Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful.

The North Pacific is one of the oldest and most powerful regions in NationStates. We pride ourselves on our strong democracy, openness, and transparency.

The region is affectionately called TNP. TNP is home to over 4,000 nations, called TNPers, and we are always looking for more to join us. We are glad to see you here and hope you decide become a TNPer yourself!

As a new arrival, you may be bewildered with everything that is going on. We understand, and for this reason, we have prepared this quick introduction to TNP. Unpack your bags, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay :) .

First step: register an account

Please do not register more than one account on the forum. If you are not happy with the account you have created and want to change the name, reach out to an administrator.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. This means that you can only view some of the forum areas, and you cannot participate in any of them. To be able to join in or even see most of the things we will describe below, you will need to register an account. This is a quick and easy process that you can start by clicking here.

Our Government

The North Pacific is a constitutional democracy. We have a constitution, a bill of rights, and a legal code, which you can read here. Our government has four branches:

The Legislature consists of the Regional Assembly (RA), which votes to enact and amend legislation. Discussions in the RA are moderated by the Speaker, who is elected from among the RA members, and their Deputies. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the RA.

The Executive consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, the Cabinet of Ministers, and the Executive Staff. The Delegate and Vice Delegate are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The Ministers are appointed by the Delegate, and each one of them manage their own staff. Together, the Executive runs the day-to-day affairs of the government. Broad areas the Executive is responsible for include home affairs, foreign affairs, World Assembly affairs, communications, culture, and our military. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the Executive Staff and work in one of the Ministries.

The Judiciary consists of a single court, which has two Associate Justices and one Chief Justice. All Justices are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The court can authoritatively answer questions of law, void actions of other officials that have been brought for review, and decide criminal cases. Interacting with the Judiciary is the Attorney General, also elected by the RA, who serves as the chief prosecutor in criminal trials and as legal counsel to the Executive.

The Security Council is generally considered as a separate branch. It is a body of members that monitor the region for security purposes. They help protect the in-game delegacy, help with delegacy transitions during elections, and also provide a mechanism of response in the case of an illegal in-game delegate. They are accountable to the RA.

You can find a list of current government officials here.

Ways to Get Involved

The best way to start getting involved is to apply for citizenship. Citizenship allows you to access all forum areas and join the various government and community activities. The application process should be easy and fast, and the only prerequisite is having a nation in the region. Once you are a citizen, you will also be eligible to vote and be a candidate in elections for the various government offices, such as Delegate and Vice Delegate - there is an election roughly every two months.

If the description of the government has enticed you, you should definitely consider contributing in the various branches! As a citizen, you can take part in the Regional Assembly, where you can legislate and scrutinize the government. You can also apply to join the Executive Staff, and get involved in any Ministry that interests you.

If you would like to poke around the forum and interact with our community before deciding to become a citizen, you should register your residency. Once you do so, you will be able to access most of the areas of this forum and join the various other activities. Here is a sample:

You can participate in our Role Play section, where you can write the story of your nation, interact with your neighbours on The North Pacific map, and join the Democratic Union.

You can drop by our World Assembly section, to discuss resolutions at vote, draft your own resolutions, and determine how our WA Delegate represents us in the World Assembly.

If you want to experience and learn about the military gameplay, one of the most exciting aspects of the game, you can enlist in the North Pacific Army and start serving TNP as a proud soldier!

Questions?

If you have more questions, you can check for answers in the The North Pacific FAQs. The Yellow Pages in particular provide a comprehensive guide to the region in a single thread.

If you cannot find the answer to your questions there, or if you are having any trouble with the forum, you can contact our forum administrators and global moderators here.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Bergum Pact; [Invite Only]
Topic Started: Jan 30 2018, 05:29 AM (798 Views)
Prydania
Member Avatar
a er alltaf slrkt Beaconsvii

Posted Image

THE BERGUM PACT

The Bergum Pact is a mutual defence and economic union created for the preservation of peace, stability, soverignty, and freedom on the continent of Craviter and in the Auburn Isles. The headquarters of the Bergum Pact are located in Bergum, Maloria.

