Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Ministry of Education
Help Desk

Welcome to the North Pacific! Are you new to the region? Is the forum too big and confusing? The Staff at the Ministry of Education are more than happy to help out.

Ask a question here and a member of our staff will be a long as soon as possible to help you.

Don't forget to check out our Frequently Asked Questions forum for further information.

This is completely hypothetical, I assure you. I am simply curious.
What sorts of things can I bring before the court? And where in the courts would I post?
Also, along the same lines, what sorts of things should I bring before the admins? And how would I go about doing this?
Thank you, and I hope I'm not being too vague.

quak1234:
This is completely hypothetical, I assure you. I am simply curious.
What sorts of things can I bring before the court? And where in the courts would I post?
Also, along the same lines, what sorts of things should I bring before the admins? And how would I go about doing this?
Thank you, and I hope I'm not being too vague.

Once upon a time, you could bring just about everything before the court - thankfully that has changed, but I am also a bit rusty on these things. But I'll try to answer them the best that I can. You can bring criminal complaints against users to court, but you must post these in the office of Attorney General, not the court. If the Attorney General believes that the case has merits, they will bring it to the court for trial. If they do not, or are unable to take the case up, they may assign it to a deputy - or the Delegate may appoint a prosecutor, if all that fails, then the complainant may bring the case to court themselves, either by finding an attorney, or by representing the matter themselves. For Criminal Matters you should always post them to the Attorney Generals office first, and then see from there whether or not you need to post it in the court. Hopefully Falap will come by to address this question in more detail.

The other matter is requests for review. These can review the actions of government officials, and the application of the laws of the region. To bring a request for a review you must demonstrate that you have standing in a particular matter. Requests for review should be posted to the Court of the North Pacific directly, not to the Attorney Generals office.

For Admin matters, you should use the report function. This can be used to report posts and to report personal messages. If you believe that the post/message violates the rules of the forum (listed in the links at the top of the page), or if you feel that it violates the terms of service/use for Zetaboards, or that it is otherwise flaming, extremely rude, etc, then you should use the report function. That will bring it to the attention of admins and moderators. If you aren't sure about the post, it is still okay to report it, we will make the final call.

If it relates to other issues such as the violation of non-post/pm related forum rules, you can PM admins directly. The person who has been most responsive to admin requests will likely get you the fastest reply. I hope that helps?

Kaboom:
What's the difference between residents and citizens?
Residents are people who have a nation in the North Pacific, but are not active on the forum. A citizen who does not post within 30 days after their last post loses their citizenship and becomes a resident. Only citizens can vote and see certain areas of the forum.
I think...
I'm just here because I have a question, too.

Did TNP ever have it so that the Delegate was not the head of state, and that the Delegacy and the Head-of-State-Person were two different offices? If so, when and why did the change take place to the current system? If not, why not?

quak1234:
Kaboom:
What's the difference between residents and citizens?
Residents are people who have a nation in the North Pacific, but are not active on the forum. A citizen who does not post within 30 days after their last post loses their citizenship and becomes a resident. Only citizens can vote and see certain areas of the forum.
I think...
I'm just here because I have a question, too.

Did TNP ever have it so that the Delegate was not the head of state, and that the Delegacy and the Head-of-State-Person were two different offices? If so, when and why did the change take place to the current system? If not, why not?

Sorry - I just noticed this question.

Yes, we had a Prime Minister and the Delegate was head of state. I believe this was changed after Delegate Chodean Kal (Dalimbar) went rogue. Many people now believe that it is hard to have a Delegate who has theoretically no government power in game. I wasn't around at the time though, so I can't give you much more details than that.

Forgive me if I overlooked something in the FAQ, but...

Is there a setting page in which I can edit the link to my NationStates nation and edit my personal info? I accidentally made a typo.

Is there a way to delete this account if I ever so choose to?

False alarm: figured it out myself. Thank you!

Why can I not reply to most pages? I am a citizen and member of WA affairs.

Wow, legit right as I posted that I got a notification saying my membership for the WAA had been updated earlier.

Possibly this:
Whenever I try to validate my account, it just says:

invalid request
Error code: 220312142228
If I recall correctly, your account is automatically validated after you post five times somewhere. Your post count currently shows as 2, so you need to post three more times to be validated. If you're trying to validate your account manually (not sure how you're doing that though), this is probably why, as this forum doesn't seem to have a manual validation system actually set up. Because of that, it's throwing up the error because you're trying to get the system to do something it isn't programmed to do.

At least I think that's what's happening. Maybe someone with more technical knowledge of this forum's systems can comment on this.

So im kinda new on the forum, and i have no REAL idea what to do here except look at other posts.

