Resource Thread

Fenichi

TNPer
As some of you know, Alunya gave the go-ahead for me to make a map of resources for RP. A lot of the suggestions she gave are a lot better than mine so we're basically going of what she said.

So, what kind of resources do you want to see on the map? Things like oil and wheat are definitely going on, but do you guys want to see something specific like tungsten or nepeta?

Also, to make things easier, could you guys give a short list of resources that are in your country? Try to make it specific to your nations culture, like Alunya doesn't focus on cattle due to the whole cats thing, and since Legington has little oil it developed a more steampunk culture. Also, renewable resources such as livestock and agriculture that your country produces would be interesting, since it too would add to the whole culture aspect.

PS: For the fun of it I might put a random resource in your country. I do it for the lols.

We discovered large mines of tin on the islands of Sauceistan many years ago. Thus started our booming tin can industry. We also have lots of squid, because of our infested water surrounded by the islands, and tomatoes, because we love tomato sauce.

As part of the non-renewable resources, mineral mining could draw from the following (courtesy of Wikipedia):Admittedly, this list is crude right now, just to get us started. When I have more time I may prettify this list by going to a table form with spoilers to hide remarks, like which ores often occur together. (gold and silver, or lead and zinc are common examples). Obviously it would be a very exceptional country that would have all these materials -- so pick and choose!

>^,,^<
Alunya

Just a gentle reminder that the resource map is for renewable and nonrenewable resources.

This would mean the graphite ores (for the carbon fibres) and the natural gas (for the resin matrix) as starting stock in the production chain would be the natural resources. A carbon fiber composite would be a manufactured item, like steel. For renewable resources one would consider the dairy cow as a resource, but not the cheese.

This is to keep things manageable. And it gives each nation the opportunity to turn their cows into leather instead of producing cream, if that is their desire.

But we'll make a private note that Egalotir is into advanced composites and cermets with deep space applications nonetheless. That is always good to know!

>^,,^<
Alunya

I can come up with symbols this weekend and work on the map throughout the week. Also don't worry. I'll do some research on these resources to see if you can find multiple ones together. I will be very competent when making this, so I'll be sure not to put alloys and composites on the map.

Eumenor's main industry is Uranium mining, so a lot of that please. If your'e interested, that's why we're developing a nuclear arsenal. We also have coal and iron deposits. We manufacture arms in large quantities, and so need the relevant materials for that. We export wood chips from the huge rainforests, renewably, obviously, and our livestock also plays a big part in our economy. Could we possibly have oil fields in the bay, between The Former Republic of Boxica, now Eumenor Island, and the Eumenorian mainland, to power our arms industry? Thanks!

And also, we are nowhere near as military as this makes us sound. We're pacifists. Honest.

The Lancerian Empire is famed for its many deposits of Emeralds, hence the Emerald green upon its' flag. In addition, the 3 little islands that the Empire controls off her South-West coast contain Sapphire deposits. There is also significant deposits of graphite and chalk (the Empire exports some of the best pencils and chalks in TNP) and one notable deposit of oil near the Eastern border of New Haven America's territory there. (Presumably there are more deposits of oil east of the border?)

As far as renewable resources go, there are vast forests in the North-West, mostly on that sort of large peninsula and good farm/ livestock land in many areas throughout. Perhaps the waters West of Malvad have a lot of fish as well?

Tenebritia has trees. Lots of trees. With occasional clearings for a city.

But we also have fish, livestock (our pepperoni's gotta come from somewhere), and heavy metals like Uranium. (We use those mostly for energy production.)

These are the ones I'm reasonably certain of. I leave others to your discretion.

Mined Minerals in Alunya include:

Anhydrite, Bauxite, Bentonite (Kaolinite, Montmorillonite), Borax, Chalk, Coal (Sub-bituminous and Bituminous), Gypsum, Lead, Magnesium, Phosphate, Salt, Thorium, Titanium, and Zinc.

Other commercially mined minerals include clay, limestone, gravel, marble and sand.

Crops include alfalfa, barley, beans, canola, carobs, dates, flax, grapes, hay, hops, lavender, lemons, lentils, limes, lupins, millet, mustard, oats, olives, poppies, quinoa, radishes, rapeseed, rye, safflowers, sorghum, soybeans, sunflowers, tangerines, teff, vanilla and wheat.

Livestock include alpacas, ampersandalas (an indigenous sheep), chickens, dairy cows, donkeys, goats, guanacos, horses, llamas, mice, octothorpes (an indigenous antelope), pheasants, rabbits, rats, and sheep.

