CLOSED: DU Election Applications : July 2014

Fenichi

TNPer
Since this is the first DU election I don't expect this to run smoothly. As a result I am going to try to keep things nice and simple. Anyone can apply for either apply for Chairman or Deputy Chairman, but they must fill out the following applications first.

Chairman Applications;

Name of ambassador:
Reason for applying:
Experience (if any):
Why should you be elected as the first DU Chairman?:

Deputy Chairman Applications;

Name of ambassador:
Reason for applying:
What would you do as Chairman in four months?:

Applications will end on July 26, 2014 at 5:00 a.m. GMT. If this date is inconvenient just say so, and I will see if I can extend the date. Further information will be provided once the application process is over.

Name of ambassador: Ambassador Lewis Robinson

Reason for applying: I would like to have the honor and pleasure of assisting the first Chairman in successfully monitoring debates in an efficient manner and consulting/advising him on which issues should be addressed during sessions. I also wish to apply as I believe I am not participating in this region as much as I can and as much as I would like to; I believe this position would be the correct action to reaffirming my activity here

What would you do as Chairman in four months?: " I hope to use the election to help recruit new members from different communities and constructively communicate with them on issue facing The North Pacific and its democratic process. I intend to also speak to them about their community more particularly, their democratic operations in that particular body and how our and theirs may differ from another, and possibly how the difference could improve the democratic standing of each community. I will also personally target and reach out to individuals who do not share the same values as the Democratic Union and aid them in joining DU and voicing their opinions on matters debated upon during sessions. I will also thrive to expand the role play activity in the Democratic Union and encouraging creativity during sessions. I would work with Executive Government Officials to help promote the Democratic Union through foreign updates, northen lights issues, including announcements and telegrams via forums and RMB and work to greater improve the Union to a greater, more effecient state than it currently is and of its predecessing Union " - Lewis

Chairman Applications;

Name of ambassador:
Kristen Marinos

Reason for applying: As a revolutionary in the Olvernian Civil War, Kristen Marinos has a track record of fighting for civil rights and democratic freedoms. The cause of the DU is one that has been close to her heart.

OOC: I've been around for some time. I know things.

Experience (if any): Speaker of the House, Olvern (Oct 2013 - Jan 2014)

OOC: see my signature

Why should you be elected as the first DU Chairman?:

"As Chairman of the Democratic Union, I will fight for the promotion of democratic values across The North Pacific, by bringing about dialogue between democratic nations, and engaging with nations that may not all the same values that nations in this Union hold. This can be effectively done through engagement in the Regional Message Board of TNP, and the formation of a IRC channel as a separate platform for interaction and debate. In my term as Chairman, I will be focusing very much on the issues of environment and sustainable development in TNP. I will also see if a more stable constitution of this Union can be written to codify its values, and to standardise procedure." -Kristen Marinos

OOC: Essentially, I'm going to seek to spread information about the Democratic Union, being the largest non-governmental RP initiative that has been attempted in some time on these forums. I have to admit that I probably would not actually use my position as Minister of Culture to do so since this isn't exactly a TNP government-endorsed initiative. I will seek to write a constitution in the DU that establish a systematic way of running membership issues, debate, and voting on issues. I seek for proposals to be voted on as Treaties of the Democratic Union that all member states must adopt in strictly RP terms (may not be accurately be represented in-game, but very little is.)

Name of ambassador: Erwin August

Reason for applying: My civil rights and political freedoms are currently lower than standard. I would consider it unwise to pursue Chairmanship now. But as Deputy Chairman I would have time to expand freedoms and prepare for the position of Chairman. It would also give leadership opportunity and the ability to promote TNP culture and democracy.

What would you do as Chairman in four months?: I would continue to expand the role play community through the Democratic Union. I would start a recruitment campaign through the RMB and telegrams to encourage nations to not only join the DU, but the forums as well. I would also work with the cabinet to promote the Union through foreign updates, communications, home affairs telegrams, and culture announcements. I would strive for freedom, unity, and bring prosperity to the Democratic Union through effective communication, assisting new nations and members, and working to improve the Union, role playing, and The North Pacific to the best of my ability.

Since applications are now closed, I'll close this thread. You can start a new thread when voting begins.

Back