-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Siwale
Discord
siwale
Siwale for Vice Delegate

Hello! My name is [me] and I am running for re-election as Vice Delegate of The North Pacific. It has been an honor to serve TNP in this capacity over the past four months and I look forward to a second term, if elected. My reflections on this past term as well as my plan for the upcoming term can be found in the spoilers below.

The Security Council has grown over these past few months, with 11 current members. While I would like to see some members become more active in SC business and the rest of the TNP community, I am confident that the Security Council is collectively capable of responding quickly and effectively to any regional security concerns.

Seeing the Security Council in action has only boosted my confidence. The event that really sticks out this term was the Delegate unendorsement campaign about a month ago. The Council and I responded to the threat within minutes of the harmful TG going out and were able to control the narrowing endorsement gap between the Delegate and myself. This was done through mass TGs and frequent postings on the RMB, Forum, and Discord to help spread awareness that the original TG was a fraud. This event not only allowed the region to see the Security Council hard at work, but also taught me the value of having a decent sized endorsement gap between the Delegate and the Vice Delegate. I have since increased the endorsement buffer between myself and the Delegate to discourage an event like this from happening again.

It has been a pleasure working with this experienced group of individuals and I look forward to continuing our collaborative efforts in the upcoming term, if elected. I try to include the Security Council in all pertinent decisions and encourage all members of the Council to voice their opinions before any decisions are made. All members of the team have something they can bring to the table and I welcome any and all feedback.

tl;dr: You can count on the Security Council and me to keep TNP safe. We work well together.

The North Pacific has seen a tremendous rise in endorsement counts since September. This can be attributed to the increasing WA population as well as a number of initiatives taken throughout this past term. Through the implementation of a number of different strategies, I was able to see what methods worked better than others for raising endorsement levels.

The biggest event to bolster our endorsement counts collectively as a region was the TNP for #1 event. This event was sponsored by the Ministry of Culture and the Security Council and was a tremendous success. During this event, TNP exchanged over 70,000 more endorsements and became the #1 ranked region in the world for endorsements (even if only for a short period of time). After seeing the success of this event, I would like to organize another endorsement campaign for this upcoming term. This event would mainly focus on raising endorsement counts of the Security Council as opposed to the entire region. The higher the endorsement counts of our Security Councillors, the more secure TNP is from external threats.

Besides TNP for #1, the Security Council and I have been working to increase endorsement counts of all members of the Security Council. This has been through monthly publications of the WADP Awards, endotarting, and manual telegraming. The combination of all three has proven to be quite effective. All members of the SC are back to being over 800 endorsements and the Delegate is up to 1150 endorsements which is a dramatic difference when compared to endo counts from September.

I plan to continue these methods in the next term. I will continue to publish WADP on the last day of every month (as long as there are no technical issues with the spreadsheet) and continue to encourage all members of the Security Council to endotart whenever possible. The only alteration I plan to make involves increasing the frequency of manual TGs I send out. I have found that reaching out to nations individually opens up a valuable line of communication between them and the Vice Delegate. It allows me to address any questions and concerns they may have and encourage them to become a Keeper of the North. A lot of times, nations are unaware of the value of endorsing the Security Council or are unsure of how to endorse. This is an excellent place for the Vice Delegate to step in and help educate these nations.

tl;dr: I plan to keep doing what I have been doing to boost endorsement counts (timely WADP award releases, endotarting, and manual TGs), but with a little more emphasis on individualized TGs and a Security Council endorsement event.

It has always been a priority of mine to process citizenship applications as quickly as possible without jeopardizing accuracy. As a previous Minister of Home Affairs, I know just how vital a quick turnaround time with applications is to member retention on the forums. A quick processing time also gives the Vice Delegate ample amount of time to consult with the Security Council regarding any questionable applications.

This term, I managed to remain on top of citizenship applications by frequently checking the application thread throughout each day. All applications were processed within 24 hours and most a lot sooner than that (some in five minutes or less). For this upcoming term, I do not plan to change my method of approach to these applications and promise to remain on top of them at all times.

tl;dr: I may be a sloth, but I'm actually quite fast when it comes to citizenship checks.

