Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
moce_seal.png

The North Pacific-Greater Dienstad Roleplay and Cultural Exchange: Wrap-Up
And now it is time for another great event to come to an end.

I’d like to begin by thanking Greater Dienstad for joining us in this great event. Thank you to The Macabees and Lamoni in particular for assisting in organising the seminars and for promoting this event so heavily to roleplay communities right around NationStates.

If I may say so myself, this event has been a huge success. It has been an excellent opportunity for us to learn more about various areas of roleplay, so I’d like to thank our guest speakers: Lamoni, Starblaydia, Olivia, Macabees, Monavia, Prydania, Scand and Ghant for coming to the North Pacific and sharing your knowledge. Whether it was on our forum or on the voice chat, I know that many of our roleplayers will refer to your lectures as resources for their future work. On behalf of the North Pacific I’d like to sincerely thank you for your time.

We are pleased to offer you a small token of our gratitude:

Screen_Shot_2018-06-04_at_12.42.20_AM.png

While we have learned more about the outside world, we have also learned even more about our own roleplay community. The National Leaders Debate was particularly successful on the discord server, but also on the forum and on the RMB. It was a great non-canon opportunity for our in-character leaders and politicians to join together to debate the great topics of the world as we know it. Special mention to Syrixia who played the host of this debate. I will miss the character of Bharti and hope that she may return for future events of international interest.

The roleplay banquet was also a rather simple idea - a state dinner where characters could come and go as they please. Regardless of political persuasion, geographical location, or species. Many have spoken to me about how they felt they got to know their fellow RPers more in this event than they have through OOC event. I am sure that we can use this model for many future ideas that will prove just as beneficial and interesting.

Anyway, last but certainly not least, it is now time to offer up some awards.

Creative Character Champion - Chosen by Olivia
Congratulations to Andrenne who has won the prestigious title of Creative Character Champion. Olivia told me the following:

“Andrenne’s characters persona was consistent and their shortcomings blended well with the type of figure Andrenne is attempting to portray. His characters upbringing and influence of the more "modern world" was nicely written and complimented the two vastly different worlds with a smooth enough transition . It's easy to see that the character has his roots but also reflects the changes that he has had to endure. The characters personality was also fitting and suitable for a person who has taken such a path. While there are some aspects that I would like to speak to Andrenne with personally, if she so desires, however, Oswald is a believable, and well rounded concept and it was easy to picture him as a real being.”

Andrenne wins the following award:

0ZSvBac.png

Olivia identified the runners up as Esplandia (Sherwin) and mtboy66. Olivia also wanted to give an honourable mention to Syrixia for his quirky and creative approach to his character.

Writing Competition - Chosen by Lamoni and The Macabees of Greater Deinstad

Lamoni and The Macabees chose Arietti/Ryasta as the winner of the writing competition. They identified that not only was the poetry good but the snippet of world building provided it with great context. They noted Ghant and Kyoki as runner ups for this award.

Arietti/Ryasta win's the following award:

Screen_Shot_2018-06-11_at_11.10.50_PM.png

National Leaders Debate - Chosen by McMasterdonia and Prydania

This was a really tough choice for us. We settled on Sil Dorsett for the clearly powerful debating style demonstrated by his character, followed closely by Wonderess and Kyoki as runner ups.

Sil wins this wonderful award:

20180621_015642_0001.png

The Grand Banquet - Most interesting/entertaining guest - Chosen by McMasterdonia and Prydania

Another tough choice! We settled on Ryasta as the winner of this award for her portrayal of Adelaide as a very unique character at the dinner. Followed by Pax and Sasten as runner ups.

Ryasta wins the following award for display in her signature:

OJHIqzu.png

Thank you all once again and I hope we can do this again soon.

Thanks again to everyone involved in organizing this event as well as our guest speakers. This event was a huge success with a ton of fun had and knowledge exchanged. I hope Greater Dienstad and The North Pacific can put together more events like this in the future!

Also, congratulations to the winners of the various awards!!

mcmasterdonia:
Special mention to Syrixia who played the host of this debate. I will miss the character of Bharti and hope that she may return for future events of international interest. <snip> Olivia also wanted to give an honourable mention to Syrixia for his quirky and creative approach to his character.
Aw, thank you. I had a blast doing this. Pataliputra, the Golden City, is always open for all nations should we decide to do this again! As for Bharti, in canon she's still heading up the hard-hitting SNN News Team! :lol:

Back