Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful.

The North Pacific is one of the oldest and most powerful regions in NationStates. We pride ourselves on our strong democracy, openness, and transparency.

The region is affectionately called TNP. TNP is home to over 4,000 nations, called TNPers, and we are always looking for more to join us. We are glad to see you here and hope you decide become a TNPer yourself!

As a new arrival, you may be bewildered with everything that is going on. We understand, and for this reason, we have prepared this quick introduction to TNP. Unpack your bags, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay :) .

First step: register an account

Please do not register more than one account on the forum. If you are not happy with the account you have created and want to change the name, reach out to an administrator.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. This means that you can only view some of the forum areas, and you cannot participate in any of them. To be able to join in or even see most of the things we will describe below, you will need to register an account. This is a quick and easy process that you can start by clicking here.

Our Government

The North Pacific is a constitutional democracy. We have a constitution, a bill of rights, and a legal code, which you can read here. Our government has four branches:

The Legislature consists of the Regional Assembly (RA), which votes to enact and amend legislation. Discussions in the RA are moderated by the Speaker, who is elected from among the RA members, and their Deputies. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the RA.

The Executive consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, the Cabinet of Ministers, and the Executive Staff. The Delegate and Vice Delegate are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The Ministers are appointed by the Delegate, and each one of them manage their own staff. Together, the Executive runs the day-to-day affairs of the government. Broad areas the Executive is responsible for include home affairs, foreign affairs, World Assembly affairs, communications, culture, and our military. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the Executive Staff and work in one of the Ministries.

The Judiciary consists of a single court, which has two Associate Justices and one Chief Justice. All Justices are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The court can authoritatively answer questions of law, void actions of other officials that have been brought for review, and decide criminal cases. Interacting with the Judiciary is the Attorney General, also elected by the RA, who serves as the chief prosecutor in criminal trials and as legal counsel to the Executive.

The Security Council is generally considered as a separate branch. It is a body of members that monitor the region for security purposes. They help protect the in-game delegacy, help with delegacy transitions during elections, and also provide a mechanism of response in the case of an illegal in-game delegate. They are accountable to the RA.

You can find a list of current government officials here.

Ways to Get Involved

The best way to start getting involved is to apply for citizenship. Citizenship allows you to access all forum areas and join the various government and community activities. The application process should be easy and fast, and the only prerequisite is having a nation in the region. Once you are a citizen, you will also be eligible to vote and be a candidate in elections for the various government offices, such as Delegate and Vice Delegate - there is an election roughly every two months.

If the description of the government has enticed you, you should definitely consider contributing in the various branches! As a citizen, you can take part in the Regional Assembly, where you can legislate and scrutinize the government. You can also apply to join the Executive Staff, and get involved in any Ministry that interests you.

If you would like to poke around the forum and interact with our community before deciding to become a citizen, you should register your residency. Once you do so, you will be able to access most of the areas of this forum and join the various other activities. Here is a sample:

You can participate in our Role Play section, where you can write the story of your nation, interact with your neighbours on The North Pacific map, and join the Democratic Union.

You can drop by our World Assembly section, to discuss resolutions at vote, draft your own resolutions, and determine how our WA Delegate represents us in the World Assembly.

If you want to experience and learn about the military gameplay, one of the most exciting aspects of the game, you can enlist in the North Pacific Army and start serving TNP as a proud soldier!

Questions?

If you have more questions, you can check for answers in the The North Pacific FAQs. The Yellow Pages in particular provide a comprehensive guide to the region in a single thread.

If you cannot find the answer to your questions there, or if you are having any trouble with the forum, you can contact our forum administrators and global moderators here.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Guslantis Flag Convention; Helping Define Postmodern Guslantis
Topic Started: Jun 12 2018, 07:11 AM (185 Views)
Bootsie
Member Avatar

So, the earliest flag I used for Guslantis is this beauty right here:

Posted Image

That was used from 2010-2015, before being redesigned to this:

Posted Image

Now I’m feeling it’s time for another change.

Guslantis has risen from its ashes and is restored, and a new flag would be a perfect way to represent that.