We could raise cattle and bison but we don't. Most of our livestock is used for dairy, portage, riding, shearing, or food sources for cats.

No forests though we do have cat trees and widely scattered acacias and palms. [Ed. -- added 2014 Sep 06.]

The sea being the sea, I leave it to Fenichi to surprise me as to what fisheries lie offshore!

If it isn't listed, we probably don't have it -- I considered just about everything and limited myself to what we would indeed be likely to have, given the geological history and climate.

Thanks again for doing this!

>^,,^<
Alunya

NHA's main mined materials: Iron, Titanium, Uranium, Salt, Sulfur, Zinc, Gold, Platinum, Rubies, Granite, Tin, Chromium, some Oil(around the Lancerian boarder)

Crops: Corn, Wheat, Seaweed, Pomegranates, Apples, Soy, Beats, Carrots, Oranges, Grapes, Tomatoes, Cocoa, Potatoes

Livestock(And fished animals): Cows, Pigs, Chickens, Ducks, Sheep, Rabbits, Goats, Alligators, Frogs, Eels, Crab, Lobster, Tilapia, Squid

You can place them where you think they'd be best placed

Conoha is famous for having a biggest farm complex of TNP,with crops:beans,olives,soybeans,sunflower,vanilla and wheat, and the most of the animals.As non-renewable resources: gold, diamonds,iron and emerald.

Dalies, being both a very industrialized nation to the north and northeast and a very environmentally conservative nation the the south and southwest, I would like to have key minerals/industries located on the map. They will be organised by location, but other than that unless I get specific, they are up to you on where to place them.
-----
Northwest: Timber, Iron, Gold (not discovered yet), Slate, and Granite. On the coastline boardering Zombie Bikers, please include depleted oil deposits.
-----
Northeast: Manufacturing, Natural Gas, Fishing, Large amounts of ports (not sure if should be included), and oil reserves off the coast of Dalies.
-----
Southwest: Farming (wheat, soy, corn, barely, kale, and lettuce), Fishing, and Clean Energy Plants (wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines, solar panel farms)
-----
Southeast: Iron, Gold (not yet discovered), Zinc, Bauxite, and Slate.

PP.S there are oil deposits in most of the higland areas too

Chopwell is on the west coast of the continent of Osirix at the confluence of the River Wyrme and the Great North Sea. It also includes The Island of Farne, which is dominated by its Capital City, Thetoon.
It is 3256 DU² (Dragon Units) in area. The mainland consists largely of alluvial plains, but there is a large area of coniferous forest in the North and the Island of Farne is volcanic.
The plains are rich in chalk, gypsum, sperrylite (an ore of of platinum) and oil shale deposits, which produce a surplus for export. The soil is also very rich, due to annual floods and the main crops are aduki beans (the main ingredient of the national dish : red dragon pie), root crops, tomatoes, herbs and flax.
The forests in the north are extensively farmed for the wood and contain large areas of peat bog.

Syrixia has tons of oil mines and roanukite mines.

You all know what oil is, but roanukite is a glass-like material that is about as valuable as a paragon-cut diamond in its natural state, which is why there is no polished roanukite. It costs 939,284 Aureias to polish one roanukite nugget and double that to cut it.

That said, we have an overabundance of the stuff, and roanukite trade is open. As is oil trade.

Nasania has fertile plains along the Kowa river near Tasangt and Setsugo(city at the fork across from Bolsheviki). Our main crops are: rice, wheat, potatoes, sorghum, peanuts, tea, millet, barley, cotton, and oilseed. Our livestock include sheep, goats, chickens, fish, and cows. Our natural resources are more varied: We have coal, timber, natural gas, copper, zinc throughout our country. Some titanium, aluminum, gold, and tungsten near Kotiranta. Kotiranta area also has a lot of precious metals. The petroleum and natural gas deposits are in Oscarian and Nicolan areas (across from Gladio and McMasterdonia). Lead, iron ore, manganese, vanadium, magnetite, molybdenum, rare earth minerals, mercury, uranium are in the Nozan Sanchi(northern) mountains. Lots of hydropower potential due to the Kowa river. We have phosphate on our tropical island resort, and there are also whales and fish along our eastern coast.
Here are maps of the cities and provinces, my main factbook has the regions of Nasania map. Cities and Provinces map Thanks.

Stuzemstazem has uranium mines near the banks of its river. You can find it on the map. We also have oil and gold mines in the very south.

Guslantis has a wide variety of natural elements (and compounds) in its area, which contributes to its Science industry. We have Phosphate, Sulfur, Nickel, Copper, and Cobalt.

I think when I come back from vacation around January 1 I'm gonna make this map :D

Back