 2017
Owenstacey:
I like it, you have my support
Northern Scovia:
I support you!
Romanoffia:
I'm glad to see such an able ticket for Delegate/Vice Delegate.

Full support!
The Leader of Lorthar:
You have my support
Darklord:
Tomb you have my support
I never got to properly thank you guys, but I really appreciate your support. You are the backbone of our campaign and our region, and I am proud to have your support and your endorsements. Thank you so much, my friends. :wave: #KaTomb

Thank you for your answers. I have some further questions (some lifted from previous campaigns).

Do you intend to be making appointments of Ministers without application or do you intend to have the Ministerial positions be open to application? Why have you made the choice you have? If you intend to have some done without application and others with application, why might you choose different methods for different Ministries?

Would you expect Ministers to maintain a strong presence to the game side/regional message board?

How will you keep your Ministers on track to meet your policy goals?

Do you believe scheduled cabinet meetings including all or most cabinet members in a live conversation are valuable, and why or why not? If they are, how likely do you think it is that you would be able to hold them, and what could stop you?

Would you also please comment on why you've been fearmongering in allied regions about the state of our existing alliances if Palliath gets elected? :) I won't lie, hearing that caused me to lose every single ounce of respect for you that I have.

How dare you manufacture a diplomatic crisis to suit your own political agenda and act so utterly and completely deceitful. Your behaviour is one massive insult to everything the North Pacific stands for and you undermine half a decade of diplomacy with every deceitful word you uttered.

What makes this worse is as though you have forgotten the very role of the regional assembly, but I suppose the reminder that the RA is the pinnacle of scrutiny, restraint and the centre of all legislative authority that can and will vote against Delegate's and their plans wouldn't be a very useful tool in your campaign rhetoric, eh?

Why else would I make a public endorsement of a candidate despite refusing to in the past? You could have had this election in the proverbial bag if you hadn't decided to resort to dirty and cheap tricks to undermine your opponents and even our established system.

We are fortunate to have strong and devoted allies who know our system better than you gave them credit for. But did you honestly think that it wouldn't get back to people here?

I won't even comment on the FOREIGN MINISTER of THE ALLIED STATES applying for citizenship after being told in advance of your plan to run just to ENDORSE YOU once you posted a pro-TAS foreign policy, in line with your United Kingdom objectives as Foreign Minister there. I don't need to, it speaks for itself.

Congratulations, I can't remember the last time someone played a more thorough Osiran style election campaign. Five star.

PS: Your COI misses the time that you moved your nation out of TNP while Attorney General to go chasing a Prime Ministers job in British Isles last Summer after being elected on a grand platform, eh Lord Tomb?

As I said in your campaign server, this is nothing personal, but I think I'm switching sides. Nothing personal, but I've seen the other side of the story. I think you're a great guy and a good friend, and I want to stress the "Nothing Personal" bit. Going around in other regions and telling them that Pallaith will, like, ally with TP and stuff? Plus, House Ravenclaw hasn't existed for MONTHS, and Raven makes sure his former family members know that. And, finally, the whole crash course thing Raven said was a joke.

Look, as I said, you're a great guy and a good friend, and I want to stress the "Nothing Personal" bit of this...but I think I'm outta here. GL on the rest of the campaign, mate, but I'm switching my vote to Pallaith.

As I said in the campaign server:

Tomb, I love you as a friend and enjoy being around you and don't want you to take anything personal. I agree with Syrixia, I'm not exactly sure what to believe right now. I will however, remain part of the campaign as I still fully support Kasch. Thank you Tomb for all the great oppurtunities you have given me and others and I hope you are happy in whatever you end up doing in TNP in the future.

~ ABC

Mystery Player:
Posting again as a bump. Also bumping to remind everybody to read the campaign threads before you vote.
This is generally a good idea no matter the circumstances. An informed vote is always better than an uninformed one.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Would you also please comment on why you've been fearmongering in allied regions about the state of our existing alliances if Palliath gets elected? :) I won't lie, hearing that caused me to lose every single ounce of respect for you that I have.

How dare you manufacture a diplomatic crisis to suit your own political agenda and act so utterly and completely deceitful. Your behaviour is one massive insult to everything the North Pacific stands for and you undermine half a decade of diplomacy with every deceitful word you uttered.

What makes this worse is as though you have forgotten the very role of the regional assembly, but I suppose the reminder that the RA is the pinnacle of scrutiny, restraint and the centre of all legislative authority that can and will vote against Delegate's and their plans wouldn't be a very useful tool in your campaign rhetoric, eh?

Why else would I make a public endorsement of a candidate despite refusing to in the past? You could have had this election in the proverbial bag if you hadn't decided to resort to dirty and cheap tricks to undermine your opponents and even our established system.

We are fortunate to have strong and devoted allies who know our system better than you gave them credit for. But did you honestly think that it wouldn't get back to people here?

I won't even comment on the FOREIGN MINISTER of THE ALLIED STATES applying for citizenship after being told in advance of your plan to run just to ENDORSE YOU once you posted a pro-TAS foreign policy, in line with your United Kingdom objectives as Foreign Minister there. I don't need to, it speaks for itself.

Congratulations, I can't remember the last time someone played a more thorough Osiran style election campaign. Five star.

PS: Your COI misses the time that you moved your nation out of TNP while Attorney General to go chasing a Prime Ministers job in British Isles last Summer after being elected on a grand platform, eh Lord Tomb?
Quoting this as the question stands.

Also, it would appear that you sought to use your office as Minister of Home Affairs and position as an Officer in the North Pacific Army to generate more votes for you. How do you respond to the accusation that you have brought not just a Government Ministry but the Armed Forces into disrepute by turning your unaffiliated roles into outposts for your political campaign?

I know for a fact that you raised the topic of campaigning within the NPA to the Minister of Defence who said it was a bad idea, yet it does appear to have happened based on the number of NPA Votes you're getting from new recruits.

Members of your campaign server have also confirmed that you were seeking to use new players as vote winners by encouraging them to vote for your ticket.

Also, campaign server? Like seriously?

Back