Results: September 2016 General Election

Results: September 2016 General Election

ec_seal.png

The Election Commission has counted the votes in this General Election and now publishes these results, attesting they are true and correct.

In no contests has the electorate voted to re-open nominations.

Office[c]Votes[c]Percentage[c]Result[c]Delegate[c]5[c]6.02%[c]Do not re-open[c]Vice Delegate[c]1[c]1.20%[c]Do not re-open[c]Speaker[c]26[c]30.12%[c]Do not re-open

Plembobria is elected Delegate of The North Pacific.

Candidates[c]Votes[c]Percentage[c]Elected[c]Bootsie[c]34[c]44.16%[c]No[c]Plembobria[c]43[c]55.84%[c]Yes[c](Abstain)[c]6

Lord Ravenclaw is elected Vice Delegate of The North Pacific.

Candidates[c]Votes[c]Percentage[c]Elected[c]Lord Lore[c]4[c]5.13%[c]No[c]Yeraennus[c]2[c]2.56%[c]No[c]Praetor[c]18[c]23.08%[c]No[c]Lord Ravenclaw[c]44[c]56.41%[c]Yes[c]Romanoffia[c]10[c]12.82%[c]No[c](Abstain)[c]5

Zyvetskistaahn is re-elected Speaker of The North Pacific Regional Assembly.

Candidates[c]Votes[c]Percentage[c]Elected[c]Zyvetskistaahn[c]66[c]100.00%[c]Yes[c](Abstain)[c]17

A detailed breakdown of votes and results can be found in this spreadsheet.

Election Commissioners: Eluvatar, Great Bights Mum

A note: There were five invalid ballots cast in this election, which were not counted.

One ballot was privately sent and identical to the voter's previously posted public vote. (Except for the presence of a random ballot ID number.) It was ignored.

Two ballots were privately cast but did not supply the required random ballot ID number (one further ballot was cast without a number, but was corrected to include one when reminded by an Election Commissioner):

Ballot ID number: #

Delegate: < Bootsie >
Would you like to reopen nominations? < No >

Vice Delegate: < Yeraennus >

Speaker: < Abstain >

Ballot ID number: #

Delegate: < Plembobria >

Vice Delegate: < Lord Ravenclaw >

Speaker: < Abstain >

Publicly visible were the two ballots posted by non-citizens which were removed from the voting topic into separate topics here and here.

Also publicly visible was the earlier ballot posted by a member of ambiguous citizenship here of whom the Speaker's Office has indicated that they were not a citizen.

In total:
  • 83 valid votes cast
  • 6 invalid ballots submitted
  • 89 ballots submitted
  • 88 Residents submitted ballots
  • 85 Citizens submitted ballots

Before we get to the congratulations, I would like to add that the Election Commission is considering revisions to the election templates, among them a revision aimed to reduce the likelihood of voters sending incomplete private ballots.

Thanks to the Election Commission for the fastidious record keeping, and congratulations to the winners for standing out in a field of strong candidates.

I can post congratulations now? Congrats! I didn't vote for you Plembobria but I'm sure you'll do excellently.

Congratulations to Plembobria, Raven, and Zyvet! Good luck, guys! To the runner ups, do not be discouraged. Use this period to contribute to TNP, and be assured that there will be a next time.

Congrats to everyone!

~ Tomb

Congratulations, Zyvet. A handy victory over RON.

Congratulations Plemby. Hurry up and swear your oath so we can get things moving gameside.

Congratulations Plemby, Raven and Zyvet. The other candidates did pretty well too, thanks for all the work and keep it up.

srsly <_<

You guys don't know a good choice when you see one. jk jk I love you TNP! I hope I won't disappoint the region!

As a further comment, I'd like to congratulate all the other winners. Ravenocracy will be a blast. And I'm glad that this time around we had a fully competitive election. Not another rubber-stamp where one clear candidate won by a lot.

Thank you for all the congratulations. Congratulations to Plembobria and Lord Ravenclaw. Commiserations to the unsuccessful candidates, particularly my able opponents abstain and RON.

Highest Regards to Plemby and Ravenclaw! I'm sure both of you will be able to serve the region well in your respective offices.

Back