Just like the introduction the forum is too big and confusing for me. :pinch:

Could i have any clue as to what to do after introducement and appliance for citizenship?

Hello, new member here. I'm still working my way around (there's a lot of stuff here), so can you give me a basic overview of what every section on the forum is for? And what are the pinned topics in this category for?

Thank you :)

f1since08:
Hello, new member here. I'm still working my way around (there's a lot of stuff here), so can you give me a basic overview of what every section on the forum is for? And what are the pinned topics in this category for?

Sure!
The Docks - Where everyone goes to apply for stuff. Citizenship, residency, foreign envoy-ship, and positions in the executive staff and military. It's also where new nations introduce themselves.
The North Pacific University - Where we meet to discuss things that concern us in real life, or to learn and discuss in general.
Out of Character - Where people go to play "spam games", write blogs about themselves, and talk about real life in a more relaxed manner.
Role Play - Where the role play happens! People go here to create stories about the nations of the North Pacific and their various interactions with one another.
The Agora - This is where elections happen, and where we discuss things that are generally related to NationStates.
Regional Assembly - Where we debate and vote on legislation. We also sometimes hold more private discussions in the "Private Halls".
Delegate's Government - Where the executive branch of our government operates. Not much more to say, but plenty goes on here that you should check out.
Security Council - Where our Security Council meets and operates. Security Councilors are elected by the Council and the Regional Assembly, and hold high endorsement counts in-game so that they can protect the region against invaders.
Court of The North Pacific - Where the courts are, along with the Attorney General's office.
Embassy Row - Where embassies from other regions are located.
World Assembly Legislative League - Where World Assembly proposals are drafted and edited.
Forum Operations - Things relating to the technical workings of the Forum.
Archives - Where older posts and threads are sent when they are no longer in use.

The pinned topics in the docks are pretty basic, mostly just for applying for different things as I said above. However, there's also this education help desk where you get help being educated, and the "Citizenship and Residency Updates". You post there if you want to change what nation of yours is considered your main TNP nation. If your main nation leaves the region, you lose citizenship.

Hope that helps!

quak1234:
f1since08:

Sure!
The Docks - Where everyone goes to apply for stuff. Citizenship, residency, foreign envoy-ship, and positions in the executive staff and military. It's also where new nations introduce themselves.
The North Pacific University - Where we meet to discuss things that concern us in real life, or to learn and discuss in general.
Out of Character - Where people go to play "spam games", write blogs about themselves, and talk about real life in a more relaxed manner.
Role Play - Where the role play happens! People go here to create stories about the nations of the North Pacific and their various interactions with one another.
The Agora - This is where elections happen, and where we discuss things that are generally related to NationStates.
Regional Assembly - Where we debate and vote on legislation. We also sometimes hold more private discussions in the "Private Halls".
Delegate's Government - Where the executive branch of our government operates. Not much more to say, but plenty goes on here that you should check out.
Security Council - Where our Security Council meets and operates. Security Councilors are elected by the Council and the Regional Assembly, and hold high endorsement counts in-game so that they can protect the region against invaders.
Court of The North Pacific - Where the courts are, along with the Attorney General's office.
Embassy Row - Where embassies from other regions are located.
World Assembly Legislative League - Where World Assembly proposals are drafted and edited.
Forum Operations - Things relating to the technical workings of the Forum.
Archives - Where older posts and threads are sent when they are no longer in use.

The pinned topics in the docks are pretty basic, mostly just for applying for different things as I said above. However, there's also this education help desk where you get help being educated, and the "Citizenship and Residency Updates". You post there if you want to change what nation of yours is considered your main TNP nation. If your main nation leaves the region, you lose citizenship.

Hope that helps!
Thanks that is really useful. I have another question. I've been here for a few days now and still haven't figured it out, how do I endorse people/nations?

quak1234:
To endorse other nations, and in turn be endorsed, your nation will have to join the World Assembly. You can apply here at the top of the World Assembly Page: http://www.nationstates.net/page=un<br />Once you're in, you'll also be able to vote here on the forum to tell the Delegate how you want them to vote on World Assembly proposals: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/39609/ (Though there aren't any votes ongoing at the moment.)<br />Have fun!
Thank you!

My question is that I always visit a lot of forum but yours is very different, the different is how do you create that news box, its really amazing cos have never see such things before. I would be glad if you could learn me that cos I love it and other regions forum doesn't have that.

What is the differences between Members, Citizens, Residents etc? Is there any post that I can read?

