The Rise of Right-Wing Populism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

TNPer
I plan to do a series on the rise of right-wing populism in Britain, the United States, and the EU. Brexit, Donald Trump, and Marine Le Pen are the most well-known examples. The rise of right-wing populism has occurred in tandem with globalization and economic dislocation of the working class.

The Austrian presidential election is also interesting to note: right-wing candidate Norbert Hofer won the first round in April and very narrowly lost the runoff vote in May. The results of that vote have since been invalidated by the Constitutional Court, and a second runoff election is scheduled to be held in December. Hofer has been one of three joint acting presidents since July, when the term of the previous president expired. Hofer is the most successful right-wing candidate in Austria since World War II.

In the meantime, here is a link to an article that will introduce you to this topic: Don't let Trump fool you: rightwing populism is the new normal.

Yes, I'm wondering why there is such a rise in the right-wing lately throughout the world really.

I'd be interested in an overview of Marine Le Pen and the National Front. As a Commonwealth citizen and being from a parliamentary democracy, French politics is fascinating.

The monist relationship between their national law and wider international law... Their unique take on the usual urban/rural divide: a Paris/rest-of-France divide...

I'm glad to see there is interest in this topic! So far there are 12 votes, and Trump leads narrowly by one vote. I think Marine Le Pen would be an interesting subject to explore, but I plan on doing a study of all three of the aforementioned sub-topics within the framework of right-wing populism. Whichever receives the most votes in the poll will be the first that I introduce.

I'd like you to explain why this poll and discussion is so biased? It is obviously controlled and influenced by the liberal media. Also my microphone is not working properly, why do you think that is? I think it is deliberate.
jk

I want to hear about Marine Le Pen. I am sick of hearing about Mr Tiny Hands.

I wanna hear about Trump-Senpai!

rsz_a4eazumanga_daioh_01_1281.png

Considering the vote has been open for several days, I'm willing to bet everyone that is interested has already voted. To my great relief, Marine Le Pen won by one vote. And in the interest of transparency, I did not vote in my own poll. I think Shinzo Abe would also be a great discussion topic. I will see about exploring the topic of right-wing populism in Japan sometime in the foreseeable future.

Cadmus:
Yes, I'm wondering why there is such a rise in the right-wing lately throughout the world really.
Because the left is coming apart ,around the world,kinda like a sand castle in a thunderstorm.

The left in the UK seems to be bucking the trend seen in the rest of Europe. Any ideas as to why this is?

Because the left is coming apart ,around the world,kinda like a sand castle in a thunderstorm.
Bingo. It's a revolution; a global revolution. The people of the world are tired of farce and lies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back