Crown Prince: Charax
Jarls of Integration: Horse and Insenjar
Jarls of Foreign Affairs: Saeturn and Charax
Jarl of Defence: Denth Rowan
Jarl of WA Affairs: Reon

Wintreath is Born!
object_5718.jpg

Frosthold Castle, Central Wintreath

From atop an imposing stone wall on the south face of Frosthold Castle, King Inric I (AKA Wintermoot) declared that Wintreath was to become a Sovereign Region. After a tumultuous split from his former region of Spiritus, and much coaxing from close friends, it was decided that Wintreath would become a region of it's own right. In conversation with other long-term members such as Insenjar & Charax, the newly instated monarch made clear that the main aim of Wintreath was to be a community before a political unit, and made clear that friendship and loyalty would be traits valued above all others in the Wintermoot Regime.

A Message From The Monarch
dn-vik.jpg

King Inric the First

Salutations, friends! As Monarch of Wintreath, I'm thrilled to introduce you to the Orendi, our official foreign dispatch. Although our region is less than two months old, we have already made great progress in building our region, some of which you'll read about in this issue. In such a short time, we have started building a community, a government, a military, and relations with awesome regions like The North Pacific. We've catapulted from 0 to 350 nations, and we already have both people new and veteran to NationStates contributing to our region, even contributing to this very dispatch you are reading. I'm very proud of Wintreath and everyone that has worked to make this happen, and I believe this will be just the first of many dispatches reporting successes for Wintreath.

Citizens Corner
microphone-e1356590385460.jpg

The Citizens Corner Recording Studio

Citizens Corner is a regular feature where we in the Department of Foreign Affairs select a Citizen new to Wintreath, and allow them to opine on current affairs and activity within the region. The first Citizen to contribute to the feature is Routelairoux, and his work is here for you to view below.
Wintreath is still a fledging region at heart, but its potential for accomplishment shines through as its borders shift and expand day after day. As I write this article, 345 nations make our region the 32nd biggest region in the world, no doubt a great achievement for a region only a month old and eager to leave a mark of its own.

As delegate of a nation that has only been introduced to the NationStates world and its features, I can attest Wintreath is a deeply receptive region. Being home to a diverse host of nations that are willing to pay attention and listen to each other’s experiences, ideas and beliefs, the resulting ambient is one of open-mindedness and equality where everyone, old or new, is encouraged to get involved and does so.

At the Frosthold Castle, previously established nations work side by side with recently created ones in the region’s many pressing activities, such as the development and setting up of the governmental branches and the formation of the Hvitt Riddaral, our military. The Royal Academy of Wintreath also offers courses and tomes to help newcomers get familiarized with the many intricacies of both the region itself and NationStates as a whole.

Wintreath thrives on cooperation and hopes to be, more than a region, a community where development, growth and flourishing together is encouraged.

The News in Briefs
Briefs.jpg

Terrible Pun? Perhaps, but we're doing it anyway!
  • A Constitutional Convention is underway! At present, it has been decided that the document shall be titled the 'Fundamenal Laws'
  • The Foreign Affairs bureau is up and running! Under the guidance of Jarls Charax and Saeturn, Wintreath has established relations with some of the most awesome regions around, like yours, reading this now!
  • A Royal Wedding has taken place! Congratulations to Queen Consort Insenjar!
  • The Avatar theme for November was Ponies!
  • Elections for the lower house of the legislature now open!
  • Citizens Crya and Butterspring have opened a storefront project and RP respectively.
  • Wintreath's forum now supports Tapatalk!
  • A new forum theme, with a fabulous banner courtesy of Milograd.
Wintreath Turns Two! (Months)
273523377338059885yp8au01Oc.jpg

Wintreath at Two Months old. Artists Rendition.
Wintreath has recently passed its one month milestone as a region, and already contains over 300 nations. Our burgeoning region is now well on track to formalising the process of government and is in the midst of elections for the Unterhusen - the lower body in our bicameral electoral system. We look forward to many more months of growth and success, and look forward to sharing it with our diverse member nations. Progress has also rapidly been made into forming alliances and establishing embassies to keep Wintreath standing out from the crowd.

"Who knows what our destiny shall be? I guess we'll have to travel the path to find out."
Inric the First

Thank you for reading, on behalf of the Monarch,
His Royal Highness, Charax E. Romanov-Stark, Crown Prince of Wintreath.

Firstly, sorry for the phantom italics. This has had to be reformatted from SMF to ZetaBoards, and with this being my first update a few things have been lost in translation.