The private section of the Security Council forum is set up this way for a reason. It houses a crucial workroom for the Security Council where sensitive information can be safely exchanged and ideas thoroughly expressed. This forum is filled with not only classified information, but also opinions and statements from Councillors which were never intended to reach the public eye. Security Councillors post in the private areas of the forum with the expectation that these posts will remain private. I respect this privacy and feel the Council operates better when its members are free to post without the potential pressure to censor their thoughts. Therefore, the release of any private threads should only be done with explicit consent from the Security Council.

While the large majority of Security Council threads are not suitable to be publicly release, there are some threads which do not necessarily need to remain hidden. I am currently in the process of sorting through War Room threads to find matters which the Council and I feel are safe to disclose. This term, I have released seven private threads with the Security Council's permission. Upon completion of this project, any additional threads that the Security Council agrees to the release will be moved to the public Security Council Archive.

tl;dr: I will do my best to release private Security Council threads when possible. However, the majority of these threads are not suited for public release.

I am always looking for ways to clarify the laws that encompass regional security. This term, I focused on two changes to the Legal Code: the Citizenship Security Evaluations Amendment and the Security Council Suspensions Amendment (currently in formal debate). I also proposed a new Line of Succession to better reflect activity and experience among Security Council members. While I have no specific plans for legal changes in this upcoming term, I am prepared to propose any changes that I or the Security Council deem necessary.

tl;dr: I'm always on the lookout for new ways to clarify our laws regarding regional security.

Feel free to add this badge to your signature if you support my campaign.

siwale_for_vd.png

Campaign badge designed by abc
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I welcome any and all questions you have!

Sincerely,
g6hwcquidoxgwgjd351j.png

Vice Delegate of The North Pacific

Why would you like to be VD again?

How would you rate your relationship with the SC members?

Would you like to be Delegate one day?

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?

Some would say that your platform is a "do more of the same" platform which indicates a distinct lack of vision for TNP. Others may infer that this means that you view your prior service as perfection incarnate, and criticize you for your lack of modesty. How would you respond?

mcmasterdonia:
Why would you like to be VD again?
The Vice Delegacy is where I feel I can make the greatest impact for this upcoming term. A lot has been accomplished this past term but there is still plenty of work to be done. A second term would allow me to follow through on the projects I have started this term in an effort to strengthen regional security.

mcmasterdonia:
How would you rate your relationship with the SC members?
The Security Council and I get along quite well and we have a good working relationship, in my opinion. I value each and every Councilor’s feedback and try to include them in all steps of the decision making process. We are a team and every member has an important role to play.

mcmasterdonia:
Would you like to be Delegate one day?
Once I have more experience under my belt, I will certainly consider it. But for now, there is still a lot for me to learn before thinking about a run for Delegate. I want to be well prepared before taking on this position in order to best serve TNP.

mcmasterdonia:
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
"My Queen, you are the fairest here so true. But Snow White is a thousand times more beautiful than you."

Mall:
Some would say that your platform is a "do more of the same" platform which indicates a distinct lack of vision for TNP. Others may infer that this means that you view your prior service as perfection incarnate, and criticize you for your lack of modesty. How would you respond?
My platform is centered around continuing and expanding upon what worked well this term. I do not consider this plan to be set in stone and will likely have to fine-tune it as I go based on the feedback I receive. I am always looking for ways to improve on my ideas and this upcoming term will be no different. As for this past term, it was not perfect but I was able to learn from my successes and failures in order to better serve TNP.

In the event that the Delegate is absent, resigns, etc; Why should the citizens of TNP feel assured that you are ready and able to step into the role of Delegate?

Siwale:
Mall:
My platform is centered around continuing and expanding upon what worked well this term. I do not consider this plan to be set in stone and will likely have to fine-tune it as I go based on the feedback I receive. I am always looking for ways to improve on my ideas and this upcoming term will be no different. As for this past term, it was not perfect but I was able to learn from my successes and failures in order to better serve TNP.
What would you define as your largest failure during your VD term?

