Speaker Debate 2013 Logs

Speaker Debate 2013: The Shit Gets Real (Part I)​
Alvino Castillon: Now then, first question is from Johz. "Why are the candidates running, and what do they imagine that they'll have to give up to do this?"

Tim Stark: I'm running because I would like to help The North Pacific Regional Assembly become stronger and would like to become more involved in TNP and in helping it prosper. I'm running because I believe I'm the best candidate for Speaker. What I'm giving up would be my Minister of Foreign Affairs position, which is of course a pain. Other than that, definitely cutting a bit of time from other places to accomodate this new job.

Iro: First, thanks for the question Johz. I'm running because I think the Regional Assembly can be better, and I think I am the best person to run and make improvements to the RA. I have the organizational skills, the leadership, the work ethic, and the drive. In TNP, I may have to forfeit a bit of time from my judicial prosecuting. And from my general NationStates work all around. But I believe it's worth it for this job, and I believe it's worth it for The North Pacific. Thank you.

Govindia: Thank you for your question Mr. Johz, and I'd like to thank everyone here in this channel for reading this debate (including my fellow candidates), and thank you Alvino Castillon and Cormac for being moderators. I am running because I want to help improve The North Pacific Regional Assembly and given my experience as a Speaker, it would be very useful in this role. I serve no other position than Regional Assemblyman and Major in The North Pacific Army, so there would be no conflict. Thank you.

Crushing Our Enemies: I am running because The North Pacific's Regional Assembly, and particularly the job of Speaker, fascinates and attracts me. In my experience as a gameplayer, I've had the pleasure of seeing many RA members on the battlefield, both as allies and adversaries. Yet here, I see one and all working together to perpetuate a democratic system. As to what I will have to give up, there is no doubt that I will be less involved in Gameplay during a term as Speaker. The position of Speaker requires diligence and punctuality. I already find myself checking the TNP forum more often than the NS forum or the Black Hawks forum, and this is only the campaign! I imagine to execute the official duties of speaker, that pattern will continue and escalate. Lastly, I will have to give up my avatar, as it would naturally be unbefitting of a high-level government official to fly the flag of a foreign region. Great question, Johz!

Alvino Castillon: You now have 90 seconds to debate. Starting now.

[23:10:57] <+Iro> You call the RA a battlefield, COE?
[23:11:16] <+Iro> Do you believe it is that dramatic that you must fight tooth and nail for your opinion?
[23:11:29] <+COE> No, I was referring to the raiding/defending battlefield, where I have encountered many members of the TNP RA, both as allies and adversaries.
[23:11:38] <+Iro> Ah.
[23:11:46] <+COE> It was a comment regarding the incredible diversity of our region!
[23:11:49] <+COE> :)
[23:11:58] <+Iro> As a member of the R/D game
[23:12:17] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds.
[23:12:17] <+Iro> Do you believe you might be biased toward enemies that also express their opinion in the RA?
[23:12:21] <+COE> No.
06[23:12:33] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel.
[23:12:33] <+COE> Not at all, in fact. I will maintain appropriate neutrality.
[23:12:41] <+Gov> I am a Defender and I try to see both sides fairly, as I do so as a Libran.
[23:12:49] <@Alvino_Castillon> Finished.

Alvino Castillon: <Mall> Question for Candidates: If you were not running, which of the other candidates would you vote for?

COE: Thanks for the difficult question Mall. I would likely hold off on choosing a candidate until after the conclusion of the debate, as I am a newcomer to the region, and don’t know any of the candidates very well. I would wait and see how they perform in a debate setting before making a selection. Sorry for the cop out, but it’s the honest truth!

Gov: Mr. Mall, thank you for your question. If I was not running for Speaker, I would place my vote with Iro. I believe he seems to be the most fair, neutral, and objective person of all the candidates and I would trust him to fulfill the roles and responsibilities of Speaker of the Regional Assembly well.

Tim: Mall, Nice Question. Definitely made me think. If I was not running in this election, I would be voting for COE. Although he might be new to the region, I too was once a newcomer running for a high position and I can definitely relate. I think COE has the potential, the motivation, and the intelligence to be a successful Speaker of the Assembly and I would be voting for him were I not running.

Iro: Thanks, Mall. I applaud Gov and Tim for their brave straightforwardness, as this is not an easy question, especially publicly. I know it sucks to watch a candidate dodge an answer by playing the none-of-the-above card. But I will take the same position that McMasterdonia did when I asked him a similar question in his manifesto. He said he trusted the voters with their own decision, and that they shouldn't need the Delegate to choose for them. I don't wish to sway anyone. So I'll cop out. I trust the voters with their own decision. I know they do not need a candidate's help in picking.

