Mall4Del4Life

Mall

TNPer
The following sections of the Constitution will be amended to read as follows, with additions in red and removed terms in struckout blue:
Article 3. The Delegate and Vice Delegate

1. The Delegate will be the head of state and government of The North Pacific and hold the in-game position of delegate and will always be Mall.
2. The Delegate may eject and ban nations from the region as permitted by law, and will eject or ban nations from the region when required by law.
3. The Delegate may negotiate treaties with foreign powers. No treaty will come into effect unless approved by a two-thirds majority vote of the Regional Assembly.
4. When a proposal of the Regional Assembly to enact, amend or repeal a law is passed, the Speaker shall promptly present it to Mall for his perusal.
5. The Delegate may veto a proposal of the Regional Assembly to enact, amend or repeal a law whenever he wishes to do so.
6. The Regional Assembly may not override such a veto by a two-thirds majority vote, which shall cause a proposal to take immediate effect.
7. If a proposal of the Regional Assembly to enact, amend or repeal a law has not been signed or vetoed by the Delegate, too bad, so sad.
8. The Delegate may appoint executive officers to assist them and may dismiss these officers on a whim. Executive officers may be regulated by law.
9. The Vice Delegate will do as they are told.
10.. The Vice Delegate will hold the second most endorsements in the region. The Delegate may eject or ban any nation which exceeds any legally mandated endorsement limit.
11. If the Delegate is removed or unable to serve, then just wait for Mall to come back. the Vice Delegate will assume the duties of the Delegate. If the Vice Delegate is also unable to serve, the first available person in the line of succession will assume the duties of the Delegate.
12. The Delegate and Vice Delegate will be appointed at the discretion of Mall. No person shall be elected Delegate to a full or partial term in three consecutive election cycles.

Article 7. General Provisions

1. Constitutionally-mandated elected officials are the Speaker, Justices, and Attorney General.
2. Government officials are Mall, his lapdog Vice Delegate, the constitutionally-mandated elected officials, any officials appointed by them as permitted by law, and members of the Security Council.
3. The executive category consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, Attorney General, and government officials appointed by government officials in the executive category.
4. The legislative category consists of the Speaker, and government officials appointed by government officials in the legislative category.
5. The judicial category consists of the Justices, and government officials appointed by government officials in the judicial category .
6. All government officials, with the exception of members of the Security Council, must maintain membership in the Regional Assembly while in office.
7. All government officials will swear an oath of loyalty and subordination to Mall. The content of these oaths will be determined by Mall.
8. No person, except Mall, may simultaneously serve in more than one constitutionally-mandated elected official positions.
9. No person, except Mall, may simultaneously serve in government official positions in more than one of the executive, legislative, or judicial categories. Exceptions to this provision may be established by Mall.
10. Candidates in any election must maintain membership in the Regional Assembly for the fifteen days before the opening of candidacy declarations and throughout the election.
11. Government bodies may create rules for their own governance subordinate to Mall's wishes.
12. Procedures to fill vacancies in constitutionally-mandated elected offices may be established by Mall.
13. No law or government policy may contradict Mall.

I do not support subverting our democratic process and the Constitution and legal codes, by installing Mall as some rogue dictator for life. If this somehow makes it to vote I will be voting against and strongly urge the rest of the RA to do the same.

I sincerely hope this is an attempt at Mall to be humorus, and SillyString is perpetuating the joke and being sarcastic in stating support for this. If an esteemed member of the court actually supports this, especially the Chief Justice, I really have lost any belief that this regions participants can act sane and rational.

:rofl: This proposal doesn't go far enough imo. I've added some edits (in red).

Article 3. The Delegate and Vice Delegate

1. The Delegate will be the head of state and government of The North Pacific and hold the in-game position of delegate and will always be Mall.
2. The Delegate may eject and ban nations from the region as permitted by law, and will eject or ban nations from the region when required by law.
3. The Delegate may negotiate treaties with foreign powers. No treaty will come into effect unless approved by a two-thirds majority vote of the Regional Assembly.
4. When a proposal of the Regional Assembly to enact, amend or repeal a law is passed, the Speaker shall promptly present it to Mall for his perusal.
5. The Delegate may veto a proposal of the Regional Assembly to enact, amend or repeal a law whenever he wishes to do so.
6. The Regional Assembly may not override such a veto by a two-thirds majority vote, which shall cause a proposal to take immediate effect.
7. If a proposal of the Regional Assembly to enact, amend or repeal a law has not been signed or vetoed by the Delegate, too bad, so sad.
8. The Delegate may appoint executive officers to assist them and may dismiss these officers on a whim. Executive officers may be regulated by law.
9. The Vice Delegate will do as they are told.
10.. The Vice Delegate will hold the second most endorsements in the region. The Delegate may eject or ban any nation which exceeds any legally mandated endorsement limit.
11. If the Delegate is removed or unable to serve, then just wait for Mall to come back. the Vice Delegate will assume the duties of the Delegate. If the Vice Delegate is also unable to serve, the first available person in the line of succession will assume the duties of the Delegate.
12. The Delegate and Vice Delegate will be appointed at the discretion of Mall. No person shall be elected Delegate to a full or partial term in three consecutive election cycles.