Full Members:
Maloria
Kanada
Norsia
Prydania
Arrandal

President of the Council of the Bergum Pact: Kaizer Alexander IV of Maloria

Constitution
Edited by Prydania, Mar 25 2018, 05:37 AM.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
Awards
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Prydania
Member Avatar

Tobias smiled as he entered the room behind closed doors in Bergum. The handshaking for the press was over with, and now it was time to sign. The heads of state, or their representatives, were present for the signing. Once the Constitution was signed? The Pact could be signed and the Council could meet.

Tobias wasted no time, making his way to the document. He wasted no time, signing it before taking his seat.
Awards

Zyvun
Member Avatar

Alycia followed Tobias into the room with a more subdued expression, sighing with relief as she did. she followed him up to the document and when he had signed and went to to go sit she was already signing it as well in quick but precise strokes.
she set the pen down after a few seconds and took her seat next to Tobias.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nogori
Member Avatar
The Best Gready Capitalist

Alexander IV, the Emperor himself of Maloria had shown up to the signing of the Bergum Pact. Which itself seemed quite odd considering he had stayed out of the public eye recently which let his heir Marten get the spotlight. Most assumed his hiatus of the public was do to his old age and that he couldnt keep the act up any longer but other ideas may have been at play. Either way Alexander followed Alycia and in a swift almost automatic motion he was done writing his signature and took his seat.

Kanada
Member Avatar
Fur der Kaiser

Grace III entered the room last, behind Alexander. A dark purple hat with a blue feather lays over her blonde hair, as the Queen of Kanada shuffles forward towards the constitution. She lifted her pen and wrote her full name in a loopy, large cursive. Grace then moves over to her open seat, and settles down, glancing at each of the other three monarchs.
'For the Empress, and for the Empire!'
[nation]SAA Canada[/nation]
Shiny stuff

"Kanada will remain a place of divided peoples. Mark my words!" -Last Duke of Sundeon, 1816, his last words before execution.

Prydania
Member Avatar

Alexander has a presence about him. A sort of powerful authority he conferred on the room. One that made speaking difficult, out of fear one might inadvertently cut the old lion off.

Tobias began after a few speechless moments.
"We ought to begin" he said firmly.

"The charter our governments agreed to stipulates we are to elect a President for our council from amongst us. Are there any nominations?"
Awards

Zyvun
Member Avatar

Alycia Nodded slightly.

I would Nominate Alexander for the presidency for his experience, on top of that I would like to abstain from being nominated, I admit I am not experienced in this yet, and that my presidency would most likely be ineffective.

Prydania
Member Avatar

Tobias nodded, looking to the old Kaizer.

"I second Queen Alycia's pick, if Your Imperial Majesty would accept."
Awards

Nogori
Member Avatar

I accept my nomination for the Presidency Alexander said in a strong and stern tone loudly as he responded to the young boy king.

Prydania
Member Avatar

Tobias nodded, and looked to Grace, who gave a confirming nod. He then turned to the Kaizer.
"The Presidency appears to be yours, Your Imperial Majesty."
Edited by Prydania, Feb 9 2018, 12:24 AM.
Awards

Nogori
Member Avatar

Alexander proceeded to pull out a couple of papers and looked through them. He did this for several long seconds making the other delegates wait for his response to the Presidency of the Bergum Pact. He shuffled through his papers some more while continuing to take his time as he did so and then finally put them down and put his attention to the monarchs from, Norsia, Prydania, and Kanada.

He looked first at Toby with a stone cold glare. He started to speak in Malorian.Your grace, it seems you have forgotten the proper way to address an Emperor and who holds the title of King. The proper way to address myself would be Your Imperial and Royal Majesty.

However I will forgive you of this small accident as it is only a minor one but an accident nonetheless. He stopped and then proceeded to look at the other monarchs.

