Pronouns
He/His/Him
TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
5PuBQ6s.png

THE BERGUM PACT

The Bergum Pact is a mutual defence and economic union created for the preservation of peace, stability, soverignty, and freedom on the continent of Craviter and in the Auburn Isles. The headquarters of the Bergum Pact are located in Bergum, Maloria.

Full Members:
Maloria-Kanada
Norsia
Prydania
Arrandal
Cogoria
Korova
The Stan Yera

President of the Council of the Bergum Pact: Empress Alycia I of Norsia

Constitution of the Bergum Pact
Preamble
The Parties to this Pact affirm their desire to live in peace with all peoples and all governments.
They are determined to safeguard the freedom, common heritage and civilization of their peoples, founded on the principles of sovereignty, individual liberty, and the rule of law. They seek to promote stability and well-being on the continent of Craviter.
They are resolved to unite their efforts for collective defence and for the preservation of peace and security. They therefore agree to this Pact, signed in Bergum.

Article 1
The Parties undertake to settle any international dispute in which they may be involved by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security and justice are not endangered, and to refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force.

Article 2
The Parties will contribute toward the further development of peaceful and friendly international relations by strengthening their institutions, by bringing about a better understanding of the principles upon which these institutions are founded, and by promoting conditions of stability and well-being. They will seek to eliminate conflict in their international economic policies and will encourage economic collaboration between any or all of them.

Article 3
In order more effectively to achieve the objectives of this Pact, the Parties, separately and jointly, by means of continuous and effective self-help and mutual aid, will maintain and develop their individual and collective capacity to resist armed attack.

Article 4
The Parties will consult together whenever, in the opinion of any of them, the territorial integrity, political independence or security of any of the Parties is threatened.

Article 5
The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Craviter shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of Craivter.

Article 6
For the purpose of Article 5, an armed attack on one or more of the Parties is deemed to include an armed attack:
-on the territory of any of the Parties in Craviter or on the territory of the Auburn Isles under the sovereignty of the Kingdom of Prydania;
-on the forces, vessels, or aircraft of any of the Parties, when in or over these territories or any other area in the world.

Article 7
Each Party declares that none of the international engagements now in force between it and any other of the Parties or any third State is in conflict with the provisions of this Treaty, and undertakes not to enter into any international engagement in conflict with this Treaty.

Article 8
The Parties hereby establish the Council of the Bergum Pact, on which each of them shall be represented, to consider matters concerning the implementation of this Treaty. The Council shall be so organised as to be able to meet promptly at any time. The Council shall meet in the city of Bergum in the Empire of Maloria and shall be made up of the heads of state of each Party, or their designated representatives. The Council shall be headed by the President of the Bergum Pact, which is to be elected by the council from among the heads of state of every Party every four months. The Council shall work to recommend measures for the implementation of Articles 3 and 5.

Article 9
The Parties may, by unanimous agreement, invite any other state on Craviter or any territory near it in a position to further the principles of this Pact and to contribute to the security of the continent of Craviter to accede to this Treaty. Any State so invited may become a member of the Pact by depositing its instrument of accession with the Council of the Bergum Pact.

Article 10
This Treaty shall be ratified and its provisions carried out by the Parties in accordance with their respective constitutional processes. The Treaty shall enter into force between the States which have ratified it as soon as the ratifications of all founding signatories, including the ratifications of the United Norsian Kingdoms, Kingdom of Kanada, Empire of Maloria, and the Kingdom of Prydania.

Article 11
After the Treaty has been in force the Council of the Bergum Pact may vote on additional articles, with a majority vote needed.

Article 12
All member states, be they founding signatories or invited states, pledge their eternal support to the Bergum Pact in the name of promoting peace and security in Craviter and the Auburn Isles.

Article 13
This Treaty, of which the Malorian, Kanadian, Norsian, Prydanian, and Mercanti texts are equally authentic, shall be deposited in the archives of the Government of the Empire of Maloria. Duly certified copies will be transmitted by that Government to the Governments of other signatories.

