ARCHIVED: Interested in applying? READ HERE!

Hello and thank you for your interest in the Democratic Union! We are a collection of democratic leaning nations interested in upholding the greater good of the North Pacific. We have attractive trade benefits, as well as a great Collective Defense Agreement.

First, please read Articles I and II of our constitution:

Section I
Membership

Membership in this alliance shall be split into two categories: Full Membership and Observer State. A Full Member is entitled to all processes within the Democratic Union. An Observer State is entitled to be represented within the Democratic Union but is not privy to voting or running for positions of power within the Democratic Union. If a Member State of the Democratic Union is expelled they retain the option to shift their status to that of an Observer.

Sub-Section I
Membership Requirements

To gain membership status in the Democratic Union, prospective members have to meet the following criteria: they must have a stated ambition to further the cause of the Democratic Union, they must fill out a standardized application set by the Office of the Chairperson, their representative must take an “Oath of Membership” on their behalf, they must gain the sponsorship of 40% of the Democratic Council, and finally approval from the Chairperson or 75% sponsorship.

Here's our oath of membership:

I, (Head of State and/or Head of Government) swear to promote the ideals of peace, freedom and progress among the other nations of the North Pacific and beyond. By joining the Democratic Union, I/we understand our role to the region, and will act in such a way that will only benefit its future. I/We vow to stomp out the seeds of evil that only serve to restrict the values that the North Pacific treasures, and will weed out these seed in the hope that one day our proud virtues can grow prosperously.

Sincerely,
[Name(s), Position of Power(s)]

In your application, please provide basic national statistics, including your nation's long hand and shorthand name. Please also provide the name(s) of your head of state/government. Finally, we would really love to see a map of your nation on the Official map, so make sure to get a claim in there too! Once you have all that, and you're ready to make your application, create a thread in This Subforum with the title "[NATION'S] Application". Member nations will sign off on your nation (or maybe state their objection, who knows?). Once you've reached the appropriate threshold, the Chairman will sign off on you, and you'll be a member of the greatest multi national organization in the North Pacific!

I, Johnathan Gallick swear to promote the ideals of peace, freedom and progress among the other nations of the North Pacific and beyond. By joining the Democratic Union, I/we understand our role to the region, and will act in such a way that will only benefit its future. I/We vow to stomp out the seeds of evil that only serve to restrict the values that the North Pacific treasures, and will weed out these seed in the hope that one day our proud virtues can grow prosperously.

Sincerely,
Johnathan Gallick, President of The United Federation of Alamo

mralexgamingstrategy:
I, Johnathan Gallick swear to promote the ideals of peace, freedom and progress among the other nations of the North Pacific and beyond. By joining the Democratic Union, I/we understand our role to the region, and will act in such a way that will only benefit its future. I/We vow to stomp out the seeds of evil that only serve to restrict the values that the North Pacific treasures, and will weed out these seed in the hope that one day our proud virtues can grow prosperously.

Sincerely,
Johnathan Gallick, President of The United Federation of Alamo
You clearly didn't read the whole page. You may wanna read the last paragraph again.

I, Queen Elizabeth the Fourth, swear to promote the ideals of peace, freedom and progress among the other nations of the North Pacific and beyond. By joining the Democratic Union, I understand our role to the region, and will act in such a way that will only benefit its future. I vow to stomp out the seeds of evil that only serve to restrict the values that the North Pacific treasures, and will weed out these seed in the hope that one day our proud virtues can grow prosperously.

Sincerely,
Her Imperial and Most Gracious Majesty,
Queen Elizabeth the Fourth

Back