Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
njblUCk.png

wcvimGQ.png

After many hours of deliberation and planning, an idea so ambitious and new was beginning to show itself. This idea then formed into a collaborative effort between eight people - Myself, FrozenTopHat and six others of our selection. They were chosen for a reason, however. That reason being their regular use of the voice chats on Discord, and their presence in the Ministry of Communications. We saw this as an opportunity to give them a larger voice, to spread their words across the region and beyond. We've seen it before in regions like Europeia, where their radio shows bring in a lot of attention and listeners. This had too much potential to let go.

To start off, I'd like to introduce our new team of broadcasters, the voices behind it all!
The team may fluctuate and change depending on various circumstances.

So, how is this all going to work?

Well, every Saturday at around 19:00 GMT, 14:00 EST and 13:00 CT, members of the broadcasting team will begin the show. Each show will contain many different discussion points and topics for the broadcasters to discuss, and will also contain smaller, but no less entertaining segments. The show will always be hosted on Mixlr, a site dedicated to Audio Hosting. If you wish to tune in on Saturday, you can expect the broadcast on FrozenTopHat's Mixlr account.

Broadcast [c] Date [c] Host [c] Discussion Topics [c] Inauguration Broadcast (1) [c] Saturday, 21st of January 2017 (19:00 GMT) [c] FrozenTopHat [c]
  • New Years Resolutions
  • Elections & Cabinet Appointments
  • Dear Yalkan
  • The Future of the NBS
[c] Second Broadcast (2) [c] Saturday, 28th of January 2017 (19:00 GMT) [c] - [c]
  • Security Council Reform Bill
  • Justice and AG Elections
  • NSWF 5
  • NS Plans for February
  • The Northern Light
  • Dear Yalkan
  • Special Feature Dear Abbey
More on this when more information is available.

I'm not positive if this is where I should put this, but here's the latest broadcast as of January 28, 2017

http://mixlr.com/the-north-pacific/showreel/the-north-pacific-on-mixlr-6/

This broadcast featured speakers:
  • Darcania
  • Abbey
  • Bootsie
  • Yalkan (Only on for Dear Yalkan)

The topics discussed were:
  • Security Council Reform Bill
  • Justice and AG Elections
  • NSWF 5
  • NS Plans for February
  • The Northern Light
  • Dear Yalkan
  • Special Feature Dear Abbey

I also tried my best with the audio balance, it was a bit off in the beginning, but I believe it ended up being okay. Until Yalkan joined and ruined EVERYTHING >_> (jk). Any and all advice is greatly appreciated to make the next broadcast even better.

If I could offer some suggestions, it would be cool if you had an easy to access set of links for past shows, possibly in the original post, that way you don't have to hunt around as the programs start to pile up and the thread grows (especially since the source of the show changed from one week to the next). Maybe you could update the table to link to each past show with the summary of its topics.

I too have enjoyed the broadcasts so far, and didn't find the sound to be a huge issue, although I did crank up my master volume quite a bit. Once I did, I heard everyone pretty well.

Pallaith:
If I could offer some suggestions, it would be cool if you had an easy to access set of links for past shows, possibly in the original post, that way you don't have to hunt around as the programs start to pile up and the thread grows (especially since the source of the show changed from one week to the next). Maybe you could update the table to link to each past show with the summary of its topics.

I too have enjoyed the broadcasts so far, and didn't find the sound to be a huge issue, although I did crank up my master volume quite a bit. Once I did, I heard everyone pretty well.
I'll update the table to show all of the links + stuff.

This evening, we will be having a 'Dear Abbey' session at the end of the NBS Broadcast. Any and all questions are welcomed muchly, the sillier the better!

Send them to me either by PM or via Discord abbeym395#1381.

It's cool that you guys are actively doing this sort of thing. If you're willing to accept some criticism, I think you should speak really confidently during your broadcast, and really put yourself in the mindset that you're on a real radio show. It makes for more interesting listening and memorable audio streams!

Over the last few weeks we have been on the back foot slightly, not being able to summon enough broadcasters and everything else, but when activity levels pick back up we should be set to continue.

Back