Also, sorry for not being all that active here, I've been squirrelling away on this. :(

That's okay. Thanks for sharing the update, I enjoyed reading it. I'm glad that Wintermoot has found a nice home for himself ^__________________^

Orendi II
Wintreath Foreign Update
wintreath__989071.png

Government of Wintreath
Monarch: Wintermoot
Crown Prince: Charax
Jarl of Integration: -vacant-
Jarl of Foreign Affairs: Charax
Jarl of Defence: Denth Rowan
Jarl of WA Affairs: Reon

Citizen’s Corner

microphone-e1356590385460.jpg

The Citizen's Corner Recording Studio

Citizen's Corner is a regular feature where we in the Department of Foreign Affairs select a Citizen new to Wintreath, and allow them to opine on current affairs and activity within the region. This month, our contributor is Weissreich, and here's what he has to say!

Well, December has come and gone and with it our proud region has turned 3 months old! Or so I'm told, I'm notoriously unreliable with dates.

Wintreath now consists of 355 forum members, and we're the 23rd largest on NationStates. This is a proud achievement for anyone, but we're especially proud of it considering the youthfulness of our region. All I can say on the matter is that Wintermoot must be doing something right...

With the actual mechanisms of government finally up and running, and the first Underhusen elected for the 2 month period, I have finally been able to sink my teeth into a little political thinking. The great thing about Wintreath is that it remains a gaming region, focused almost entirely on NS's warfare and the effective management of an in-game region, but despite that retains an element of role-play. This provides ample opportunity for everyone to have a little fun, and a great example of this is the Wintropolis - one of the first successful cultural activities that can be found on our forums here - http://wintreath.com/forums/index.php?board=28.0

Now that we're firmly established, everybody here is looking to the future - good links with other defender regions, lots of cake, a successful and thriving community on our forums, more cake if at all possible, and world domination. I kid, but seriously, you want an alliance, give us (see: me) cake!

Wintreath Holds Its First Elections!
free_vote_poster_med-e1327966518377.gif

Members of the Wintrean 'Funny Looking Hand Society' cast their votes for the Underhusen
After holding its very first elections in the month of November, Wintreath’s legislature, also known as the Storting, has opened this month. It is comprised of two chambers: the Underhusen, elected by the citizens, and the Overhusen, appointed by the Monarch himself.

Candidates took part in the FYI Asks the Candidates, a series of questions addressing issues that are or may become relevant in Wintreath or in NationStates in general so voters would be better informed when casting their ballots. The Election Hall was then opened for a week, and attendance was overwhelming as citizens chose their representatives from a list of seven. The First Underhusen is thus comprised by Denth Rowan, Chanku, Crya, Horse and Drexyl Nox, while Wintermoot, Charax and Butterspring are appointed to the Overhusen.

On our forums, The Citizens’ Plataform is open to all members of Wintreath to suggest and debate regional legislation and participation in it is encouraged.

Wintreath Ratifies Its Constitution!
15161335k18c.jpg

We looked for a less blatantly 'murica image. But honestly, not for very long.
On December 25th, the Constitution of Wintreath was ratified by the citizens via referendum and approved by the Monarch shortly afterwards. Named The Fundamental Laws of Wintreath, it is thusly in full effect and outlines not only the basic rights and protections to be provided to all citizens of the region but also the new government structure, one believed to be fairer, stronger and more dynamic.

The notion that a region flourishes best when authority is shared is distinctly noted and the Monarch swears to uphold, abide by and fiercely protect the government and every institution, law and right granted by the Fundamental Laws. The Approval of the Monarch can be read here (http://wintreath.com/forums/index.php?topic=342.0) and the Constitution itself can be read here (http://wintreath.com/forums/index.php?topic=341.0).

Wintreath Strikes Up Treaty With Lazarus!
HHTU1hm.png

"Look, we're not proud of this. Let's just do the news." - The Foreign Office of Wintreath
Wintreath is delighted and proud to announce its Storting has ratified a treaty with the esteemed region of Lazarus in early December, hoping to promote increased relations, cooperative efforts in military and shared cultural events and festivals between the two regions.

Wintreath and Lazarus have much in common: both have new governments, defender militaries in the process of improvement and place strong emphasis on creating and maintaining their own culture and regional activities.

As a region that has just started coming into its own, Wintreath believes that establishing and working to strengthen its ties with one of the largest, most relevant regions in NationStates will be of great benefit and interest for its own growth, and hopes that the attunement both regions already show is just the beginning of a long, solid, and most importantly, respectful relationship between Lazarus and Wintreath.

The full text of the treaty can be found at http://wintreath.com/forums/index.php?topic=281.0.

The News in Briefs
37fac18914cb2edc88726d2c80be4ca1.jpg

You know what they say about big hands... big news.

Thanks for reading!

Back