Oh, NO! Someone passed a law against Silly String!

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
A beer out the nose moment:

11t3g4o.jpg

To quote John Green, "I don't know why I love that, but I know I want it as a shirt."

WHEREAS, Silly String and Silly String cans cause a safety hazard in that they
may cause pedestrians and police officers on horseback or motorcycles to slip and fall;
Don't trip Romanoffia, SS!

SillyString:
I am "illegal"? OH NO. WHATEVER WILL I DO.

Look at the bright side, you're only illegal for 36 hours of the entire year! :lol:

plembobria:
WHEREAS, Silly String and Silly String cans cause a safety hazard in that they
may cause pedestrians and police officers on horseback or motorcycles to slip and fall;
Don't trip Romanoffia, SS!

Funny you should mention the mounted police thing - one of the things that some mounted police units train their horses to ignore is Silly String attacks (no kidding).

It was actually a problem with the "Stop the City" protest in London in 1984:

At a certain point, hundreds of police reinforcements, including some on horseback, arrived and surrounded the epicenter of the activity and started squeezing about 3000 of us into a pedestrian area near the Stock Exchange. Several military trucks blocked the streets completely. I got stuck in that maneuver and had to stay there for several hours. The tactic the cops used to neutralize and disperse the rioters was pretty clever, or at least it worked: The street grid made it easy for them to herd perhaps as many as 25% of the protesters into this cordoned-off area which they surrounded with metal fences and a line of Old Bill standing shoulder to shoulder staring defiantly into the protester’s eyes as they moved them tighter and tighter together. Several people on my side of the barricades covered the police officers and their horses with “Silly String.” (There was a LOT of “Silly String” around that day). After five or six hours, everyone who had been squeezed into that spot really had to pee.

I occasionally teach mounted self-defence and police equitation and ironically, I have found that horses are generally unphased by Silly String attacks. Actually, the horse's appeared to be rather amused by Silly String, or, at least, extremely puzzled by it, and then annoyed by it once they find it is harmless. :lol:

SillyString:
Romanoffia:
SillyString:
I am "illegal"? OH NO. WHATEVER WILL I DO.

Look at the bright side, you're only illegal for 36 hours of the entire year! :lol:
No, no - I am "illegal"! Mind the scare quotes - I think they're intended to be scary! :bat:
You should have used double ""scare quotes"" and put Poltsaama to shame!! :lol:

Back