[23:20:16] <+COE> Thanks Tim! Glad to know you would vote for me if you weren't running.
01[23:20:35] <+Tim> No problem, you've got what it takes :)
[23:20:35] <+Gov> Iro, I honestly think that if you were running and I wasn't, you'd make a great choice.
[23:20:46] <+Iro> Gov, that means a lot to me.
[23:20:51] <+Iro> Thank you as well.
[23:20:55] <+Gov> Hell if I somehow won this election I would like to have you as my Deputy.
06[23:20:56] * +COE group hugs!
06[23:21:01] * +Tim group hugs
06[23:21:05] * +Iro group hugs
06[23:21:06] * +Gov group hugs
[23:21:09] <+Iro> YAAAY!
01[23:21:10] <+Tim> o/
[23:21:14] <+Gov> o/
01[23:21:15] <+Tim> Anyways, next question eh?
[23:21:15] <+Iro> Mr. Moderator, I believe we're finished.
[23:21:20] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds for your... group hug?
[23:21:23] <@Alvino_Castillon> Or that.

Alvino Castillon: <Mall> For the candidates: What do you think is the single largest concern voters may have about you personally that prevents them from voting for you?

Iro: Mall, thanks again :P About me personally? I think people might be worried about my spam-edness and tendency to walk the line of the rules. However, I do not do such a thing in the government environment. I may have fun on IRC and in spam, and be crazy, but I challenge you to find one transcript of my doing so when work needs to be done. I take TNP seriously.

Tim: Personally? I think some people may worry that I might just be another UDLer looking to influence TNP. I guess both that and the Defender thing might play into it. The "Outside Allegiances" problem. There's not much that I can really do to prevent people from thinking this. I guess go with what you think. I'm not running for Speaker due to some outside influence. I'm running for Speaker to make the TNP RA a better place. So I guess, that's probably the biggest thing that people might have a problem with. I do assure TNP, though, that I'm not influenced by any outside groups with this Campaign. I'm running to make TNP better.

COE: Well, the glaringly obvious one is that I'm new to the region. I've only been here for about a month, and already I am asking the assembly to serve as their speaker. It's a big thing to ask of the voters, and it's not a request I take lightly. I wish to assure everyone that I have been watching this region and reading the forums for over a year, and I am quite familiar with RA procedure, the Legal Code, and the Constitution. I've seen several Speakers come and go, and I have observed what they did well, and what they could improve on. I hope that as everyone reads my platform, and watches my debate performance, that their worries about my short tenure here will be eased. It's part of the beauty of the TNP system that someone who’s been here for as short a time as I have is even allowed to run for Speaker, and it's one of the facets of North Pacific democracy that draws me so to this region.

Gov: Mr. Mall, thank you for that excellent question. I think the biggest concern people will have will be admittedly my personality that people aren't fully comfortable with. I will admit I am socially awkward, and it's been informally diagnosed that I may be high-functioning autistic or even have Asperger's Syndrome. I have been trying to improve, albeit slowly, but I treat any office role in NS as a job, and I can perform my job well and professionally, as I have been trained to do IRL as an engineer. Regardless of what people may think of me, I'm not doing this for fame, or power, but to help improve the region, and I feel that helping out in this area is one of my strong skillsets that I could bring to this role and to this region.

[23:31:13] <+Iro> Tim, you say that you will not let the outside influence your role.
01[23:31:17] <+Tim> Indeed.
[23:31:39] <+Iro> How can we be sure this is true when you completely deserted your post as WA Vice Delegate, during a TNP time of uncertainty, for an outside group?
[23:31:52] <+Iro> Dedication means staying through everything.
[23:31:59] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds.
[23:31:59] <+Iro> Not making one or two exceptions.
[23:32:04] <+Gov> Yes, if you can't even maintain the VD post, how can we be sure you will stay true to your duties?
01[23:32:05] <+Tim> I deserted my post for Vice out of my own choice.
01[23:32:10] <+Tim> UDL urged me not to.
01[23:32:16] <+Tim> I basically told them "fuck yall, I'm doing it"
06[23:32:19] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
[23:32:20] <+Iro> We're not here to talk about the UDL.
[23:32:23] <+Gov> Each office is a responsibility, regardless of wherever you are. If
[23:32:26] <@Alvino_Castillon> And now.
[23:32:29] <+Iro> The UDL is not running for Speaker.
[23:32:29] <@Alvino_Castillon> On to the next question.