Article 14
The flag of the Bergum Pact shall be a red field divided into four quarters by a white cross. Heraldic emblems representing each member state shall be arranged in gold in each of the four quarters. The flag is to be updated upon an ascension of each new member state.

wpDOk7B.png

Article 15
The emblem of the Bergum Pact shall be a roundel version of the above flag, and shall be updated accordingly.

YUpu2eb.png

Article 16- Amendment passed on 1 February 2021
The emblem of the Bergum Pact as a map of Craviter and Collandris on a shield on top of a sword to symbolize common defence. The flag shall be this emblem on a red field.

yFlFbS1.png

5PuBQ6s.png

Ratification
Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the Nations present the 30 Day of January in the Year 2018. In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,

King Tobias III
Kingdom of Prydania

Empress Alycia I
United Norsian Kingdoms

Kaizer Alexander IV
Empire of Maloria

Queen Grace III
Kingdom of Kanada

King Jadzia III
Kingdom of Arrandal

Chairman Catherine Rokotov
First People's Empire of Cogoria

Tiran Arthur Tatarov
Tyranny of Korova

Federal Premier Sfan K'ter
The Stan Yera

Last edited:
Tobias smiled as he entered the room behind closed doors in Bergum. The handshaking for the press was over with, and now it was time to sign. The heads of state, or their representatives, were present for the signing. Once the Constitution was signed? The Pact could be signed and the Council could meet.

Tobias wasted no time, making his way to the document. He wasted no time, signing it before taking his seat.

Alycia followed Tobias into the room with a more subdued expression, sighing with relief as she did. she followed him up to the document and when he had signed and went to to go sit she was already signing it as well in quick but precise strokes.
she set the pen down after a few seconds and took her seat next to Tobias.

Alexander IV, the Emperor himself of Maloria had shown up to the signing of the Bergum Pact. Which itself seemed quite odd considering he had stayed out of the public eye recently which let his heir Marten get the spotlight. Most assumed his hiatus of the public was do to his old age and that he couldn’t keep the act up any longer but other ideas may have been at play. Either way Alexander followed Alycia and in a swift almost automatic motion he was done writing his signature and took his seat.

Grace III entered the room last, behind Alexander. A dark purple hat with a blue feather lays over her dark brown hair, as the Queen of Kanada shuffles forward towards the constitution. She lifted her pen and wrote her full name in a loopy, large cursive. Grace then moves over to her open seat, and settles down, glancing at each of the other three monarchs.

Last edited:
Alexander has a presence about him. A sort of powerful authority he conferred on the room. One that made speaking difficult, out of fear one might inadvertently cut the old lion off.

Tobias began after a few speechless moments.
"We ought to begin" he said firmly.

"The charter our governments agreed to stipulates we are to elect a President for our council from amongst us. Are there any nominations?"

Alycia Nodded slightly.

I would Nominate Alexander for the presidency for his experience, on top of that I would like to abstain from being nominated, I admit I am not experienced in this yet, and that my presidency would most likely be ineffective.

Tobias nodded, looking to the old Kaizer.

"I second Queen Alycia's pick, if Your Imperial Majesty would accept."

“I accept my nomination for the Presidency” Alexander said in a strong and stern tone loudly as he responded to the young boy king.

Tobias nodded, and looked to Grace, who gave a confirming nod. He then turned to the Kaizer.
"The Presidency appears to be yours, Your Imperial Majesty."

Alexander proceeded to pull out a couple of papers and looked through them. He did this for several long seconds making the other delegates wait for his response to the Presidency of the Bergum Pact. He shuffled through his papers some more while continuing to take his time as he did so and then finally put them down and put his attention to the monarchs from, Norsia, Prydania, and Kanada.

He looked first at Toby with a stone cold glare. He started to speak in Malorian.“Your grace, it seems you have forgotten the proper way to address an Emperor and who holds the title of King. The proper way to address myself would be ‘Your Imperial and Royal Majesty.’”

“However I will forgive you of this small accident as it is only a minor one but an accident nonetheless.” He stopped and then proceeded to look at the other monarchs.

