Cabinet announcement and opening remarks

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
del-seal.png
Cabinet announcement and opening remarks
Greetings,

I am delighted and humbled to address the region as Delegate. It is a rare privilege to lead the largest region in the NationStates world, and I would like to thank the members of The North Pacific for providing me with this opportunity.

Along with this privilege come expectations: That I will provide the region with a direction and plan for the future. That I will be dedicating myself to efficiently implementing this plan. And that in the end, the results we will reap will be progress, prosperity, and advancement of the general welfare. I have already outlined during my electoral campaign this term's agenda in the various government policy areas. I consider it an ambitious agenda that will be challenging to implement, but also very rewarding when delivered. Luckily I will not be working alone, but rather as part of a Cabinet team, full of talent and enthusiasm. This team will be as follows:

Minister of Home Affairs - Democratic Donkeys
The Ministry of Home Affairs will be coordinating the Executive Government's efforts in the areas of game-side recruitment, forum-side naturalization, and promotion and communication of the Government's initiatives to the region. Democratic Donkeys will be spearheading these efforts, and will be pouring his energy towards building a solid foundation for this important new Ministry.

Minister of Foreign Affairs - mcmasterdonia
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be in charge of drawing out and effecting the regional foreign policy, with an emphasis towards establishing closer collaboration with our treaty allies in a diverse set of areas. mcmasterdonia, an international statesman and an expert in TNP diplomacy, will be directing our diplomatic initiatives.

Minister of World Assembly Affairs - Abacathea
The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs will be working to ensure The North Pacific's immense voting power in the World Assembly is utilized to its full extent and in the best interests of the region, through impactful campaigning both in the region and interregionally. Abacathea, in addition to his duties as Vice Delegate, will be heading this Ministry, lending his expertise and status as a prominent World Assembly author to the Ministry's agenda.

Minister of Communications - Crushing Our Enemies
The Ministry of Communications will be carrying out the Executive Government's plans for the establishment of broad readership news media, the reliable reporting of regional and interregional news, and the accurate representation of the Government's views to the world. Crushing Our Enemies will be in charge of these efforts, bringing in the strong administrative and communication skills he has demonstrated in the past from several posts in the region.

Minister of Defense - Gladio
The Ministry of Defense will be continuing to develop our military power, by expanding the North Pacific Army in terms of numbers and operational capability, maintaining readiness, improving the command structure, and enhancing collaboration with our military allies. Gladio, who revitalized our military as Acting Minister of Defense last term, will now be taking over officially to continue his good work.

Minister of Culture - Lords Nwahs
The Ministry of Culture will be working to bring renewed activity to the Cultural areas of our forum, and in particular to revitalize The North Pacific University and our roleplay sections. Lord Nwahs will be bringing a fresh viewpoint to the Ministry, and will be providing the ideas for these objectives to be realized.

In addition to the efforts by the Cabinet, successful delivery of this term's agenda will require contributions from our members outside the Cabinet. Indeed, facilitating and promoting broad participation to the Executive Government has been a key aspect of my electoral campaign. The creation of the Executive Staff will, I expect, be a major step in this direction, and the Cabinet will be aiming to have it established and running within the first two weeks of this term.

Of course, all members should feel welcome to contact me with their ideas, comments, or anything else they want to discuss. I can be reached on this forum through personal message, on NationStates through telegram to my nation HMS Unicorn, on IRC at our regional channel ( #tnp @ esper, also available from the IRC link at the top of the forum), or on Skype (please PM me about the address).

Before closing, I would like to thank the outgoing Delegate mcmasterdonia and Vice Delegate Democratic Donkeys, for their service to the region and the excellent leadership they provided during the past term. I was lucky to be able to work with them in mcmasterdonia's Cabinet, and I am grateful that they have in turn accepted to join my own Cabinet.

Thank you all for your attention, and I am looking forward to a successful term.

Sincerely,
~r3naissanc3r
Delegate of The North Pacific

Congrats to COE and Olvey!! Didnt see those appointments coming. Good luck. Also congrats to the others though youve served in the executive in some capacity or another the last term just reshuffling roles, but still much success in the upcoming term.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Hail r3naissanc3r! Hail lower-cased names at the beginning of sentences! Hail The North Pacific!
Hail r3naissanc3r, of the lowercase sentence-starting name! Hail The North Pacific, of the uppercase definite article! Hail mucking around in prescriptive rules!

Everyone knows that all the cool people only use lowercase letters in their username. It should be a prerequisite for Delegate. Obviously.

IT'S NOT IMPERIALIST ENOUGH DIDN'T YOU EVEN READ UNIBOT'S TRR'S ARTICLE?

Seriously, it was a rumour and everything!

Thank you for the appointment r3n, I look forward to a productive term and congratulations everyone!

Back