Falapatorius for Vice Delegate

Ok..Let's get the first thought in your mind out of the way: WTF?

This nomination came out of left field.. (thanx PW :P ) , but I'll oblige.

I'll be honest.. I have NO experience in any governmental position. I'm not going to say 'don't vote for me' (that's been done). But I do take the security of TNP very seriously. My first thoughts upon receiving this nomination (for whatever reason) were:

1. I have nowhere near enough endorsements or influence for this position.

2. It would be weird for me (if I somehow won) to be Chair of the Security Council, when I haven't attained membership therein. :eyebrow:

Because of my inexperience, you could count on my consulting with the SC on a myriad of issues. It would be highly unlikely that I make any unilateral decisions with regard to RA membership security assessments (I'm not saying that happens..).

If circumstances dictated that the VD take power, I would endeavor to represent the region as best I could. Unfortunately, I have little to no experience vis a vis military gameplay. Thankfully, the high endorsement count of the Delegate (and by extension, the VD) in TNP affords some degree of safety in that regard. But if I felt TNP security was jeopardized, I would cede authority to the next in line of succession.

I've been here for awhile now, and many of you are aware that I don't toe any party line. I have publicly disagreed with the last 2 Delegates on various issues. But that's irrelevant to the VD's office. It's not an appointed position, which might require a 'policy parrot'. Security is paramount. Whatever happens in the RA, stays in the RA. :rofl:

Anyway.. I welcome any and all questions regarding my running for Vice Delegate. Serious or otherwise. :shrug:

I picked you because, you have tended to stick to your principles even if that wasnt always a popular opinion, you do seem concerned about regional security and making sure the VD acts accordingly by helping rewrite the RA checks where the VD needs to consult with the SC on deciding when someone is a security risk or not. Which the SC is there to maintain regional security therefor I feel they should be consulted in all manners regional security matters - even if just an RA app.

You can articulate yourself fairly well in the assembly.

As much as I respect the experienced players - I think it would be nice to get someone new in the various positions for a term or two who don't usually run for offices.

As you said you dont tow any party line - for ill or for good you are independent and dont cave to pressure groups or factions easy.

In the last 3 or 4 elections Ive witnessed - I get tired of seeing the same people seemingly switch offices and titles around (like I said I respect the older more senior players --- but take a term or two off and let someone new propose fresh ideas)

It was a little bit of for the lulz involved -- throwing some names out there and seeing who was interrested.

Just because I nominated you does not mean You have secured my vote -- like I said I tossed some different names out there to see who will bite -- if elected I have confidence you would do an amicable job -- however I am looking forward to some Vice Delegate candidate debates.

When I ran for Vice Delegate, I wasn't a member of the Security Council and I didn't have a huge endorsement level at the time, so I sympathies with those concerns. Best of luck in the election and I am glad to see you standing.

Tomb:
Good luck to you, falapatorius.
Thank you.

PWL42:
As much as I respect the experienced players - I think it would be nice to get someone new in the various positions for a term or two who don't usually run for offices.
I agree some new faces might bring in new perspectives, but I harbor no illusion that it will necessarily be me in this instance. Experience usually wins out in these elections. I'm ok with that. My self-esteem won't suffer if that continues.

PWL42:
It was a little bit of for the lulz involved -- throwing some names out there and seeing who was interested.
I gathered that. Meh.. I can be a sport too. But that's not to say I take the position of Vice Delegate lightly.

McM:
When I ran for Vice Delegate, I wasn't a member of the Security Council and I didn't have a huge endorsement level at the time, so I sympathies with those concerns. Best of luck in the election and I am glad to see you standing.
Up until now, I've hovered around 45 endorsements. I've participated in the RA, but I think a more active role in government might be worthwhile (and presumably educational :P ). I gotta start somewhere I guess. Thanks for the luck.

Is beige best colour?

Also, what's the silliest thing that you will do as Vice-Delegate?

Lord Nwahs:
Is beige best colour?
I prefer khaki, but that's not too far removed from beige. ;)

Lord Nwahs:
Also, what's the silliest thing that you will do as Vice-Delegate?
Silliness isn't my forte, but if you look left to my new avatar, it's a step in that direction.

falapatorius:
I don't toe any party line.
I appreciate your ability to spell this phrase correctly. :P Ten points!

As Vice Delegate, how would you approach your duty to security-check new RA applicants? Would your default position on completely new people (as opposed to those who might have built reputations in other regions) be to block them, or let them through?

Is there anyone currently in the RA that you would block if their membership lapsed?

Silly String:
I appreciate your ability to spell this phrase correctly. :P Ten points!
:dance:

Silly:
As Vice Delegate, how would you approach your duty to security-check new RA applicants? Would your default position on completely new people (as opposed to those who might have built reputations in other regions) be to block them, or let them through?
Although I am a quick study, I would have to rely a bit more on the SC than previous VDs. But the position requires I assess all applicants for potential security risks. That's what I will do. I think my default position would be... Each applicant will undergo the same scrutiny. If no red flags appear.. welcome to the RA. People with a less than stellar history/reputation have been accepted to the RA.. so while that's a consideration, the presence/absence of any credible threat to security will be the deciding factor. Personal opinions will play no part in my decision-making.

Silly:
Is there anyone currently in the RA that you would block if their membership lapsed?
Off hand, I'd say no. But when re-applying for RA membership, each re-applicant would be viewed as a new applicant, and would be treated as such.

Back