“My fellow monarchs for too long the people of Arrandal have been ignored by the rest of the world. Nations from Gothis to Iteria, from Icenia and to Mettera have forgotten about them. This is unacceptable.

Our brothers and sisters there have been brutally murdered in the countless conflicts and wars that have been raged in their fatherland. Their daughters and sons have been torn from their parent’s arms and have been taken to the afterlife. This suffering has not gone unknown by the Malorian people.

We share one heart and one mind and soul. The same blood runs through our veins and our very people have been forged together through the ages. The motto of the Severyns has always been ‘In Honor Bound’ and by our honor we shall protect you.

The PU time and time again has shown who they stand with. From Syrixia and to the administration of Sil Dorsett over the PU you have been ignored by those you have called allies, by those who you put your faith in but they refuse to return your faith with the aid and help you so desperately have needed. Sil Dorsett’s policy in the PU was a disgrace not only to the union but to the whole of Craviter and Collandris. They put the interests of a rogue, aggressive, and disgusting regime above those of your desperate people.”

Alexander looked at all of the monarchs once more with what seemed like anger in his eyes. “You will not be forgotten by Maloria. You will not be forgotten by the members of this pact.

I remember, the Northeast remembers. So I as President of this Bergum Pact call for a vote for the Kingdom of Arrandal to join this union. Remember the help Maloria has given all of you in your times of need and think about the good all of us united can do. I rest my case, you all my now vote.”

Alexander looked around as he waited to see how the rest of them would react.

Alycia leaned in slightly in her chair still watching Alexander as she spoke out.

"Hear hear!

What is happening in Arrandal is similar to Norsia in good conscience I cannot just stand idly by and allow them to burn. we are brothers and sisters united in the ashes of our nations.

I vote aye!"

Tobias, still blushing a bit from mis-remembering the Kaizer's title, none the less nodded.

"I vote 'aye' as well" he said with a brief nod.

Good, it seems we’re all in agreement here. As President of the Bergum Pact I hereby officially send an invitation to the Kingdom of Arrandal.” Alexander looked around the once more at the other monarchs waiting to see if they had anything to add.

“Since we have nothing more to discuss, I am calling an end to this session of the council. Thank you all for attending.”

King Reginold B. Raven:
I as the King of Blavia Do Humbly accept these terms, and will Sign onto the Bergum Pact.

Rain poured down outside of the King's office making the room feel gloomy. Jadzia looked at the water washing down the glass and wished for better weather. Especially with the mood in the room.

Gaelen sat near the door, remaining quiet listening without offering his opinion. Every now and then Peter Artois would look at him, hoping to be backed up but Gaelen wasn't willing to step in just yet. Czeslaw Rozalvic ignored the Duke while he argued his position.

It was obvious however the three men disagreed with each other. While the discussion remained civil there was a sense of repressed hostility permeating the room. None of them could agree on the course to follow over the invite to the Bergum Pact.

"The real question here is do we want to be under the thumb of Alexander," Czeslaw argued. "He already has enough power in Arrandal as a Lord Paramount. Anymore and we might as well recognize him as our overlord."

"That's ridiculous," Peter countered. "The Malorians have been nothing but friends to us. Alexander isn't trying to take our sovereignty."

Czeslaw made a clicking sound in disagreement. Jadzia was tired of this whole argument. It had been going on for some time and looked like it would never end.

"You've been quiet, Gaelen," she interrupted before the conversation could continue. "What's your opinion?"

The werewolf looked at the king, and sighed. "We can't ignore this offer," he answered. "The PU might collapse and we need allies. Alexander can be trusted, but he won't be emperor forever and Marten is not his father." He paused for a moment gathering his thoughts. "Accept the offer but tread carefully."

The other two men turned their attention back to the king. "It's a good opportunity," Peter chimed in. Jadzia now looked at the Chancellor, awaiting his final argument.

"This is quite sudden," he said. "The Waiczyn should have a chance to debate this. Foreign relations are a tricky thing, and..."

"And they are my prerogative," Jadzia interrupted. "And I will not delay my decision with even more debate. I know you must represent the interests of the Waiczyn, but I represent the people and must choose our future the best I can. We will accept the offer. I will fly to Bergum and sign the Pact in person."

