Member title complaint

Haha funny. Not. Which Moderator edited my line under my avatar from "oligarchy non-approved" to oligarchy wannabe? I know it wasnt me. And in jest or not. Im not sure if thats a proper slope someone on the moderation team wants to go down editing other users profiles...

Edit: For the record I have changed it back and took a screen shot of it saying "wannabe"

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Haha funny. Not. Which Moderator edited my line under my avatar from "oligarchy non-approved" to oligarchy wannabe? I know it wasnt me. And in jest or not. Im not sure if thats a proper slope someone on the moderation team wants to go down editing other users profiles...

Edit: For the record I have changed it back and took a screen shot of it saying "wannabe"

I would have started a new topic for this.

I will speak to the moderator in question.

I thought about it. But then I figured I would be told admin/mod requests would have sufficed. I didnt want to make a big deal about it. So I just posted it in here. But thx for taking it seriously.

I'm sure it was just a joke. My advice would be to not take it so seriously, I'm sure it was just a bit of harmless fun.

In honesty, I think they were doing you a favour. I would have suggested you send them a thank you note. "oligarchy wannabe" is at least funny, unlike the boring old "oligarchy non-approved" nonsense that simply confuses new members and causes them to make worrisome false accusations when running for elected office.

mcmasterdonia:
I'm sure it was just a joke. My advice would be to not take it so seriously, I'm sure it was just a bit of harmless fun.

In honesty, I think they were doing you a favour. I would have suggested you send them a thank you note. "oligarchy wannabe" is at least funny, unlike the boring old "oligarchy non-approved" nonsense that simply confuses new members and causes them to make worrisome false accusations when running for elected office.
I am sure it was a joke. As I said I am not too terribly bent up about it. However I brought it to admin attention for fear of how that may come across and be recieved in the community.

From my original post:
And in jest or not. Im not sure if thats a proper slope someone on the moderation team wants to go down editing other users profiles...

I am sure it was a joke, and I am not too broken up or offended by it, but as I said, I am sure the Administrators of this site probably don't want a slipperly slope of moderators making a habit of editing users profiles in such a manner. So I was just letting the Admin team be aware. Is all.

falapatorius:
McMasterdonia:
I'm sure it was just a joke.
Joke or not, I would consider it an abuse of admin privileges. You should know better than to minimize it. :eyebrow:

I am entitled to express my opinion and to share said opinion. I've had it done to me before and I had no issue with it. But I realise that people have strong opinions on the subject so I will drop the subject and it will not happen again.

Edit: Split this from admin requests.

I agree with falapatorius. When I saw that PWL's had been changed, I went and checked my own. I don't want to worry about my user profile fields being changed by admins and mods who are here to support the community. I don't think PWL is overreacting in the slightest. In his position, I would probably be less reserved than he is being.

McMasterdonia:
I am entitled to express my opinion and to share said opinion.
As a member, yes. But from an admin standpoint, you know full well PWL42's sig didn't violate any forum rules. Given FEC's amusement/lack of remorse over the matter, that should at least get the admin team's attention. In other forums, this would be grounds for warning/suspension/dismissal. Not here though. :eyeroll:

I highly doubt that we will remove Former English Colony over this incident and I seriously doubt that this would happen on other major forums either. I believe it was a mistake and that she did not intend to abuse her power. I'm also sure that she hasn't been around as much to view what has been said here.

I'm not sure what you expect from me? I am expressing my opinion as a member and as an Administrator. I have full confidence in Former English Colony and I know that it will not happen again. I think it is pretty clear from the discussion that this sort of thing is not welcomed by our members or by other administrators.

This issue is being discussed by the Administration team.

Falap is getting indignit on my behalf. I just want to clarify - I noticed this change and was like 'wtf? I did not do this.' And wanted to bring it to admin attention and let them make whatever decision if any they felt was approprate. Rather in jest or not. Rather I was offended or not. (I wasnt - more caught off guard and mad at myself for not noticing sooner. Really I give FEC props for her 'prank') but as a member and forum user did have concerns about moderators editing profiles like that at random. Technically joke or not it is abusing admin/mod powers.

I just noticed it and let admins know about it. Thats all. Any public member backlash that comes from my acknowledgement/report to Admin - I want them to know is not coming from me. act or do not act. Do what you think is in the best intrests of forum users.

falapatorius:
McMasterdonia:
Admins are discussing it and we will report back soon.
Define 'soon'. Any updates thus far?
I have an update. Apparently one of the admins is annoyed at demanding Pillocks who think the admins will jump every time they snap their fingers, even when a discussion has only been going on for a few hours

Flemingovia:
Apparently one of the admins is annoyed at demanding Pillocks who think the admins will jump every time they snap their fingers, even when a discussion has only been going on for a few hours
Boo-friggin hoo. This Pillock is annoyed at one admin who likes to drag his/her feet. A few hours to discuss an obvious overstep is annoying in itself. Whether you think so or not. :facepalm:

I don't think I know of a single mod or admin discussion that has taken a few hours, or even a few days. :P

Time zones, busy schedules, wanting to build consensus... etc.

I confess. It is me, the foot-dragger. People are often surprised by how many catastrophies work themselves out with little or no interference from Mum. Now, if you don't mind, I have some pies to bake.

Admin consensus is member titles shall not be edited except at the member's request or if they are in violation of ToS/ToU.

Thank you for waiting.

No. We do not censure Players for frivolous pranks.

I like you, Paul. I like your outspokenness. It has earned you a place in the TNP community, where everyone is entitled to a bit of good-natured ribbing.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Falap is getting indignit on my behalf. I just want to clarify - I noticed this change and was like 'wtf? I did not do this.' And wanted to bring it to admin attention and let them make whatever decision if any they felt was approprate. Rather in jest or not. Rather I was offended or not. (I wasnt - more caught off guard and mad at myself for not noticing sooner. Really I give FEC props for her 'prank') but as a member and forum user did have concerns about moderators editing profiles like that at random. Technically joke or not it is abusing admin/mod powers.

I just noticed it and let admins know about it. Thats all. Any public member backlash that comes from my acknowledgement/report to Admin - I want them to know is not coming from me. act or do not act. Do what you think is in the best intrests of forum users.
Cheers. :hug:

mcmasterdonia:
Admin consensus is member titles shall not be edited except at the member's request or if they are in violation of ToS/ToU.

Thank you for waiting.
That is a quite satisfying and appropriate response. My mind is at ease.

Back