Artemis:
In the event that the Delegate is absent, resigns, etc; Why should the citizens of TNP feel assured that you are ready and able to step into the role of Delegate?
1. I am an extremely active and involved player. Since I joined the forums a year ago, I have held a number of positions such as Minister of Home Affairs, Election Commissioner, Deputy Speaker, Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, and of course Vice Delegate. Not a day goes by where you can't spot me on the forums, NS, and discord interacting with the community and executing my responsibilities. If the Delegate is absent, resigns, etc; you can count on me to be there doing what needs to be done.
2. TNP is my home. It is the only government I am involved with and where I spend almost all of my time on NS. I am committed to this region and will do what needs to be done to protect and preserve this remarkable community.
3. I wouldn't be acting alone. While I have executive experience and stay up-to-date with happenings in the Delegate's Government, I would have the Security Council as well as members of the Executive to work alongside with as acting Delegate. This would be a team effort.

Mall:
Letting the endorsement gap between myself and the Delegate become so narrow. While an attempt to push the VD to the Delegate seat likely wouldn’t lead to anything more than a temporary gameside Delegate disruption, it doesn’t send a very good message to the rest of the NationStates community. The elected Delegate should be able to maintain their gameside seat uninterrupted for the duration of their term. Luckily, the gameside delegacy was not interrupted this term and I have since widened the endo gap between myself and the Delegate to further prevent this from happening.

Siwale:
Mall:
Letting the endorsement gap between myself and the Delegate become so narrow. While an attempt to push the VD to the Delegate seat likely wouldn’t lead to anything more than a temporary gameside Delegate disruption, it doesn’t send a very good message to the rest of the NationStates community. The elected Delegate should be able to maintain their gameside seat uninterrupted for the duration of their term. Luckily, the gameside delegacy was not interrupted this term and I have since widened the endo gap between myself and the Delegate to further prevent this from happening.
If you promise to coup I will vote for you.

In the past, the WADP Awards announcement was done at random times averaging around 30 days since the last, but not always. Since you've stated that you want to set the awards announcement at the last day of the month, do you feel that it might lead to endotarters not worrying about endotarting until the day before the scheduled announcement? Do you feel the Clout Championship is enough of an incentive to stay on top of endotarting every day? Do you have any ideas on making the Clout Championship more prominent and worthy of pursuing?

Also, do you feel that it is your responsibility as chair of the Security Council to keep an eye on the endorsement levels of those outside of the Security Council? In my own personal analysis there are some that are not part of the SC that have exceeded the endorsement counts of those in the SC, and in one case is currently exceeding the Vice Delegate's Endorsement Minimum in violation of the law. How would you deal with these situations and how would you ensure that the Legal Code is enforced? Why has this not been done already?

when I read TNP dispatches (being a gameside-type, I rarely look at this forum but read TNP's dispatches all the time)

I read on a dispatch that TNP's Endorsement Cap-- Is literally the Vice Delegate's endorsement number.

No, I'm not worried about YOU couping, but I would be worried about a lot of TNP nations getting up to YOUR level of endorsements.

If you want more endorsements, you can campaign for your Delegate to get more endorsements so that you can have more freedom to raise your own.

If I were a Security Councillor in TNP, I'd be so stressed and not get any sleep as I hold Border Control and look at 10000 nations.

But, other than that, I'd recommend a 150 or even 300 gap. I'm actually a Delegate in a different GCR and there's at least a 150-300 gap between myself and my Viziers (not intentionally, I just tart a hell lot, but it's a good system)

At the time I'm writing this post, you are at 1061 endorsements and Pallaith is at 1141. Which is an 80 difference, which is not bad, but kinda risky, especially since Pallaith is not running for a 2nd term and Lord Ravenclaw is at 852 and Gladio at 860. I'm sure you guys will figure it out and regionwide telegrams will fix anything that's broken. Good luck with all that.

Hi Siwale. I’m currently undecided on who to vote for Vice Delegate, so I would like to asked what some main goals that you would like to accomplish as VD and why I should vote for you as VD. Thanks.

Sil Dorsett:
In the past, the WADP Awards announcement was done at random times averaging around 30 days since the last, but not always. Since you've stated that you want to set the awards announcement at the last day of the month, do you feel that it might lead to endotarters not worrying about endotarting until the day before the scheduled announcement?