Jadzia arrived in Bergum to all the pomp and circumstance befitting the arrival of a foreign monarch. Though it all seemed a bit much to her. Her nation was still economically weak and things were far more conservative, meaning low-budget, back home. It was also the first time she had ever left Arrandal. She marveled at how different, how strange things were here in Maloria's capital.

She arrived at the Headquarters for the Bergum Pact, giving a short speech and expressing her gratitude for the invitation, to be a part of such an organization. She then signed the pact, placing her name in fine script, and affixed her seal next to it.

It was done. Arrandal was now a member of the Bergum Pact and its destiny for better or worse was tied to these four northern nations.

Tobias had kept quiet as Jadzia pledged her nation to the alliance, clapping politely after the deed was done. It was only after the deed was done that he cautiously approached the King of Arrandal. The king. He needed to remember that particular naming convention in regards to Jadzia. He also steadied himself. What he was about to do was something he had refrained from doing on the world stage. Something he was never truly in a position to do, before now.

"Your Majesty" he said with a smile as he approached Jadzia.
"Thank you for your support. If you wouldn't mind? There's an issues I'd like to discuss with you."

Jadzia took a moment to shake hands and thank the other members for inviting Arrandal. It was quite exciting to speak to all the different leaders. She was also keen to notice the different styles the leaders were wearing as she'd never been outside of her nation.

The King of Prydania then approached her, smiling, and started to speak with her. "I'm glad to be a part of the Pact," she answered. "Yes I'd be more than willing to discuss whatever's on your mind."

Tobias nodded with a smile.
"I'm glad to hear that Your Majesty. I think the Pact will do all of us well in providing regional security against our common enemies" he said with a nod.

"I've not remained arrogant of the situation in Arrandal" he continued. "My government recently awarded a number of contracts to the Guslantian tech giant Thomas, to help rebuild our telecommunications infrastructure. I would be happy to pressure the Prydanian branch of Thomas into helping Arrandal" he explained.

"In addition to that? My cabinet and I have decided to make the Royal Prydanian Navy the priority in rebuilding our armed forces. I'm planning on speaking with Queen Alycia of Norsia to see if an integrated naval defence network against threats from the Stan Yera would be something our governments can work on. And I was curious if Arrandal would be interested, as it too is on Craviter's eastern coast."

Grace leaned forward in her seat, with her hands laced together. Waiting for a moment after Tobias spoke, she cleared her throat and spoke softly, "I'd say that Kanada would be absolutely supportive of helping Prydania rebuild its navy. With the current political situation around Craviter, we're certain that a strong naval force is needed to protect one's self."

She shifted in her seat, "If possible, sir, we'd definitely be for sending naval officers to advise on the reconstruction of ships and the organization of anything needed. Also, Kanada would also be interested in the selling of older ships, for a lower price, of course, to bolster the Prydanian numbers. Kanada has just finished building another aircraft carrier last weekend, which when accepted into the navy will be our fifth. The oldest one was built in the early 80's and works well for peacetime protection, and occasionally for warfare. Of course, we want the Prydanians to have a thoroughly modern navy, but it is a start."

Jadzia smiles back at Tobias.
“We should definitely discuss this further. The Kingdom is open to a defense deal, as well as building up both our navies. We can discuss this further when we can bring along our own councils and experts.”

Tobias nodded at Jadzia. "Of course Your Majesty. Our Ministers would have a lot to discuss, of course. I look forward to the negotiations."

He then turned to Grace with a nod. As silly as it was? There was a sense of kinship he felt towards her, being the Queen of the only other Nordic nation in the Bergum Pact. Not to mention the blood spilt by Prydanian and Kanadian comrades during the Fascist War...

"Such an offer would be most appreciated, Your Majesty" he replied pleasantly. "We would be happy to buy your ships and host your officers. Yes, we need a modern navy, but any navy would be preferable to the shambles we have now, if I may be so blunt. We'd be happy to purchase what we can from Kanada, to form the backbone of what we're trying to build."

