Candidacy Declarations: Special Election for Vice Delegate

Candidacy Declarations: Special Election for Vice Delegate

ec-seal.png

This Special Election, The North Pacific will be electing a Vice Delegate, to serve until the next election in January 2014. Any Regional Assembly member who has been a member for the last 15 days (since November 4th, 2014) is eligible to run for these office. Loss of Regional Assembly membership before the conclusion of this election will also result in loss of eligibility to run for any office during this election. A list of those eligible to run is provided below.

To run, one must either accept a nomination or declare candidacy in this thread. To withdraw from running, one must post a withdrawal of candidacy in this thread.

Acceptances of nominations, declarations of candidacy, and withdrawals of candidacy posted outside this thread will be discounted. Acceptance of a nomination is understood to also constitute declaration of candidacy even if no nomination has been made. Acceptances of nominations, declarations of candidacy, and withdrawals of candidacy must be posted during the candidacy declaration period to be valid. The candidacy declaration period is from (time=1416411300) (your forum time) to (time=1416843300) (your forum time). Voting will begin after candidacy declarations are closed and will last for five days.

This topic is intended for nominations, acceptances of nominations, declarations of candidacy, and withdrawals of candidacy; it may not be used for campaigning. Please keep in mind that lying about the election is election fraud, and that lying for any purpose is fraud.

Pasargad
Romanoffia
mcmasterdonia
Great Bights Mum
Lord Byron
Malvad
Democratic Donkeys
North East Somerset
Crushing Our Enemies
Sanctaria
Zyvetskistaahn
Andrew
Flemingovia
SillyString
Gracius Maximus
Malashaan
nydna
Lord Nwahs
r3naissanc3r
Ator People
Nasania
Falapatorius
PaulWallLibertarian42
Elkhorn_6
The Democratic Republic of Tomb
stalin1953
Sauceistan
Yrkidding
Egalotir
Elegarth
Severisen
Former English Colony
HuAt
Shadowbird712
Kialga
Akhil
Punk d
mralexgamingstrategy
James
Lord Ravenclaw
Spartan1175
Corporal Clegg
plembobria
Scandigrad
Ainin
JhonsJoe
Separatist Peoples
Spadanera
boricuastan
Syrixia
Conduct
Miss Ideophilia
Supreme Libertas
Sasten
Sacrajaweo
Nessuno
DeathFell
Bentla
King Ems
Space
Eluvatar
Grosseschnauzer
Abbey Anumia
*Loss of Regional Assembly membership before the conclusion of this election will also result in loss of eligibility to run for any office during this election.

Candidates:
Crushing Our Enemies
Democratic Donkeys
falapatorius
Malvad
Romanoffia
stalin1953

Nominees:
Eluvatar
flemingovia
PaulWallLibertarian42
SillyString
Zyvetskistaahn

Declined Nomination:
Lord Byron
Egalotir
Great Bights Mum
Grosseschnauzer
Kialga
mcmasterdonia
Scandigrad
Syrixia
The Democratic Republic of Tomb

Invalid Nominees:
Lord_Nwahs

Election Commissioners: Lord_Nwahs, r3naissanc3r.

TNP Constitution:
Article 7. General Provisions

8. No person may simultaneously serve in more than one constitutionally-mandated elected official positions.
Could the election commissioner(s) clarify if Democratic Donkeys' candidacy is valid? I am unsure if DD can run in the election, but if he were to win, he would have to resign one of his constitutionally-mandated elected official positions (Vice Delegate or Justice). This would trigger another special election in either category.

falapatorius:
Could the election commissioner(s) clarify if Democratic Donkeys' candidacy is valid? I am unsure if DD can run in the election, but if he were to win, he would have to resign one of his constitutionally-mandated elected official positions (Vice Delegate or Justice). This would trigger another special election in either category.
He can indeed run. As you said, should he win and take the oath, he will automatically be assumed to have resigned from Justice, and (another) special election will be held.

Apparently, you're not an Election Commissioner.
So yes, you are eligible to run.
However, if elected, you will have to give up your position as Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs.

~ Tomb

Egalotir:
Am I eligible to run? I don't recall if I was selected as Election Commissioner or not.
You are eligible. And there is no incompatibility between VD and Deputy MoFA, so if you're elected you can hold both positions.

mcmasterdonia:
I nominate Romanoffia, Kialga and Grosseschnauzer.
Ooooh. Let me see. Uh.... let me think about this for a minute.... Uh...

Still thinking (can you smell the wood smoke?).......

The question is, do I want to give anyone a stroke or other similar brain event..........

Well.........

Just to make things interesting.....

I accept my nomination.

There are people far better equipped than I to serve in this role. I respectfully decline, but am humbled by the nomination.

JhonsJoe:
I nominate Syrixia.
:P
I will have to decline my nomination. I'm too new; I haven't even hit 250 million people yet.

However, if more people nominate me, I will undecline and perhaps accept.

Time will tell, Stuzemstazem.

Screw it, let's do this! I accept my nomination!​

I will have to decline my nomination due to lack of time and i do not feel i am ready to take on such a position yet. Thank you though! Maybe in the future.

Back