I don't know if there are any official posts about that lying around. However, it's fairly simple. I believe, Members can only post in the Docks section, Residents can post most other places, but cannot vote or be in the government, and Citizens can post everywhere and see most things and run for and hold all offices. I'm not sure what the difference is between Validating and Members. Then there are lots of other less common masking which I'm not sure of the specifics on, like Foreign Envoys, Ministers, Deputy Speakers, and so on. Actually, now that I think about it, it would be nice to have a post somewhere that outlined what all of the maskings are and what they do. But all you really need to know is that Citizenship allows the most access over Members and Residents, so that's the one you'll want to get. (And you've already applied, so good job!)

quak1234:
I don't know if there are any official posts about that lying around. However, it's fairly simple. I believe, Members can only post in the Docks section, Residents can post most other places, but cannot vote or be in the government, and Citizens can post everywhere and see most things and run for and hold all offices. I'm not sure what the difference is between Validating and Members. Then there are lots of other less common masking which I'm not sure of the specifics on, like Foreign Envoys, Ministers, Deputy Speakers, and so on. Actually, now that I think about it, it would be nice to have a post somewhere that outlined what all of the maskings are and what they do. But all you really need to know is that Citizenship allows the most access over Members and Residents, so that's the one you'll want to get. (And you've already applied, so good job!)
Thanks for the explanation, make sense :) yes I agreed with you, good to have those kind of posting for newbie like me :)

How does the embassy system work. I have seen on the region page about embassy's being withdrawn or constructed what does this mean and what do they do. I get there being build or abolithsed but why I'm rambling a bit but I'm confused. Also as a new nation is there anything else I need to know.

Doyleada:
How does the embassy system work. I have seen on the region page about embassy's being withdrawn or constructed what does this mean and what do they do. I get there being build or abolithsed but why I'm rambling a bit but I'm confused. Also as a new nation is there anything else I need to know.
I don't know if anyone knowledgeable is going to answer this question, so I'm going to try...
Embassies just sort of show the world which regions we're particularly friendly with. The only practical application of them that I know of is that, depending on whether the Delegate allows it or not, people in regions that have embassies with each other can post on each other's Regional Message Boards. If I recall correctly, the embassies you saw being built and closed were with Warzone regions, yes? The six Warzone regions simply serve the purpose of being regions that other regions can conquer without really hurting any "real" regions, since the Warzones don't really have established communities or anything. I believe that those embassies were built when we conquered those Warzone regions, and closed when we lost control / left. Oops. I rambled.
As for anything else you need to know, you've already applied for citizenship and joined the World Assembly, so you're doing fine.

quak1234:
I don't know if anyone knowledgeable is going to answer this question, so I'm going to try...
Embassies just sort of show the world which regions we're particularly friendly with. The only practical application of them that I know of is that, depending on whether the Delegate allows it or not, people in regions that have embassies with each other can post on each other's Regional Message Boards. If I recall correctly, the embassies you saw being built and closed were with Warzone regions, yes? The six Warzone regions simply serve the purpose of being regions that other regions can conquer without really hurting any "real" regions, since the Warzones don't really have established communities or anything. I believe that those embassies were built when we conquered those Warzone regions, and closed when we lost control / left. Oops. I rambled.
As for anything else you need to know, you've already applied for citizenship and joined the World Assembly, so you're doing fine. [/quote]
Thank you for the information I think I understand it now. I don't think it I did this quote thing right so sorry if it's messed up.

Hi all, I'm totally new to the NationStates, but not new to alliance/strategy games (I used to be a big KOC and AOE player).

I've applied for the World Assembly, waiting to hear back.

I've seen that many nations speak of 'raiding' other nations/regions. Where and how does this take place? Browsing over various nations it seems that there are many aggressive nations out there - I definitely want to be involved in defending good nations from that.

Thanks guys

- InocanWarrior (United States of Algonquian)

InocanWarrior:
Hi all, I'm totally new to the NationStates, but not new to alliance/strategy games (I used to be a big KOC and AOE player).

I've applied for the World Assembly, waiting to hear back.

I've seen that many nations speak of 'raiding' other nations/regions. Where and how does this take place? Browsing over various nations it seems that there are many aggressive nations out there - I definitely want to be involved in defending good nations from that.

Thanks guys

- InocanWarrior (United States of Algonquian)
Ok, so applying for WA is a great first step.

In terms of raiding some things you need to know are:
-Most regions have an army of some kind
-WA delegate is determined by number of endorsements (Ravenclaw is safe here thanks to the Security council)
-Raiding is when an army all move to another region and mass endorse one person allowing them to take control.

I have personally never taken part in this so someone in the NPA (North pacific army) may correct any errors.

For another kind of combat there is RP combat where in the Nationstates forums someone will post information about a civil or international war and allow nations to participate in said war. This relies completely on good sportsmanship so even the aggressive nations play fair.

I am an official regional mentor so feel free to ask me any question no matter how big or small. You can PM me on the forums or TG (telegram) me in game

Back