ARCHIVED: The Rook's Tale

Once upon a time there was a troll. This troll was young and his fur was of cobalt blue. He ruled a small kingdom called Dagondust, in The North Pacific. He was known throughout the region for his trollish ways, and the world had learned to despise him.

The people of dagondust lived in ignorance of the world outside their country. Hubris was to be their downfall. A raven came to Bluefur's window carrying a message from the frozen north. The news was Tim Stark is sending a force by sea to invade Dagondust. Bluefur paid no attention. Even when his military commanders burst in crying that Scandigradian troops are approaching the border, Bluefur did not listen.

I cannot describe the mayhem that ensued.

Grand Prince Jeikeu was in Dagondust, selling slaves, for he was an immoral ruler who belonged to a society where slavery was accepted. In the confusion of the siege of Tyler Kazakov City these slaves finally had their chance to escape, and they hoped that Scandigrad would grant them asylum.

Jeikeu cursed his luck because he had never been to these parts of The North Pacific before, and had the misfortune to be embroiled in a seige. Jeikeu headed back to his ship, but on his way he saw two crates. The first was marked Turnips and the second was marked Beets. Jeikeu loved turnips so decided to take the crate as consolation. Hark! Before he could take it, a madman leapt out of nowhere screaming "Broadswords at dawn!"

It wasn't dawn, but Jeikeu wasn't going to argue. He backed away from this insane gentleman, who was now tossing each turnip lovingly into his sack and preparing to make his exit. Jeikeu took the Beets and got straight out of there.

Jeikeu could hear F-16s were in the air, and the dagondustians shuffled around in silent confusion and ever-increasing panic.

The Grand Prince boarded the PJS Sophia and shouted orders to head due south and return to Coningsstowcliff-on-Wall.

Passing the combined Scandigradian-Timopolitan fleet from a distance he could not help thinking it was a tremendous co-operative effort. Then he noticed that the Beet crate actually contained a baby. Jeikeu was keen to expand the Desrosiers family so he adopted him without a second thought.

Like the beets, the baby had a barcode sticker, "produce of Babiana, The East Pacific". Babiana spent the next fifteen years growing up at the royal residence, Chateau Desrosiers, and the sea residence of Chateu le Mer, and the summers at the country estate of Le Cheval. He would make a point that he was no longer "a baby" and mustn't be called Babiana, insisting instead on being called Tabiana. Courtiers would insist that this is internationally regarded as a girl's name, and he's not a girl, but at least it doesn't sound like Baby.

Tabiana's childhood was spent in frustration that he didn't know where he really came from. This was tempered by eventually being able to claim suzerainty of Babiana, Chasmanthe, Sparaxis, and Geissorhiza, thus reaching through three pacifics plus a tolkienesque region.

Tragedy struck in Tabiana's first year in interregional politics, and he demanded to be removed from the list of Progressive Party members in The North Pacific, leading to an argument with the representative of Belschaft (another former regional party member) which left Tabiana emotionally scarred. Sparaxis was withdrawn from The South pacific in protest, and wiped off the map. It's not clear if this was an intimidation tactic or an act of national masochism.

Tension is building in The North Pacific once again. The government of Durkadurkiranistan II has fallen and the Federal Republic of Belschaft has swooped in to claim the country for itself.

St Petersburg, Novare Res.

Colonel Lee had just had a long journey over snowy mountains, and he'd finally reached the gates of the winter palace.

"I'm here from Chasmanthe, I need to see the Czar!"

There was no response. Lee looked curiously at the cossacks to see if they were awake. They stared silently at the chinese visitor.

Lee was used to being ignored but he had learnt not to waste time. "Look, I am working for the government of Chasmanthe. I've been asked to raise an army and I hear that Roman is an expert in horses. We lack horses in Chasmanthe, and the military is in need of development. With the proper consultation, we could be a force to be reckoned with. Chasmanthe sent me because I can learn anything."

There was still silence.

"You heard what is happening in dagondust. We need to use these years to prepare for future conflicts."

OOC: I did try that minister but it doesn't let me as I don't have permission to edit topic title.

OOC: Please can you move this topic to the drafting plane?

Thanks! :P

Back