Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful.

The North Pacific is one of the oldest and most powerful regions in NationStates. We pride ourselves on our strong democracy, openness, and transparency.

The region is affectionately called TNP. TNP is home to over 4,000 nations, called TNPers, and we are always looking for more to join us. We are glad to see you here and hope you decide become a TNPer yourself!

As a new arrival, you may be bewildered with everything that is going on. We understand, and for this reason, we have prepared this quick introduction to TNP. Unpack your bags, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay :) .

First step: register an account

Please do not register more than one account on the forum. If you are not happy with the account you have created and want to change the name, reach out to an administrator.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. This means that you can only view some of the forum areas, and you cannot participate in any of them. To be able to join in or even see most of the things we will describe below, you will need to register an account. This is a quick and easy process that you can start by clicking here.

Our Government

The North Pacific is a constitutional democracy. We have a constitution, a bill of rights, and a legal code, which you can read here. Our government has four branches:

The Legislature consists of the Regional Assembly (RA), which votes to enact and amend legislation. Discussions in the RA are moderated by the Speaker, who is elected from among the RA members, and their Deputies. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the RA.

The Executive consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, the Cabinet of Ministers, and the Executive Staff. The Delegate and Vice Delegate are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The Ministers are appointed by the Delegate, and each one of them manage their own staff. Together, the Executive runs the day-to-day affairs of the government. Broad areas the Executive is responsible for include home affairs, foreign affairs, World Assembly affairs, communications, culture, and our military. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the Executive Staff and work in one of the Ministries.

The Judiciary consists of a single court, which has two Associate Justices and one Chief Justice. All Justices are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The court can authoritatively answer questions of law, void actions of other officials that have been brought for review, and decide criminal cases. Interacting with the Judiciary is the Attorney General, also elected by the RA, who serves as the chief prosecutor in criminal trials and as legal counsel to the Executive.

The Security Council is generally considered as a separate branch. It is a body of members that monitor the region for security purposes. They help protect the in-game delegacy, help with delegacy transitions during elections, and also provide a mechanism of response in the case of an illegal in-game delegate. They are accountable to the RA.

You can find a list of current government officials here.

Ways to Get Involved

The best way to start getting involved is to apply for citizenship. Citizenship allows you to access all forum areas and join the various government and community activities. The application process should be easy and fast, and the only prerequisite is having a nation in the region. Once you are a citizen, you will also be eligible to vote and be a candidate in elections for the various government offices, such as Delegate and Vice Delegate - there is an election roughly every two months.

If the description of the government has enticed you, you should definitely consider contributing in the various branches! As a citizen, you can take part in the Regional Assembly, where you can legislate and scrutinize the government. You can also apply to join the Executive Staff, and get involved in any Ministry that interests you.

If you would like to poke around the forum and interact with our community before deciding to become a citizen, you should register your residency. Once you do so, you will be able to access most of the areas of this forum and join the various other activities. Here is a sample:

You can participate in our Role Play section, where you can write the story of your nation, interact with your neighbours on The North Pacific map, and join the Democratic Union.

You can drop by our World Assembly section, to discuss resolutions at vote, draft your own resolutions, and determine how our WA Delegate represents us in the World Assembly.

If you want to experience and learn about the military gameplay, one of the most exciting aspects of the game, you can enlist in the North Pacific Army and start serving TNP as a proud soldier!

Questions?

If you have more questions, you can check for answers in the The North Pacific FAQs. The Yellow Pages in particular provide a comprehensive guide to the region in a single thread.

If you cannot find the answer to your questions there, or if you are having any trouble with the forum, you can contact our forum administrators and global moderators here.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Happy birthday Nessuno!
Topic Started: Oct 9 2017, 02:40 PM (153 Views)
mcmasterdonia
Member Avatar

Happy birthday Nessuno! wonderful to see you back in TNP old friend <3

Have a :tnprum: on us :D

:mcm2:
Former Government Positions
Awards and Ribbons
A Formal Apology
:lion:
Why People <3 me
The Kingdom of McMasterdonia

Our Factbook | Apply for an Embassy | Our History
Royal McMasterdonian Airlines | Freight McMasterdonia

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

abc
Member Avatar
> $animal = 'dragon of duck';

Happy Birthday Nessuno! :spin: :tnp: :clap: :toast: :worship: :drink: :dance: :band: :w00t: :bar: :birthday:
Deputy Speaker
Deputy Minister of Home Affairs
Former Minister of Home Affairs