Alvino Castillon: <mcmasterdonia> "As a citizen or government member, how have you attempted to promote unity and prosperity in The North Pacific?"

Gov: Thank you Mr. Delegate for that question. I have attempted to promote unity and prosperity by helping to support regional defence in joining the Army. I have also sided on many issues when it came to regional security, such as making sure our military stance is independent of any organisation, and that we control our own destiny, not UDL or FRA, etc. I have also supported initiatives to help improve the judiciary by voting in favour of the most recent bill. I hope that answers the question.

COE: I'm not sure unity is something we should all be working so hard to bring about, personally. If every RA vote were unanimous, it wouldn't be a very fun legislative process. I, for one, enjoy the diversity of opinion and background of The North Pacific, and the interesting contrasts it brings about. I celebrate the discourse found in the meeting chambers of the RA, because it means that democracy is alive and well. As Speaker, I can only hope to preside over such a "dis-unified" assembly.

Tim: I think that my largest amount of Promoting Unity was as Interim Delegate of TNP and as Vice Delegate of TNP. During that time, we were facing a Recall that was on the verge of tearing the region apart and a very annoying Telegrammer that was causing a large divide between the Forum and the Region. I believe that, in those positions, I managed to stand strong against the conflict and, with the help of others, hold TNP together in some form of unity. When we came out of the conflict, TNP was able to hit the ground running and keep going. I'd like to think that I helped it stick that landing.

Iro: Prosperity? Prosperity is a good government doing right for its citizens. I don't believe that's an issue currently for the region of this position. Unity is not necessarily agreeing on everything, but knowing we must work together to go forward and solve the issues that confront us. A Speaker shouldn't try to get everyone on one person's side, as COE said. A good Speaker works in part to promote activity and make sure that even if we are on multiple sides, multiple opinions, with a little mud flinging here and there, we are all The North Pacific. I hope under my control, the Regional Assembly can accept that, and we can run better than ever. Holding TNP completely together? That is multiple jobs, multiple factors. Killing all diversity and difference of opinion? Madness and idiocy. Holding what we do and how we work together is true unity. That completes my response.

[23:42:45] <+Iro> First, I would like to credit COE.
[23:42:52] <+Iro> My answer is partly due to building on his foundation
[23:43:05] <+Gov> Yes, COE and Iro speak true of what a Speaker should do.
[23:43:06] <+Iro> Partly :P THanks
[23:43:08] <+COE> Than you.
[23:43:11] <+COE> thank*
06[23:43:17] * +Tim nods
[23:43:42] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds...
[23:43:48] <+Gov> I don't think that the telgrammer issue that Tim described was as bad to the region as he put it. It was an annoying telegrammer, but people were not divisive about it.
06[23:44:03] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
[23:44:06] <+Gov> People quickly ignored him rather quickly, there was no disunity
01[23:44:09] <+Tim> The region and the forum were quite divided, Govindia.
[23:44:10] <@Alvino_Castillon> And on to the next question.

Alvino Castillon: <Koth> I'm going to ask the same question I asked in the COE v Tim debate: What are the candidates' opinions on how the RA tracks WA status? What would they do to change it if they believe the system is flawed?

Iro: I believe the RA's WA-tracking system is flawed right now in that we do not have the tools to actually track everyone's WA. Furthermore, the tools that we do have are flaunted by the Speaker and his staff's inability to actually process it. We're totally backlogged, more than we should reasonably be, thanks to human error. I know as Speaker I can put that part together. As to tracking dishonesty and unreliable sources, I can't say I have much experience in World Assembly security, but part of leadership is who you know. And I'll get back to you in a month with a great team and a full, accurate list.

Tim: I, personally, am not the biggest fan of the WA Tracking. Many members of TNP are involved with either Raiding or Defending and often have the need to keep an undisclosed World Assembly nation for days/weeks on end. Although the "Record Keeper" would, in theory, solve this; Most people in this game have some sort of allegiance to one side or another so I doubt it would be easy to find an unbiased Keeper. I would probably support an elimination of the system and the implementation of a much less intrusive system for tracking WAs. Of course, if an unbiased Keeper is able to be found then that is ideal. You will still have people refusing to disclose many of their switchers, etc, though, so I don't believe the system will be the most effective even with a good Keeper.

