Education Announcement

Malvad

TNPer
Ministry of Education

Greetings esteemed members of The North Pacific. After much planning I am proud to announce that we will be starting the programs we promised at the beginning of the term. As promised we will begin classes and a much anticipated lecture series. A quick breakdown of what we currently have planned:

Classes

United States Foreign Policy
Professor Funkadelia will be starting a class within the next week or two on the history of United States foreign policy. Please contact Funkadelia or myself if interested.

Legislation Classes
Speaker Bootsie, as promised under her speaker campaign, will be starting legislation and debate classes in two weeks. Bootsie is currently looking for assistants with experience in legislation writing. Please contact Bootsie or myself if you are interested.

History, Politics and Current Events
Minister Malvad (that's me!) will be reviving the Today in History thread to give everyone their daily dose of history. A class on current events and their relation to the past will also be taught, beginning in two weeks. In conjunction with this, Malvad will be starting a Leader of the Week class, focusing on an important world leader each week. Please contact the Minister if interested.

Lectures

Our first lecture in the lecture series will be given by Eluvatar. The lecture will be given over IRC on Sunday March 8th at 2100 EDT. The audience will be invited to ask questions after the lecture. We look forward to a large audience.

The Education Ministry will continue to develop more classes and invite more lecturers. We hope to see great participation and look forward to a successful university.

This is so exciting! Luckily, I will be able to attend Eluvatar's lecture.

Looking forward to it,

~ Tomb

will there be a transcript of the lecture provided after? For those who are interested in reading it, but due to RL matters (work) may or may not be able to attend live?

Quick update everyone!

Eluvatar's lecture will be held on the channel #tnplecturehall and not #tnp.

Elu has not said what topic, so it's a surprise! And it is not too late to teach a class. You can join the education staff and become a professor.

Escade:
I'm interested in the legislation classes! :) Also are the history classes for RL or for NS?
Hello Escade! Thank you for your interest. Currently, there is a new Minister of Education (who just took office today, actually.) In the next couple of days, Minister Sauce and I will work to try and hold a couple of lectures next weekend.

As for the history classes, they are for RL if my understanding of it is correct. But NS history classes are also appreciated.

~ Tomb

Back