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
Credentials
Campaign Buttons
Awards

Flakey
Member Avatar
#1 JAL & Sytarenne Fanboy
happy birthday
Posted Image

Francos Flakey
Francos Spain Knockoff (and Sytarenne Knockoff)

#UnRestrictFlakey2k17

Spoiler: click to toggle

Nessuno
Member Avatar
Friends call me Nessie (Also spies)

mcmasterdonia
Oct 9 2017, 02:40 PM
Happy birthday Nessuno! wonderful to see you back in TNP old friend <3

Have a :tnprum: on us :D

Thanks McM!!!
:rum:
abc
Oct 9 2017, 02:45 PM
Happy Birthday Nessuno! :spin: :tnp: :clap: :toast: :worship: :drink: :dance: :band: :w00t: :bar: :birthday:

Thank you!!!
:cool:
Flakey
Oct 9 2017, 05:12 PM
happy birthday

Thank you!!!
:D
Posted Image
Posted Image

<Alunya (About the new motto "404 Error-Motto Not Founded")>: That should read, "Error 405: End of internet attained". Because, really, once you've visited the Territorio di Nessuno, there is nothing else on the internet to see!!

<Syrixia>: Your country makes my head hurt. :lol:
Posted Image

Siwale
Member Avatar

Happy Birthday!!
Vice DelegatePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Current & Former Positions

Atlae
Member Avatar

Happy Birthday!
"Gloria in Terra"

"The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."

It's really easy to get into TNP's government. All you need is hard work and dedication, though.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAmbassador to Equilism
Ambassador to The Versutian Federation

Deputy Minister of Home Affairs

Posted Image

Kasch

Happy Birthday, Nessie! :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

New Rogernomics
Member Avatar

Happy Birthday! :)
Nation - New Rogernomics | Factbook | Regions: TNP,TSP
Former Delegate of Lazarus | Likes cats and dogs | Loves chocolate

Syrixia
Member Avatar
Destroyer of Worlds

Hap duh berf
Posted Image

Posted Image
Lois S. Sanguine
Member of the North Pacific Election Commission
Matriarch of House Sanguine
Citizen of The North Pacific
Cultural Affairs Staff Member
Former NPA Corporal

Quotes
TNP Zombie Apocalypse Awards

My RP Nations
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nessuno
Member Avatar

Siwale
Oct 10 2017, 01:57 AM
Happy Birthday!!

Thank you Siwale!! :D
Atlae
Oct 10 2017, 02:06 AM
Happy Birthday!

Thank you!! :)
Kasch
Oct 10 2017, 06:35 AM
Happy Birthday, Nessie! :D

Thank you Kash!!!
New Rogernomics
Oct 10 2017, 05:14 PM
Happy Birthday! :)

Thank you! :cool:
Syrixia
Oct 10 2017, 05:50 PM
Hap duh berf

Thank you Syrixia!!! :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

<Alunya (About the new motto "404 Error-Motto Not Founded")>: That should read, "Error 405: End of internet attained". Because, really, once you've visited the Territorio di Nessuno, there is nothing else on the internet to see!!

Posted Image

Scottie
Member Avatar

Happy Belated Birthday
"I got my hands in everything, now they out here tryna get to me
Stop tryna lecture me
You don't compare to my level of thinking, so why do you think you compare to my energy, huh?"
-NF "No Name"

Nessuno
Member Avatar

Hesskin Empire
Oct 11 2017, 02:38 PM
Happy Belated Birthday
Thank you! :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Yrkidding
Member Avatar
Just Kidding.

Nessie! I had no idea! Happy belated birthday!
Edited by Yrkidding, Oct 12 2017, 05:54 AM.
Ravenclaw for Vice-Delegate, Sept. 2016
<Olvern>: Some guy asks some other guy what's his father's name, and he says "laughing".
And then the guy asks what the other guy's mother's name was, and he says "joking".
And so the guy, visibly frustrated, asks "You're kidding, right?"
"Yes, I am!"
Posted Image
Awards
Festival Of Arts Awards

Nessuno
Member Avatar

Yrkidding
Oct 12 2017, 05:54 AM
Nessie! I had no idea! Happy belated birthday!
Don't worry Kidding, thank you! :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Agora · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Bug reportReport a Bug with this site
Theme by tiptopolive