COE: As I've said before, I don't really see the point of tracking members' WA nations, as we have good security measures in place besides that. Furthermore, in the absence of a trustworthy Registrar of Confidential puppets, it borders on voter suppression for those who wish to keep their WA puppet confidential, or who change puppets frequently. As Speaker, I would make sure to appoint a Registrar that assembly members would trust to keep their puppets confidential. However, I would be in favor of measures to eliminate that requirement altogether. As Speaker, I would not be proposing any legislation or voting Aye or Nay on any bill at vote, however. The choice to eliminate that membership requirement would be in the hands of the rest of the RA.

Gov: Thank you Koth for your question. The WA system that's being used is very flawed and is not fully accountable of each person's WA. The only real way to track each person's WA is when they actually first report it, then utilise some form of script to have it noted when they resign out of the WA., and then put that tracker on any new WA that pops up. This will be a cumbersome process, but it will get done somehow. Now personally, I would eventually want to wean out the system where the only people that are required to have a WA in the RA are Security Council members and possibly cabinet members. Personally there is no need otherwise to have a WA listed. It's nice, but it's not really needed.

[23:52:03] <+COE> Gov, I don't think your "only real way" to track each person’s WA would actually work. Sometimes, people switch very close to each other, and you would not be able to tell who owned each new WA nation.
[23:52:03] <+Gov> Tim, your response was a direct copy paste from the COE v. Tim debate. I looked at the log.
[23:52:08] <+Iro> Indeed.
01[23:52:27] <+Tim> Yes it was.
01[23:52:31] <+Tim> It hasn't changed.
[23:52:33] <+Iro> Tim, how can you be so confident in your platform if you must take it from yourself?
[23:52:39] <+Gov> Can you really actually give a response without just copy-pasting? Some of us actually thought for a bit for our responses.
01[23:52:47] <+Tim> Of course, I thought quite a bit back then.
01[23:52:52] <+Tim> I added parts now, that would be relevant.
[23:52:56] <+Gov> and some of us actually care enough about the region and the position to write original responses.
06[23:52:58] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
[23:53:02] <@Alvino_Castillon> Excuse me.
[23:53:02] <+Iro> Dammit
[23:53:11] <@Alvino_Castillon> But I'm going to ask that we settle down a bit.
[23:53:11] <+Iro> Is this time or civility?
[23:53:12] <+Gov> unlike you who abandoned the VD post so soon.
[23:53:14] <@Alvino_Castillon> Civility.
[23:53:15] <+Iro> Wait
[23:53:15] <@Alvino_Castillon> GOV.
[23:53:16] <+Iro> OK
[23:53:18] <+Iro> In that case
[23:53:22] <@Alvino_Castillon> Civility please.
[23:53:23] <+Gov> Sorry sir, just saw that.
[23:53:24] <@Alvino_Castillon> Continue.
06[23:53:25] * +Tim sits back
[23:53:31] <+Iro> COE, you said you didn't like the registrar's job and that procedure.
[23:53:37] <+Iro> That's totally fine, I suppose.
[23:53:46] <+Iro> What is not fine is not actually giving an alternative.
[23:54:00] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds.
[23:54:00] <+Gov> Part of being Speaker COE is a lot of documentation and record-keeping. It's not fun work but it needs to be done in an efficient and effective manner.
[23:54:02] <+COE> I like the idea of having a registrar in the current legal system, but I think it would be better to eliminate WA tracking altogehter.
[23:54:07] <+Iro> If you're going to knock on the system, you should have something better in mind.
01[23:54:18] <+Tim> Govindia, is there something wrong with posting what I already thought about?
[23:54:19] <+COE> We already have other measures in place to prevent double voting.
06[23:54:20] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
[23:54:21] <+Iro> Otherwise you're just criticizing for the sake of criticising?
01[23:54:22] <+Tim> I already put thought into it.
[23:54:24] <+COE> Tracking WA is unnecessary
[23:54:27] <@Alvino_Castillon> Time has elapsed.
[23:54:40] <+Iro> What will be better?
[23:54:45] <@Alvino_Castillon> We do have one more question to get to...
[23:54:46] <+Iro> These are necessary things
[23:54:49] <@Alvino_Castillon> And then some unseriou-
[23:54:50] <@Alvino_Castillon> Iro.
[23:54:54] <+Iro> Sorry
[23:55:01] <@Alvino_Castillon> And then some unserios ones.

Speaker Debate 2013: The Shit Gets Real (Part II)​

Alvino Castillon: <Juris_MythiKa> Question: In recent past, the Speaker position has had to deal with differing views on how voting within the RA should be conducted. If you were to become Speaker, what rules would use, and how strict will you be with them?

