Flemingovia For Vice Delegate

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Why I am running for Vice Delegate
I was considering running for Delegate this time, but I decided that I would not do so if R3N or McM ran because, frankly, I think either of them would be better at that job than me. Running for Vice Delegate seems to me to be the best move for me at the moment.

Supporting the Delegate.
Of those who have declared candidacy so far, I hope R3N is returned as Delegate. But Whoever is elected, I believe in cabinet responsibility – I would support the delegate to the best of my ability, and not criticise the incumbent in public. I have been delegate and I know that it is sometimes a lonely and thankless job. Whoever is delegate would get advice and help from me, if they need it.

Endorsement levels and Security Council
I have never wanted to maintain a high endo level for the hell of it – which is why my endorsement level is not high. I can, however, endotart like crazy if I need to. When I was delegate my endo level had one of the steepest rises in TNP history – and remember, that was in the day when everything was done manually.
I am, in other words, a lazy SOB and would be unlikely to endotart without motivation. Being VD would give me that motivation.

Any thoughts on the Security Council?
I am concerned about the activity level of a number of members of our Security Council, so see running as VD as a small way of boosting the security of the region.
I believe the SC should not just be a measure of endorsement count but also of loyalty to the region and trustworthiness. I would be unlikely to support a SC application from anyone who could not demonstrate both of these or who, for example, was not a member of the Regional Assembly.

A heartbeat from the delegacy?
I doubt it would come to that, but every Vice Delegate has to be considered a potential delegate-in-waiting. If it came to it, I am sure nobody would say that I could not be trusted with the big chair.

So that is about it. I don’t think it is the Vice Delegate’s place to come up with sweeping policies in their platform. I would be someone who can be trusted not to screw the region over, will keep TNP as secure as I can, could step up to the plate of delegacy if needed, who would support my boss.

Please question away.

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
Good luck, Flem.
Thank you.

One last thing I should have added to my plaform:

activity
one of the most important things for a Vice Delegate is that they are active.

Well, i log into the forum several times each day. I am on IRC regularly and so am easily contactable. The unpredictability of Real Life (tm) means I am not goign to make unrealistic promises, but I do not foresee that activity will be a problem this term.

I do not intend to appoint numerous assistant Vice Delegates to spread the workload.

I remember last term - you ran on the platform of blocking every RA application and allowing the RA to hold a vote on if that person should be admitted or if your block should hold -- in effort to allow the RA to dictate it's own membership --- is that a policy you feel still holds merit 4 months or so later? And do you still support such ideals and plan to utilyze the VD block in such a manner on applications?

PaulWallLibertarian42:
I remember last term - you ran on the platform of blocking every RA application and allowing the RA to hold a vote on if that person should be admitted or if your block should hold -- in effort to allow the RA to dictate it's own membership --- is that a policy you feel still holds merit 4 months or so later? And do you still support such ideals and plan to utilyze the VD block in such a manner on applications?
I believe strongly in the sovereignty of the Regional Assembly, and I have been alarmed that a lot of changes in our region (including the recent citizenship act) are slowly chipping away at the rights and privileges of the Regional Assembly.

I would probably not reject EVERY RA applicant, but I would expect the RA to be much more involved in the admission procedure. So where there is question in my mind that an admission may not be in the best interest of the Region, or neet the approval of the RA, then I would block the application (as I would be well within my legal right to do) and let the RA exercise its democratic right to have a say.

I've always wondered what a Flemingovia Delegacy would be like! I'm glad to see you running for Vice Delegate Flemingovia. Best of luck! It should be an interesting race.

mcmasterdonia:
I've always wondered what a Flemingovia Delegacy would be like!
i am not sure that TNP is ready for the orgasmic delight that a Flemingovian delegacy would cause. It would be a bit like Tantric sex, but it would last for three whole months.

Not even Sting could cope with that.

As God, how would you divide your time between your secular duties and your more holier ones?

Also, is beige best colour?

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Is it colour or color? Favourite or favorite? Drive on the left? Or drive on the right?
Silly PWL, everyone drives on the centre! I mean center! I mean... erm... ???

Lord Nwahs:
As God, how would you divide your time between your secular duties and your more holier ones?

one of the advantages of bring god is that time is not an issue.

The best colour is lilac, for obvious reasons.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Is it colour or color? Favourite or favorite? Drive on the left? Or drive on the right?
Since we all speak the queen's English, it is only right that we adopt the queen's spelling too.

