mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal Resolution: SC#143 Proposed by: Funkadelia

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #143: Commend Hobbesistan shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,

Understanding that a commendation, an official recognition from the Security Council for virtuous deeds or attributes above and beyond the typical, is arguably the highest honor bestowed on any nation for their achievements;

Regretting that Security Council Resolution #143 was passed despite the achievements of the commended nation in the resolution being inconsequential or false;

Noting that all regions highlighted within resolution SC #143 have been subject to invading forces on multiple occasions since the decree's passing, rendering the ultimate consequence of these regions on the world as collectively negligible, and further withdrawing from the arguments presented in the resolution;

Further noting that the region of Khora collapsed shortly after the assistance of The Don't repeal me bro of Hobbesistan, and is frequently invaded by warfaring organizations;

Understanding that The Don't repeal me bro of Hobbesistan no longer has any relation to Lazarus, and Lazarus now has new forums unrelated to the nation;

Considering that RadioNS and the Lazarene Stock Exchange existed for a short period of time, and are now defunct, and have had no lasting impact on the world whatsoever;

Shocked that The Don't repeal me bro of Hobbesistan was given credit for developing the "approx" script, when the script was actually developed by the nation of The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar at a far earlier time;

Concluding that The Don't repeal me bro of Hobbesistan's contributions to the world are on the whole irrelevant or inconsequential, while good intentioned, and that one clause of the commending resolution is completely false;

Hereby Repeals SC #143, Commend The Don't repeal me bro of Hobbesistan.

Co-Authored by The Always Changing Shapes of Feux.

I hope the Delegate does not mind me putting this thread up for a vote.

Please vote: For | Against | Abstain | Present

"Abstain" means that you wish for the Delegate to not vote on the resolution at all.
"Present" means that you effectively choose not to participate in this vote. "Present" has no effect on how the Delegate votes.

Posts which do not include an explicit and unambiguous vote are not counted in the tally.

Ministry vote recommendation: For

Ministry Review
Written by HMS Unicorn

This proposal seeks to repeal the commendation for the nation Hobbesistan. This commendation has in the past been criticized as being premature and undeserved, as tt has been broadly acknowledged that the achievemens of Hobbesistan did not warrant commendation. The commendation proposal was quite controversial within The North Pacific when it was originally brought to vote.

The current repeal proposal recognizes this in its first few sections. At the same time, some of the subsequent sections are inaccurate. The proposal is quick to reject Hobbesistan's substantial contributions to Lazarus, a move serving deeper political motives of the proposal's authors. Furthermore, the proposal controversially claims that Hobbesistan "stole" the "approx" script from Eluvatar, which is inaccurate - though to some extent the inaccuracy derives from the wording of the commendation itself.

Despite these issues, on the balance we believe that a repeal of Hobbesistan's commendation is warranted. For this reason, we recommend a vote in support of this resolution.

I've commented on this in the Security Council thread. I do not think it was Abacathea's intent, but I do not believe that some of the clauses in this resolution are worth mentioning in a SC commendation.

The Stockexchange and RadioNS both existed for a very short time. The 'approx' script was originally created by Eluvatar, although the two scripts are different, I do not think Hobbes should be credited with this. I think the repeal is an accurate one and I support its passage.

At a later date, the nation of Hobbes will likely have a new commendation written for them that accurately covers their long lasting contributions to this game.

I vote FOR.

Even though I dislike a lot of the wording in the repeal itself, I was opposed to the original commendation and disliked it greatly. For.

I have voted For in-game shortly after this went to vote.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back