[Draft] Repeal "Commend Westwind"

Cormac

TNPer
TNP Nation
Cormactopia III
Discord
Cormac#0804
Repeal "Commend Westwind"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal | Resolution: SC#168 | Proposed by: Cormac Stark

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #168: Commend Westwind shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council:

Recognizing many of the early achievements of Westwind as articulated by SC#168 as positive contributions to interregional peace and goodwill, but further recognizing that Westwind's recent history is more complex and troubling than described by SC#168;

Lamenting that Westwind, overseeing the nation Lewis and Clark, once perpetrated its own more than two month long coup d'etat -- the Crimson Order -- against the legitimate government of The North Pacific, in which nations were ejected en masse for supporting the constitutional government by endorsing Great Bights Mum, or for the mere free exchange of endorsements posing no immediate threat to the Crimson Order;

Denouncing Westwind for leading the invasion and disruption of regional communities through command of the Westwind Flying Circus (WFC), a legally established paramilitary organization operating out of Equilism;

Noting with dismay that the WFC became a source of controversy and conflict within Equilism when the WFC supported a coup d'etat by Milograd against the Coalition of The South Pacific, a coup opposed by Equilism and many of its allies, which saw thousands of nations ruthlessly and unjustly purged from the region;

Reflecting with disapproval that Westwind has supported other coups d'etat in other prominent regions, on the grounds that the Delegate of a region maintains authority over that region without regard for democratic election or the rule of law, and that the experiences of these regions does not match Westwind's earlier defense of such communities or the favorable experience of The West Pacific under Westwind's leadership;

Repudiating the sinister, utilitarian notion advanced by Westwind that the subversion, invasion, and disruption of sovereign regional communities and their right to self-determination can be justified for the sake of increasing regional or interregional activity;

Determining that these deeply troubling aggressive incidents in the history of Westwind, for which the leadership of Westwind has expressed no remorse, are sufficient to deny that nation commendation by the nations and regions of the world, acting through this institution:

Hereby Repeals SC#168: Commend Westwind.

Co-authored by Zemnaya Svoboda.

Suggestions are welcome!

Citations

19 October 2008: E-Army Policy statement - The Post-Defender Age (Off-site)
10 February 2008: My loyalty to the Crimson Order and the North (Off-site)
17 March 2008: Secret Files of the Crimson Order Released (Off-site)
29 April 2008: Lewis and Clark Retires (Off-site)
25 April 2013: Formal Complaint (Off-site)

Full support.

I did not know Westwind committed that many NS crimes; I thought it was just the TNP thing. I feel ashamed I voted to commend him.

I still owe Cormac a post in that thread confirming my support and linking to some relevant info from this board.

It's on my list of things for this afternoon, I guess.

Thank you to everyone who has expressed support thus far! Citations have been added, per Eluvatar's very sensible suggestion.

While I appreciate the support, I've decided to indefinitely shelve this.

To be blunt, it's difficult to justify repealing any other commendation if Evil Wolf is going to be commended. At that point, virtually everyone in NationStates deserves to be commended, and Westwind has done a lot less bad and a lot more good than Evil Wolf has done.

Back