mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
del-seal.png

After significant consideration and discussion I believe it is time to change our World Assembly Voting policy.

As it stands, the Delegate of the North Pacific exercises the greatest single voting power in the World Assembly. The way I vote as Delegate can be crucial, especially in the early stages of voting, in determining whether a proposal passes or fails. Minister Abacathea has done a fantastic amount of positive work in this area and has helped focus our regional WA voting power as much as possible.

Recently there have been a couple of controversial resolutions, or ones that have attracted significant attention, including Commend Harmoneia and Repeal: Liberate Nazi Europe. Because of the power we wield, our vote on such issues can be highly contested.

Because of this, and because of the important role in-game WA nations play in continuing to maintain our massive WA voting power, I have decided to change our voting policy. In order to cast a valid vote on WA resolutions, voters must either have a WA nation in The North Pacific or be actively serving in the North Pacific Army. This policy will reward those who use their WA nation to strengthen TNP, and encourage those interested in WA matters to serve the region.

To make this policy practical and efficient for Minister Abacathea, voters will be required to display their WA nation in their TNP nation profile field or to declare it with their vote (NPA members are exempt from this requirement).

McM.png

Delegate of the North Pacific

I Agree with the policy, but since forum members are not required to reveal their WA nation, how will you check whether those voting have a WA nation in TNP?

Treize_Dreizehn:
I'm actually pretty happy with that change. That said, I imagine it's still alright for us to post opinions?

Of course. I'd like to see the debates we have been having continue. When I can and if the author telegrams me I may invite them to come and visit the forum to discuss their proposal as well. I've enjoyed having Auralia, yourself and Mousebumples around discussing various proposals.

flemingovia:
I Agree with the policy, but since forum members are not required to reveal their WA nation, how will you check whether those voting have a WA nation in TNP?

In order for the vote to count, the person voting must either have their TNP nation in their profile field as their WA nation - or must disclose which nation in TNP is their WA nation alongside their ballot. As I said, members of the NPA are exempt from this requirement for security reasons.

Boo.

This punishes long-standing members of the region who are also active in other regions but is required to have their WA there for security purposes.

While I will miss not having a direct vote here, I consider myself to be fairly persuasive, when I want to be, and I'd hope that my words will continue to carry the weight they have previously, even though I don't have a WA nation in TNP, for obvious reasons. (*looks at WADship*)

Plus, overall, I think change in the best interests of TNP, ensuring that the WADs vote reflects that of individuals who consider TNP to be their primary home - and not just a place to try to affect WA votes by voting everywhere.

Back