If the program encourages nations to max out their endorsements at the end of every month, I consider that a success. This method would still generate a large amount of endorsements as well as influence over the following few weeks. Plus, while I have mapped out the day of the release, I have not specified a time. Nations will still need to be on top of their game that day in order to win the top awards.

Sil Dorsett:
Do you feel the Clout Championship is enough of an incentive to stay on top of endotarting every day? Do you have any ideas on making the Clout Championship more prominent and worthy of pursuing?

The Clout Awards are very prestigious to those who understand what clout is a measure of. Since we are a feeder region, many of the newer nations may be unfamiliar with this term. This is a great place for the Vice Delegate to step in and help educate these nations about the importance of clout and why it is the most difficult award to win. All nations who win a Clout Award should be extremely proud of all of the hardwork and dedication they put into endotarting.

Sil Dorsett:
Also, do you feel that it is your responsibility as chair of the Security Council to keep an eye on the endorsement levels of those outside of the Security Council? In my own personal analysis there are some that are not part of the SC that have exceeded the endorsement counts of those in the SC, and in one case is currently exceeding the Vice Delegate's Endorsement Minimum in violation of the law. How would you deal with these situations and how would you ensure that the Legal Code is enforced? Why has this not been done already?

The Security Council, as a whole, is responsible for monitoring endorsement counts in the region and determining an appropriate response to nations that are approaching the criteria of reckless endorsement gathering. The section of the legal code which you are referring to determines when the Delegate is legally allowed to eject nations on the basis of their endorsement levels. It does not require an ejection to occur and it rarely should ever come to that. Opening up a line of communication between the Council and the highly endorsed nations is always the first step. We make them aware of the dangers involved with having such a high endorsement count and encourage them to become involved in our offsite community if they are not already. These conversations are conducted privately which is why it may appear that the Council is not addressing these concerns from the public’s perspective.

Yuno:
when I read TNP dispatches (being a gameside-type, I rarely look at this forum but read TNP's dispatches all the time)

I read on a dispatch that TNP's Endorsement Cap-- Is literally the Vice Delegate's endorsement number.

No, I'm not worried about YOU couping, but I would be worried about a lot of TNP nations getting up to YOUR level of endorsements.

If you want more endorsements, you can campaign for your Delegate to get more endorsements so that you can have more freedom to raise your own.

If I were a Security Councillor in TNP, I'd be so stressed and not get any sleep as I hold Border Control and look at 10000 nations.

But, other than that, I'd recommend a 150 or even 300 gap. I'm actually a Delegate in a different GCR and there's at least a 150-300 gap between myself and my Viziers (not intentionally, I just tart a hell lot, but it's a good system)

At the time I'm writing this post, you are at 1061 endorsements and Pallaith is at 1141. Which is an 80 difference, which is not bad, but kinda risky, especially since Pallaith is not running for a 2nd term and Lord Ravenclaw is at 852 and Gladio at 860. I'm sure you guys will figure it out and regionwide telegrams will fix anything that's broken. Good luck with all that.
As I have mentioned above, I have been working to increase the endorsement gap between myself and the Delegate. Anywhere between a 80-100 difference is a healthy gap, in my opinion. While nations are legally allowed to have an endorsement count of 1 less than the VD, it is highly discouraged. The Security Council is always watching nations that have an endorsement count that exceeds two-thirds of the Vice Delegate's endorsement count, that of multiple Council members, or is otherwise notably high or rapidly growing. If a nation's endorsement gathering comes close to the definition of reckless, we reach out to them.

RKO:
Hi Siwale. I'm currently undecided on who to vote for Vice Delegate, so I would like to asked what some main goals that you would like to accomplish as VD and why I should vote for you as VD. Thanks.
My main goals for the upcoming term involve increasing the endorsement counts of the Delegate and all members of the Security Council, increasing the involvement of members of the Security Council in our community, and keeping the operational aspects of the office moving efficiently.

You should vote for me because I am am an extremely passionate about the office I currently hold and feel that I have a lot to offer TNP by continuing in this capacity.

Back