[Complete][SC] Condemn: Reventus Koth

Altmoras

Fastest Man Alive
Category: Condemnation
Nominee: Reventus Koth
Proposed by: The Sygian
Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Observing that Reventus Koth, otherwise referred to as Koth, is a highly feared leader of The Black Hawks, one of the most infamous and successful military organizations in the world that has been condemned twice by SC#52 and SC#217,

Dismayed that Koth was the founder of The Brotherhood of Malice, a raider organization notable for its countless invasions and operations including:

• the destruction and recolonization of Assassins,
  • assisting fellow raider organization Lone Wolves United in the invasion and recolonization of Hogwarts,
  • controlling the delegacy of Osiris and publicly declaring it their protectorate while flying the flag of the Brotherhood of Malice over the region,

Mindful that Koth was a member of The Black Riders, a military previously condemned twice by SC#91 and SC#127, where Koth advanced to the superior officer rank of Colonel,

Abhorred that Koth was awarded the Bronze Star on December 7th, 2012 for meritorious contribution to The Black Riders, and the Silver Star on March 29th, 2014 for their efforts in Operation Typhoon, a cruel and barbarous operation where the Black Riders seized over 60 regions in one night,

Appalled that following the dissolve of the Kemetic Republic of Osiris, Koth, with the help of Cormactopia II and Brotherhood of Malice co-founder Venico, replaced Astarial's interim regime with the Osiris Fraternal Order (OFO), a process that included exiling a number of defender nations from Osiris,

Shocked that the aforementioned actions in Osiris were influenced by the Brotherhood of Malice, and were instrumental in making Osiris the largest raider aligned region that exists today,

Disgusted that on April 18th of 2016, Koth assisted Cormactopia II and Tim Stark in a brutal coup d’etat of the Osiris Fraternal Order that involved banishing the democratically elected delegate. In doing so, Koth created the second iteration of the OFO that continues to serve as the contemporary government,

Acknowledging that Koth enabled Osiris to remain raider aligned and continue their ruthless invasions of innocent regions while serving as Pharaoh of Osiris twice, once under the nation of Detective figs and again under Saq,

Respecting that Koth co-founded the Sekhmet Legion, the operating military of Osiris on September 19, 2013, where they successfully refounded Islamic Republics of Iran,

Further Noting that Koth was appointed to The Council of Hawks, the ruling faction of The Black Hawks, as a Field Marshal on May 8th, 2014 and now serves on the Council as the Technical Wizard where Koth has been conducive to the planning and execution of several offensive operations against innocent, founderless regions,

Disturbed that Koth has greatly contributed to the history of raiding and modern raiding alike, especially by incorporating older raider methods into present-day teaching and operations, and helping the legacy of raiding survive where it continues to serve as a threat to the security and foundation of several regions around the world,

Hereby condemns Reventus Koth

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

[wavote=the_north_pacific,sc]2017_08_15_condemn_reventus_koth[/wavote]
[wavote=world,sc]2017_08_15_condemn_reventus_koth[/wavote]

This resolution against Reventus Koth cites multiple valid reasons that justifies condemning the nation, such as ruthless invasion, deliberate displacement of native nations of a region, and disruption of many communities. Being a leader in a region that has previously been condemned for gratuitous destruction of regions, Reventus Koth shares responsibility, and its misdeeds cannot be ignored.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote for the resolution.

Against. Disregard. going mobile again, Vacation is over.

Elaboration forthcoming.

Elaboration forthcame.

Observing that Reventus Koth, otherwise referred to as Koth, is a highly feared leader of The Black Hawks, one of the most infamous and successful military organizations in the world that has been condemned twice by SC#52 and SC#217,

Okay, that's a decent start. However being an officer in a commended or condemned region isn't grounds for commendation/condemnation on its own. Otherwise Shizensky and Grub would be commended like the regions they founded.

Dismayed that Koth was the founder of The Brotherhood of Malice, a raider organization notable for its countless invasions and operations including:

• the destruction and recolonization of Assassins,
  • assisting fellow raider organization Lone Wolves United in the invasion and recolonization of Hogwarts,
  • controlling the delegacy of Osiris and publicly declaring it their protectorate while flying the flag of the Brotherhood of Malice over the region,

Pretty condemnable, except for the part where Hogwarts is a sleepy little UCR out of invader hands, and that Koth is a highly respected member, former Pharaoh, and root forum administrator of Osiris. Assassins is the only bit that has survived the years.

Mindful that Koth was a member of The Black Riders, a military previously condemned twice by SC#91 and SC#127, where Koth advanced to the superior officer rank of Colonel,

Abhorred that Koth was awarded the Bronze Star on December 7th, 2012 for meritorious contribution to The Black Riders, and the Silver Star on March 29th, 2014 for their efforts in Operation Typhoon, a cruel and barbarous operation where the Black Riders seized over 60 regions in one night,

Okay, straight off the bat I am very much against putting new WA resolutions on the books glorifying the acomplishments of The Black Riders, more than two years after Halcones and Bob Moran were DoS'd for cheating, and over a year after the region itself was obliterated from existence by Mod for even more cheating. Furthermore, 60 hits is not at all impressive anymore, just last year Koth was credited on a Black Hawks op where 121 hits were achieved. Why the author didn't note that far more impressive number from a non disgraced raider org instead I don't know, but the TBR clauses are unnecessary and undesirable in my eyes.