So I’m hosting a convention for those who think they can redo the flag and earn themselves the award for designing Bootsie’s flag. It, of course, will be displayed on the site as my nation’s flag for years to come, until I decide to change it again.

I kinda like the floral designs of Hong Kong and Macau, but it may look weird trying to copy-not-copy them.

I also would like to keep at least the blue and yellow, but I’m not too attached.

And with those super vague requests, let the flag designing begin!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lennart
Member Avatar
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Hi, Bootsie.

I'm going to start with two quick designs I just came up with, I might do some more later.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Let me know if there's any changes or ideas you'd like to see.
Isle of Avalon
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Read our Factbook. Listen to our Anthem.

Syrixia
Member Avatar
Owner of Eras' best navy. It is known.

I love the one on the bottom, Lenny! :D
Posted Image

Quotes About Me
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bootsie
Member Avatar

Lennart
Jun 12 2018, 12:58 PM
Hi, Bootsie.

I'm going to start with two quick designs I just came up with, I might do some more later.

Let me know if there's any changes or ideas you'd like to see.

Syrixia
Jun 12 2018, 01:25 PM
I love the one on the bottom, Lenny! :D

I rarely agree with Syr, but I do like the stripes being separate from the floral star thing. Just to get some variety, can you do one where it’s that floral star thing in the middle with just a white background?
Edited by Bootsie, Jun 12 2018, 03:17 PM.

Andrenne
Member Avatar
Rålte!

Now, I don't know if my flag is as good as Lenny's (and thanks to Pry for the anti-aliasing), but I might as well submit it :D

Variation 1

Variation 2
Edited by Andrenne, Jun 13 2018, 06:20 AM.
Posted Image
Vrömåta Vir Märsk!

The Constitutional Monarchy of Andrenne, lead by the Prime Minister, Olivia Wehrn! Loyal to King Lukas II! God save the King!
(I also own/RP as Skanda!)
My Only two Awards!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Goyanes
Member Avatar
Regional Viking Exporter & Salesman

Andrenne
Jun 13 2018, 06:06 AM
Now, I don't know if my flag is as good as Lenny's (and thanks to Pry for the anti-aliasing), but I might as well submit it :D

Variation 1

Variation 2
I like variation 1. Has a cool look to it. But after all, it is bootsie's decision, not mine.
The Imperial Goyanean Federation / Ascalonian Dominion
Goy (Peter) Sanguine

Attorney General of the North Pacific
Roleplay Conclave Member
The Stortinget
Former Minister (and Deputy Minister) of Culture
Former Member of Communications and World Assembly Affairs
Lieutenant (Retired)
Officer's Test
9/14/2017

Ribbons & Medals
Posted ImagePosted Image

Felis
Member Avatar
The Free City of Kalety

I made an attempt.
Edited by Felis, Jun 13 2018, 03:35 PM.

Lennart
Member Avatar
Victoria Concordia Crescit

A few good designs ITT, I like Andrennes first design but Felis' flower better.

As for my designs:

1st, a simple white flag with emblem.

2nd, white bigger emblem:

3rd, Inverted colours:

4th, added two blue bars.

5th, some yellow into the mix.

I want to keep them simple so the emblem stands out.

Hope you like them, I'll be back here soon, keep the ideas coming!
Edited by Lennart, Jun 18 2018, 08:27 PM.
Isle of Avalon
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Read our Factbook. Listen to our Anthem.

Bootsie
Member Avatar

Lennart
Jun 18 2018, 08:18 PM
A few good designs ITT, I like Andrennes first design but Felis' flower better.

As for my designs:

1st, a simple white flag with emblem.

2nd, white bigger emblem:

3rd, Inverted colours:

4th, added two blue bars.

5th, some yellow into the mix.

I want to keep them simple so the emblem stands out.

Hope you like them, I'll be back here soon, keep the ideas coming!
I really like number three.

Do you think you could try a few where you keep the simplicity of the emblem but try with combinations of the current flag colors? A mix of old and new, if you will.

EDIT: Or if you wanted to even echo the color/design of my first flag, that’d be something cool too. Keep up the good work!
Edited by Bootsie, Jun 22 2018, 03:59 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Role Play · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Bug reportReport a Bug with this site
Theme by tiptopolive