Alexander watched the rest of the monarchs as they continued talking to each other about the current state of affairs in the Kingdom of Arrandal. Alexander continued to watch and listen to the conversation they were having with one another. As much as he would to continue the discussion there were matters that needed to be attended to and that’s what he was there for.

He walked up the stairs to the President’s Seat that overlooked the rest of the chamber room and took his seat. Alexander preceded to gather the rest of his papers and go over them once more. Then taking a drink of water he took his gavel and struck it thrice on the sound block in a strong and powerful motion letting it echo out for the rest of the attendees to hear.

“As President of the Council I hereby call it into session if the rest of the representatives would like to take to their seats” he said as he waited for them to become seated. When they all were he continued. “The objective I have set out for this session of the council is an invitation to the nation of Darcania from our pact.”

“If anyone has any issues with Darcania joining the pact I wish for them to speak now before I issue the vote and if no one has any concerns then we shall move to the voting period.”

Tobias turned his attention to the Malorian Keizer, and nodded.
"Darcania is a nation of strategic value. They would be a valuable ally. Prydania votes in favour."

An older man with a slightly grown out military cut and an eyepatch over his right eye stood out of the chair Alycia would be sitting in. "In her times of absence, I, Robert Von Ansben. Will be her Liaison to the Bergum Pact and its respective nations." He took in a new breath.

The Darcanians hold a highly strategic position, and have the resources and means to be a benefit not only themselves but to the pact as well. Inviting the Darcanians into our pact will ensure BP dominance in the northern craviter region our protection assured.

On behalf of her Grace, Queen Alycia I vote aye for Darcanian invitation.

As the last cherry on top, Queen Grace spoke simply that she supported the admittance of Darcania.

Alexander looked around at the rest of them and nodded as sign that he voted yes on Darcania’s admittance into the BP as well. “Seeing as we are all in agreement here, as President I officially invite Darcania to join the Bergum Pact.”

“Since we have no more further business to conduct here this session of the council is at an end.” Alexander then took his gavel and struck it thrice once more as a sign of calling the council to an end.

Alycia spoke up to the chamber of her peers and representatives.

"I would like to propose to this pact the idea of the formation of a joint intelligence and anti terror agency or taskforce. this agency would be made with the pooled resources and skilled manpower of all of our nations. its chief and primary goal is to discover, identify and stop threats to the security of the Bergum pact as a whole or its individual members.

They would be our frontline against terrorism and foreign espionage, just like our defense clause is our frontline against foreign invasion."

Tobias nodded.
"Queen Alycia is right. Prydania, Norsia, and Arrandal are all recovering and rebuilding. Pooling our resources on this front would be the most efficient."

He looked around, perhaps a bit nervously, and continued.
"With Kaizer Alexander's abdication he can no longer serve as president of this council. I move that we choose a new president immediately."

Alycia looked around before she spoke up.

"I would nominate myself for the presidency.

I will also take this time to say, with Norsia being in the turmoil it is and currently experiencing constant self evaluation revision and alteration.. Regardless of what identity the government of Norsia may assume this or or in the next, Syndicalist, fascist, democratic and or Theocratic. so long as I draw breath and hold my throne. Norsia will remain loyal and committed to the Bergum Pact. And Norsia will always be a stalwart friend of its fellow member nations.

Consider my words binding this is my decree to the BP."

Tobias smiled, turning to Alycia.
"I support Queen Alycia's candidacy to succeed Keizer Alexander as the President of our council."

Grace nodded to Alycia,
"I will also support Queen Alycia's candidacy. I have to no plans to run for presidency anytime soon."

Jadzia sat up straighter, knowing she needed to speak up next.

“Um, yes. Arrandal will also support Queen—“ she paused for a heartbeat, the word seeming strange to her, “—Alycia for president of the council.”

"I think that carries it Your Gace, and Madam President" he said, smiling at Alycia.

Tobias observed the assembled heads of state.
"I would like to start off be nominating Queen Alycia of Norsia for a second term as President of the Bergum Pact."

Alycia would nod slightly in affirmation. "I would be honored to bring the Bergum Pact through another terms length of peace."

Back