-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Siwale
Discord
siwale
The Security Council has nominated Lord Lore for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for his admission was unanimous, with 7 ayes, 0 nays, 1 abstention, and 0 non-voting members.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion.

I don't have a problem with this, although it seems the SC is getting a bit too big.

I don't buy that the SC can be too big. The more active people we have involved the better.

I fully support Lord Lores admission to the SC.

Answer me these questions three:

What is your name?

Why is the Earth an oblate spheroid?

In your own words, compare and contrast the security paradigms behind the WADP and an endorsement cap.

Going in reverse order from Elu's last question to Artemis' cuz why not?

1.) You have two opposite ideas, with a development program your hope is that you end up spreading the Influence out to a point that a coup would burn itself out through the shear cost of ejections and banjections before it can dismantle the previous government.

On the other hand you have what many regions adopted in a endocap system. Which restricts the spread of influence to a small group which makes it harder for an outside force to come in and dismantle the government.

Funny enough they both achieve the same goal making it harder for an outside force to come in and dismantle the currently standing state. But on the other hand they are both vulnerable to the same thing. An internal faction attempting to coup. Though I would say that in the end the Development Program is less vulnerable because it vastly increases the pool of people that the government in exile can recruit to help. While in an endocap system those who might have wanted to help don't have the influence to do so.

2.) Gravity and Centrifugal Force. Gravity condenses it down into a sphere and the force of the rotating earth slightly flattens it causing a slight bulge at the equator and depression at the poles.

3.) Lord Lore, the Architect of Pandemonium, Demon of the Eras Map, Controller of the Nations of Anhur, Rapallo, Anhur Light, Anhurian Colonial Realm, Andulus, Ertolia, Frances Francis the First of France, Belis, Versutia, Ghost of Versutian Past, Ilian Coalition, The Giving Tree, The One That Lived, and Imperial Sobek.

4.) When it comes down to it, TNP has been my home for the vast majority of my time in NS now. I didn't start here, but I came here after about a 2 years in the UCRs. I just want to help keep it safe in the way I know how.

I am satisfied with Lord Lore, the Architect of Pandemonium, Demon of the Eras Map, Controller of the Nations of Anhur, Rapallo, Anhur Light, Anhurian Colonial Realm, Andulus, Ertolia, Frances Francis the First of France, Belis, Versutia, Ghost of Versutian Past, Ilian Coalition, The Giving Tree, The One That Lived, and Imperial Sobek's three answers to my questions :)

If I may, I would ask the applicant some questions.

Do you consider the present state of disclosure of information from the Security Council to be adequate and would you, if on the Council, support the amendment of the Rules of the Council so as to prescribe a disclosure mechanism? (particularly, though not exclusively, I would like to know whether you consider the present state of disclosure in relation to discussion of applicants to the Council to be appropriate, given the paucity of information that it leaves this Assembly to make its decision with)

What is your view on the exemption from Council nomination which those previously nominated to the Council enjoy? Do you think that the Council should consider revoking any of its previous nominations (that is, are there any previous nominees you specifically think ought to have their nominations revoked and do you think it should generally be part of the practice of the Council to review its previous nominees to discover if any particular nominee ought to have their nominations revoked)?

Do you think that there is some upper-bound on the number of Councillors that there ought to be? Do you think that we may be near that upper-bound at present?

To what extent is the third time the charm?

I have only a couple questions if you may.

Firstly, Do you believe you will be able to log into your nation every 30 to 60 days to avoid CTE?

Secondly, briefly explain, in your own words, why bees can fly despite their small wings and large bodies.

Edit: Fixed Duplication

Lets continue the train of backwards answering: (Tlomz 2 -> 1 -> Zyvet 4 -> 3 -> 2-> 1)

1.) Dr. Who was right, they are aliens.

2.) I have controlled Anhur for 4 years and 300+ Days and it has never CTE. Further more I have controlled Versutia the founder nation of The Versutian Federation for nearly 4 years (3 of which solely by myself) and neither of which I have done using the vacation setting.

3.) Actually this is not the third its the fourth. Fours seem to be my thing. Its my fourth year in TNP, it was my fourth attempt at an election, and this is my fourth attempt at throwing myself at the SC.

4.) I honestly don't see any real reason for any sort of upper limit. As history in TNP has shown its that the SC doesn't stay consistent there are times where 3-4 will just disappear, or will resign. There are members of the SC that aren't as actively involved and others that are here day to day. Wouldn't it be prudent to have a few stored in the closet for a rainy day?

5.) Personally I could see merit in the addition of a timing on nominations that would require the SC to have discussions on applications and to reconsider their stance should they want to rejoin after a certain period. But off the top of my head I can not think of any individual that the SC have approved that would merit a revocation.

6.) Again personally I would not say a disclosure mechanism is not really insane or anything but I have no real strong feelings about it one way or the other. On the other hand in the case of applicants. Creating a procedure for an official statement on what they took into consideration when pushing an applicant forward would probably be the best way to go.

Two questions for you.
1. Was this dress blue and black, or gold and white?

2. Say the del, vice-del, and entire Security council CTEd except you. How would you handle this situation? How quick would your response be?

(I know its unlikely, but he wanted questions)

1.) That is such a broad question it really has no answer. There are so many different factors from if a foreign power is involved at the time, under what circumstance did they leave, how much of the government is still functioning, and etc.

2.) I only see a pair of boots in that picture.

Suppose you could choose one of the following to be the Security Council's motto.

Esto Perpetua
Let it be forever
Novus ordo seclorum
Coup elsewhere
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Who watches the watchmen?

Which would you choose and why?

Eluvatar:
Suppose you could choose one of the following to be the Security Council's motto.

Esto Perpetua
Let it be forever
Novus ordo seclorum
Coup elsewhere
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Who watches the watchmen?

Which would you choose and why?
Let it be forever.

It sounds like one of those famous last word statements right before they start building the guillotine.

Back