Appalled that following the dissolve of the Kemetic Republic of Osiris, Koth, with the help of Cormactopia II and Brotherhood of Malice co-founder Venico, replaced Astarial's interim regime with the Osiris Fraternal Order (OFO), a process that included exiling a number of defender nations from Osiris,

Is exiling Empire a bad thing? I was under the impression they were viewed as the baddies. Also The OFO is the standing government of Osiris recognized by most every other region, this clause seems like it isn't sure if it wants to commend or condemn the target. There's nothing that indicates reprehensibility in Koth's actions in Osiris except the bit about exiling Empire members and Defenders, which isn't even overly negative. Furthermore given that both Tim Stark and Neo Kervoskia were Pharaohs after the establishment of the OFO the exile bit didn't even last.

Shocked that the aforementioned actions in Osiris were influenced by the Brotherhood of Malice, and were instrumental in making Osiris the largest raider aligned region that exists today,

Okay that's a good clause imo, although depending on your philosophy on raiding you might find nothing wrong with turning Osiris into a raider region.

Disgusted that on April 18th of 2016, Koth assisted Cormactopia II and Tim Stark in a brutal coup d’etat of the Osiris Fraternal Order that involved banishing the democratically elected delegate. In doing so, Koth created the second iteration of the OFO that continues to serve as the contemporary government,

I have to bring the author in here a little, is Sygian, multi time OFO official, and forum admin under Koth really disgusted by the OFO coup? Also OFO 2.0 as I've said before is the recognized government of Osiris like it or not. You can check out our embassy with Osiris if you don't believe me.

Acknowledging that Koth enabled Osiris to remain raider aligned and continue their ruthless invasions of innocent regions while serving as Pharaoh of Osiris twice, once under the nation of Detective figs and again under Saq,

Respecting that Koth co-founded the Sekhmet Legion, the operating military of Osiris on September 19, 2013, where they successfully refounded Islamic Republics of Iran,

Further Noting that Koth was appointed to The Council of Hawks, the ruling faction of The Black Hawks, as a Field Marshal on May 8th, 2014 and now serves on the Council as the Technical Wizard where Koth has been conducive to the planning and execution of several offensive operations against innocent, founderless regions,

Disturbed that Koth has greatly contributed to the history of raiding and modern raiding alike, especially by incorporating older raider methods into present-day teaching and operations, and helping the legacy of raiding survive where it continues to serve as a threat to the security and foundation of several regions around the world,

Not sure why you'd include a region Osiris no longer controls, but other than that if you find raiding condemnable these clauses are pretty condemnable.

I'm not really against condemning Koth in general, a condemn for him has a hell of a lot more merit than "Condemn: Vandoosa". However this particular resolution isn't really doing it for me, almost feels like it can't decide if it wants to be a commendation or a condemnation. Also, I don't care too much about authorship, but Sygian and Koth are very closely allied in both TBH as council members and Osiris as administrators, which makes it very difficult to believe that Sygian is expressing shock or dismay at Koth's actions, which is kind of the point of a condemnation. If you want to pat your buddy on the back for good play you should be commending them, not condemning.

What I'd like to see from a future resolution condemning this nation would be:
  • Little or no focus on The Black Riders, adding more text to the halls of the World Assembly recognizing and glorifying TBR two years after Halcones was DEAT feels like regression to me.
  • More focus on Koth's contributions to The Black Hawks, a region that remains an active and powerful member of the raiding community, unlike BoM and TBR.
  • A reshaping of the Osiris content to something less honoured by the standing government of Osiris.
  • An author less obviously patting Koth on the back by condemning him. Right now Sygian is using his RO nation in The Black Hawks to condemn the RO nation directly to his left. At least use a puppet or something.

Also how does Koth manage to get a condemn before Souls? :P

Present.

While indeed horrible, the Eskosyan Federation has no knowledge of said characters or events and cannot in good consciousness make a recommendation one way or the other.

Altmoras:
I've got a couple more years on the boy :shifty:

In any case, your post is very constructive and raises valid points...which is why I wish you would have raised them in the drafting stage. Maybe we can put my participation in Operation Blackout on my second condemnation... :blush:

Koth:
Altmoras:
I've got a couple more years on the boy :shifty:

In any case, your post is very constructive and raises valid points...which is why I wish you would have raised them in the drafting stage. Maybe we can put my participation in Operation Blackout on my second condemnation... :blush:
I gave Sygian a few suggestions when he linked the draft initially, but I was on vacation for almost the entire duration of the drafting stage. Otherwise I would have given my opinion then.

Oh well, seems you're already a solid pass so it didn't matter too much in the end.

For, because Alt's explanation is terrible.

[border=#090,1,solid][bgcolor=#090]SD:[/bgcolor] Vote invalid. WA nation (Killer Kitty) not in region.[/border]

Abstain.

I am leaning against as this a) reads more like a commendation and b) the target has posted in this to directly respond to comments regarding it. Such comments would have been more appropriate from the author of the proposal.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back