My fellow monarchs for too long the people of Arrandal have been ignored by the rest of the world. Nations from Gothis to Iteria, from Icenia and to Mettera have forgotten about them. This is unacceptable.

Our brothers and sisters there have been brutally murdered in the countless conflicts and wars that have been raged in their fatherland. Their daughters and sons have been torn from their parents arms and have been taken to the afterlife. This suffering has not gone unknown by the Malorian people.

We share one heart and one mind and soul. The same blood runs through our veins and our very people have been forged together through the ages. The motto of the Severyns has always been In Honor Bound and by our honor we shall protect you.

The PU time and time again has shown who they stand with. From Syrixia and to the administration of Sil Dorsett over the PU you have been ignored by those you have called allies, by those who you put your faith in but they refuse to return your faith with the aid and help you so desperately have needed. Sil Dorsetts policy in the PU was a disgrace not only to the union but to the whole of Craviter and Collandris. They put the interests of a rogue, aggressive, and disgusting regime above those of your desperate people.

Alexander looked at all of the monarchs once more with what seemed like anger in his eyes. You will not be forgotten by Maloria. You will not be forgotten by the members of this pact.

I remember, the Northeast remembers. So I as President of this Bergum Pact call for a vote for the Kingdom of Arrandal to join this union. Remember the help Maloria has given all of you in your times of need and think about the good all of us united can do. I rest my case, you all my now vote.

Alexander looked around as he waited to see how the rest of them would react.

Zyvun
Member Avatar

Alycia leaned in slightly in her chair still watching Alexander as she spoke out.

"Hear hear!

What is happening in Arrandal is similar to Norsia in good conscience I cannot just stand idly by and allow them to burn. we are brothers and sisters united in the ashes of our nations.

I vote aye!"

Prydania
Member Avatar

Tobias, still blushing a bit from mis-remembering the Kaizer's title, none the less nodded.

"I vote 'aye' as well" he said with a brief nod.
Awards

Kanada
Member Avatar
Fur der Kaiser

Grace quietly nodded and spoke softly, "Like the others, I vote aye."
Shiny stuff

"Kanada will remain a place of divided peoples. Mark my words!" -Last Duke of Sundeon, 1816, his last words before execution.

Nogori
Member Avatar

Good, it seems were all in agreement here. As President of the Bergum Pact I hereby officially send an invitation to the Kingdom of Arrandal. Alexander looked around the once more at the other monarchs waiting to see if they had anything to add.

Since we have nothing more to discuss, I am calling an end to this session of the council. Thank you all for attending.

Esplandia
Member Avatar

Rain poured down outside of the King's office making the room feel gloomy. Jadzia looked at the water washing down the glass and wished for better weather. Especially with the mood in the room.

Gaelen sat near the door, remaining quiet listening without offering his opinion. Every now and then Peter Artois would look at him, hoping to be backed up but Gaelen wasn't willing to step in just yet. Czeslaw Rozalvic ignored the Duke while he argued his position.

It was obvious however the three men disagreed with each other. While the discussion remained civil there was a sense of repressed hostility permeating the room. None of them could agree on the course to follow over the invite to the Bergum Pact.

"The real question here is do we want to be under the thumb of Alexander," Czeslaw argued. "He already has enough power in Arrandal as a Lord Paramount. Anymore and we might as well recognize him as our overlord."

"That's ridiculous," Peter countered. "The Malorians have been nothing but friends to us. Alexander isn't trying to take our sovereignty."

Czeslaw made a clicking sound in disagreement. Jadzia was tired of this whole argument. It had been going on for some time and looked like it would never end.

"You've been quiet, Gaelen," she interrupted before the conversation could continue. "What's your opinion?"

The werewolf looked at the king, and sighed. "We can't ignore this offer," he answered. "The PU might collapse and we need allies. Alexander can be trusted, but he won't be emperor forever and Marten is not his father." He paused for a moment gathering his thoughts. "Accept the offer but tread carefully."