And in terms of driving it is not a choice between left and right, it is a choice between right and correct. I choose to drive correctly.

You seem to be one of the few taking this election more seriously. I actually like your platform and agree. You've got my vote so far. Goodluck Flem!

flemingovia:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
Since we all speak the queen's English, it is only right that we adopt the queen's spelling too.

And in terms of driving it is not a choice between left and right, it is a choice between right and correct. I choose to drive correctly.
It is obvious that the right side is correct side. Silly Europeans!

Does being GMT +5 give you an advantage as VD to see security threats to the region before those lazy Americans even open their eyes?

flemingovia:
Lord Nwahs:

one of the advantages of bring god is that time is not an issue.

The best colour is lilac, for obvious reasons.
One of the advantages of being God is that you can say bring instead of being and get away with it.

The Queen's English (or, properly in the vernacular, the King's English), you know.

Now for the question: If you are elected Vice Delegate, will you work to bring Skippy's killer to justice? And if so, will you work to ban the eating of marsupials and bigfoots?

Now for the question: If you are elected Vice Delegate, will you work to bring Skippy's killer to justice? And if so, will you work to ban the eating of marsupials and bigfoots?

What you are talking about is rightly the responsibility of the Attorney General's office, and it would be remiss of me to use the Vice Delegate's position in such a manner.

However, if the Attorney General's office finds itself out of its depth or understaffed, I will help and advise as i can. Interdepartmental cooperation is important.

Egalotir:
You seem to be one of the few taking this election more seriously. I actually like your platform and agree. You've got my vote so far. Goodluck Flem!
Thank you. VD is a responsible position and it deserves a serious campaign.

I have set out in my opening posts a couple of positions that I thought might be controversial:

Using the VD power of veto more often
opposing SC applicants who were not RA members

I was expecting more questioning on those opinions at least!

flemingovia:
I would probably not reject EVERY RA applicant, but I would expect the RA to be much more involved in the admission procedure. So where there is question in my mind that an admission may not be in the best interest of the Region, or neet the approval of the RA, then I would block the application (as I would be well within my legal right to do) and let the RA exercise its democratic right to have a say.
Can you give an example of a situation where an admission might not be in the best interest of the region, or need the approval of the RA? Preferably this would be something on the edges of what you would consider needing RA approval, so as to distinguish your decision-making process from previous Vice Delegates.

If my membership lapsed and I reapplied, would you consider my application in need of RA approval?

EDIT: Is there anyone currently in the RA whose applications you would block if their membership lapsed and they reapplied?

Crushing Our Enemies:
flemingovia:
Can you give an example of a situation where an admission might not be in the best interest of the region, or need the approval of the RA? Preferably this would be something on the edges of what you would consider needing RA approval, so as to distinguish your decision-making process from previous Vice Delegates.
at last! Questions with substance!

Well, here are some examples of players I might bump to the RA for approval:

1. Those whose behaviour in this region or on this forum before applying to the RA suggested that they would cause major disruption or trauma to the Assembly. I do not regard RA membership as a human right, and would like to see the RA able to exercise some choice over who it admits.

2. Those who have been a security risk in other places: by couping a region by deception etc, and whose history suggests that they are untrustworthy fucks. Why let a scorpion into your nest? PLease note, simple raiding I would not consider to fall into this category.

3. Those who say "If you let me in, I will destroy TNP if i get the chance." Surprisingly, people sometimes say this.

If my membership lapsed and I reapplied, would you consider my application in need of RA approval?

EDIT: Is there anyone currently in the RA whose applications you would block if their membership lapsed and they reapplied?

As regard yourself, unless there is something in your history that I am unaware of, I suspect you think I might block you simply because you are a raider. I would not. Is there something else I should know about?

I would want the RA to vote on Douria. Douria has been OK here so far, and seems to have been reconciled in Osiris, but I still think they should not have been admitted against the will of the RA, and so would want to put it to the vote again. I suspect they would be admitted this time round, which I would be OK with.

I think Romanoffia has been a malign influence in this region and a danger to this forum. Should his membership lapse, I would put it to the RA to decide on his admittance. I would do the same for anyone who has behaved has he has.

Flem, if you were VD, what would you do about RA applicants from genuinely new nations with no discernable NS history?

SillyString:
Flem, if you were VD, what would you do about RA applicants from genuinely new nations with no discernable NS history?
I would admit them without a RA vote for two reasons:

1. They would not warrant a vote.

2. I would not want to put off genuinely new players whose first involvement in this region should not be met with suspicion and rejection.

Back