Article 7. General Provisions

1. Constitutionally-mandated elected officials are the Speaker, Justices, and Attorney General.
2. Government officials are Mall, his lapdog Vice Delegate, the constitutionally-mandated elected officials, any officials appointed by them as permitted by law, and members of the Security Council.
3. The executive category consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, Attorney General, and government officials appointed by government officials in the executive category.
4. The legislative category consists of the Speaker, and government officials appointed by government officials in the legislative category.
5. The judicial category consists of the Justices, and government officials appointed by government officials in the judicial category .
6. All government officials, with the exception of members of the Security Council, must maintain membership in the Regional Assembly while in office.
7. All government officials will swear an oath of loyalty and subordination to Mall. The content of these oaths will be determined by Mall.
8. No person, except Mall, may simultaneously serve in more than one constitutionally-mandated elected official positions.
9. No person, except Mall, may simultaneously serve in government official positions in more than one of the executive, legislative, or judicial categories. Exceptions to this provision may be established by Mall.
10. Candidates in any election must maintain membership in the Regional Assembly for the fifteen days before the opening of candidacy declarations and throughout the election.
11. Government bodies may create rules for their own governance subordinate to Mall's wishes.
12. Procedures to fill vacancies in constitutionally-mandated elected offices may be established by Mall.
13. No law or government policy may contradict Mall.
PWL42:
I sincerely hope this is an attempt at Mall to be humorus, and SillyString is perpetuating the joke and being sarcastic in stating support for this.
:eyebrow: :duh: :headbang: :npo:

PWL42:
If an esteemed member of the court actually supports this, especially the Chief Justice, I really have lost any belief that this regions participants can act sane and rational.
Whether or not this bill goes to vote/passes/fails won't change that. :P

I say, what a brilliant amendment.

I'd also suggest that we make it compulsory to consume Kangaroo on Saturdays, illegal to be a Wall, Liberal, Conservative, Cancerian or a Walrus in the North Pacific in order to greater accede to democratic heaven.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
I do not support subverting our democratic process and the Constitution and legal codes, by installing Mall as some rogue dictator for life. If this somehow makes it to vote I will be voting against and strongly urge the rest of the RA to do the same.

I sincerely hope this is an attempt at Mall to be humorus, and SillyString is perpetuating the joke and being sarcastic in stating support for this. If an esteemed member of the court actually supports this, especially the Chief Justice, I really have lost any belief that this regions participants can act sane and rational.
Not even a sense...

Hmmm. Delegate for Life.

The problem with holding any position for life is that it usually doesn't end well. Ask Louis XVI. :lol:

2vijbyo.jpg

(We really need to add this emoticon to the forum palette. :P )

The SC would be the first group purged. I'm on my phone until Sunday night. I'll update tgis then and put it to a vote.

This bill seems very effective. Think of all the electoral hassle it saves us from. No runoffs, no annoying campaigns, all these are gone. And on top of that, we can Mall to run the region, for free.

Sounds like a great deal to me. Support.

Silliness for silliness sake is all fine and dandy, but this amendment is taking things in a direction I don't think is going to be terribly conducive for TNP's democracy. implying tnp is a democracy lels

To make it clear, I'm not going to let this proposal move to formal debate. Of course, under the rules of this assembly,

If at least one-tenth of the members of the Regional Assembly, including the member that introduced the proposal to the Regional Assembly, motion that a vote should be held on a proposal before the Regional Assembly, then the Speaker must schedule a vote on that proposal to begin as soon as permitted by law.

This means that so long as Mall can somehow muster 8 other supporters to support a motion to vote when he calls for one, he'll get his vote.

Lord Nwahs:
Silliness for silliness sake is all fine and dandy, but this amendment is taking things in a direction I don't think is going to be terribly conducive for TNP's democracy.
I think that's the point. :lol: It did lighten the mood around here anyway. Mall is the model of consistency in his vision for TNP.

Lord Nwahs:
Silliness for silliness sake is all fine and dandy, but this amendment is taking things in a direction I don't think is going to be terribly conducive for TNP's democracy. implying tnp is a democracy lels

To make it clear, I'm not going to let this proposal move to formal debate. Of course, under the rules of this assembly,

If at least one-tenth of the members of the Regional Assembly, including the member that introduced the proposal to the Regional Assembly, motion that a vote should be held on a proposal before the Regional Assembly, then the Speaker must schedule a vote on that proposal to begin as soon as permitted by law.

This means that so long as Mall can somehow muster 8 other supporters to support a motion to vote when he calls for one, he'll get his vote.
You'll rue the day you crossed me.

Mall:
Lord Nwahs:

You'll rue the day you crossed me.
Recipe for "You'll Roux The Day You Crossed Mall" (Roux D'Mall)

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons of pan drippings from one well roasted Mall.

6 tablespoons flour

Directions:

Heat Mall pan drippings over medium high heat. Add flour all at once whisking vigorously. When mixture thins and starts to bubble, reduce heat to low and cut back on the whisking. Cook until you smell a toasty aroma then cook 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.

Roux d'Mall can be used immediately to thicken a liquid that is at or below room temperature. To thicken a hot liquid, allow roux to cool to room temperature, or refrigerate.

Tightly wrapped, roux can be refrigerated for up to a month. Simply break off pieces and use as needed.

It should be our National Condiment. :lol:

Democratic Donkeys:
mcmasterdonia:
Egalotir:
What's the problem with it?

It says Mall and not [insert own name here]
Ohhhhh, I thought Mall just had a really strange way of spelling "McMasterdonia". ;)
It's a pity that minor error correction clause was struck down by the court and subsequently taken off the books. We could have used that to fix the spelling confusion!

Oh well, missed opportunity. :(

PaulWallLibertarian42:
I sincerely hope this is an attempt at Mall to be humorus, and SillyString is perpetuating the joke and being sarcastic in stating support for this.
I think it is important to clarify that my support for this bill is entirely serious and without a shred of sarcasm.

SillyString:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
I think it is important to clarify that my support for this bill is entirely serious and without a shred of sarcasm.
Not a shred of sarcasm, but a heap of irony. :clap:

Romanoffia:
SillyString:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
Not a shred of sarcasm, but a heap of irony. :clap:
Irony.

Back