The other two men turned their attention back to the king. "It's a good opportunity," Peter chimed in. Jadzia now looked at the Chancellor, awaiting his final argument.

"This is quite sudden," he said. "The Waiczyn should have a chance to debate this. Foreign relations are a tricky thing, and..."

"And they are my prerogative," Jadzia interrupted. "And I will not delay my decision with even more debate. I know you must represent the interests of the Waiczyn, but I represent the people and must choose our future the best I can. We will accept the offer. I will fly to Bergum and sign the Pact in person."

Jadzia arrived in Bergum to all the pomp and circumstance befitting the arrival of a foreign monarch. Though it all seemed a bit much to her. Her nation was still economically weak and things were far more conservative, meaning low-budget, back home. It was also the first time she had ever left Arrandal. She marveled at how different, how strange things were here in Maloria's capital.

She arrived at the Headquarters for the Bergum Pact, giving a short speech and expressing her gratitude for the invitation, to be a part of such an organization. She then signed the pact, placing her name in fine script, and affixed her seal next to it.

It was done. Arrandal was now a member of the Bergum Pact and its destiny for better or worse was tied to these four northern nations.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Quotes About Me

Prydania
Member Avatar

Tobias had kept quiet as Jadzia pledged her nation to the alliance, clapping politely after the deed was done. It was only after the deed was done that he cautiously approached the King of Arrandal. The king. He needed to remember that particular naming convention in regards to Jadzia. He also steadied himself. What he was about to do was something he had refrained from doing on the world stage. Something he was never truly in a position to do, before now.

"Your Majesty" he said with a smile as he approached Jadzia.
"Thank you for your support. If you wouldn't mind? There's an issues I'd like to discuss with you."
Awards

Esplandia
Member Avatar

Jadzia took a moment to shake hands and thank the other members for inviting Arrandal. It was quite exciting to speak to all the different leaders. She was also keen to notice the different styles the leaders were wearing as she'd never been outside of her nation.

The King of Prydania then approached her, smiling, and started to speak with her. "I'm glad to be a part of the Pact," she answered. "Yes I'd be more than willing to discuss whatever's on your mind."
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Quotes About Me

Prydania
Member Avatar

Tobias nodded with a smile.
"I'm glad to hear that Your Majesty. I think the Pact will do all of us well in providing regional security against our common enemies" he said with a nod.

"I've not remained arrogant of the situation in Arrandal" he continued. "My government recently awarded a number of contracts to the Guslantian tech giant Thomas, to help rebuild our telecommunications infrastructure. I would be happy to pressure the Prydanian branch of Thomas into helping Arrandal" he explained.

"In addition to that? My cabinet and I have decided to make the Royal Prydanian Navy the priority in rebuilding our armed forces. I'm planning on speaking with Queen Alycia of Norsia to see if an integrated naval defence network against threats from the Stan Yera would be something our governments can work on. And I was curious if Arrandal would be interested, as it too is on Craviter's eastern coast."
Awards

Kanada
Member Avatar
Fur der Kaiser

Grace leaned forward in her seat, with her hands laced together. Waiting for a moment after Tobias spoke, she cleared her throat and spoke softly, "I'd say that Kanada would be absolutely supportive of helping Prydania rebuild its navy. With the current political situation around Craviter, we're certain that a strong naval force is needed to protect one's self."

She shifted in her seat, "If possible, sir, we'd definitely be for sending naval officers to advise on the reconstruction of ships and the organization of anything needed. Also, Kanada would also be interested in the selling of older ships, for a lower price, of course, to bolster the Prydanian numbers. Kanada has just finished building another aircraft carrier last weekend, which when accepted into the navy will be our fifth. The oldest one was built in the early 80's and works well for peacetime protection, and occasionally for warfare. Of course, we want the Prydanians to have a thoroughly modern navy, but it is a start."
Shiny stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Negotiations · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Bug reportReport a Bug with this site
Theme by tiptopolive