COE: As speaker, I would require that all votes be posted in plain black text of an appropriate size, with no embellishment. I have dedicated a third of my platform to explaining why. In essence, the only reason for someone to embellish their vote, be it Aye or Nay, would be to show how enthusiastic they are about voting, which could be motivated by a desire to influence the votes of other assemblymen. Frankly, the voting thread is not the place for that. I would have no problem with rich text in the debate thread, so long as the whole post is not overly garish. But the voting thread is for recording votes – no other purpose. If a member embellished his vote, he would find it quickly suppressed, followed by a PM explaining that if he did not edit his post into compliance with rules of decorum, his vote would not be counted.

Gov: Thank you JM for your question. I believe the current rules are fair in how the Speaker separates voting from discussion, and how finally we now can choose to vote "Abstain" if we wish, instead of Aye or Nay (or their equivalents). I believe the timeframe for each vote is very generous and fair, as most regions finish voting in about 72 hours on average. I will make sure that people do not vote improperly, or put any extra debate in their voting responses. IF they do it will be discounted and removed. I will also make sure that votes are posted properly in a readable, sensible font without any sensationalism or drama-mongering. There are clear and explicit rules and they should be followed. If people have an issue with how I would run things, they may certainly take me to court, but I will follow the law.

Iro: Thanks, Juris, for the question :) Frankly, I'd prefer we be real about this. Everyone in this room is tired of hearing about the formatting and the additional comments and the Speaker's discounting. We are a Regional Assembly. Our members should know better than how they've been acting. Some embellishments, maybe, will be on the line. Personally, I'm not in favor of them. But whatever we agree on, I will put it into place and keep it there. We know the formatting and commenting rules. We've been going through them time and time again. Please, just end this. I will end it firmly. This is no longer a question of listing the right protocol. If you try to keep doing that, like COE did, you're not being real about the issue that it keeps coming up. Plain black text, regular size, no comments. We don't need to try to look smarter than we are by going into the specifics. We don't need to waste time, because everyone has the "right", the opinion of order.

Tim: Thanks for the Question, Juris. As speaker, I would requre decorum to be observed which would be plain black without any extra enhancements. Personally, I believe that one exclamation point is acceptable. Any more than that can become distracting and could potentially influence the votes of others. No extra comments would be tolerated, either. It's a voting thread, not a Debate thread. if someone would like to debate the proposal then they can do that in the Debate thread. Any violating posts would be supressed and discounted, with a PM sent to the Voter. Decorum should be followed and will be followed. As for Speaker Neutrality/Current Voting/Timeframe, I think all of them are being done admirably right now and I would aspire to do them just as well as the Speakers before me.

[00:05:25] <+Gov> This is simple. Keep the discussion out of the voting threads. If you want to speak on a soapbox, please speak in the discussion thread, because that's what it is there for.
[00:05:30] <+COE> Three minutes. Wow
01[00:05:35] <+Tim> That's quite a bit.
[00:05:38] <+COE> Also, in my response, I said “suppress,” but I meant “spoiler,” obviously. :)
[00:05:43] <+Iro> Do we really need everything?
01[00:05:45] <+Tim> Similar things, COE.
01[00:05:50] <+Tim> We're Gameplayers, afterall ;)
[00:05:52] <+Iro> I know this is just a continuation of my response.
[00:05:52] <@Alvino_Castillon> Indeed... if there's a general consensus to move on, let me know.
[00:05:54] <+COE> haha, yes.
[00:06:01] <+Iro> Um, yeah, probably better to move on.
01[00:06:02] <+Tim> Supress is a Spoiler for us :P
01[00:06:08] <+Tim> Indeed. Let's move on?
01[00:06:12] <+Tim> We have fun questions now, right? :D
[00:06:17] <+Iro> Sure.
[00:06:17] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE, Gov?
[00:06:17] <+COE> Unless gov objects
[00:06:17] <+COE> I'm cool
[00:06:20] <+Gov> sure
[00:06:30] <@Alvino_Castillon> One more serious one... I really wanted to squeeze it in.

Alvino Castillon: Now... this comes from an Anonymous source, which we will call Mr. Banana. Do you think that Forum Administration has been able to keep up with demand recently? Do you feel that they are taking the necessary steps in making sure people behave appropriately on the forum?

Iro: Things happen on the forum. The admins deal with it. Could punishments be doled out differently? Yes. Could admins take a different approach to their work? Yes. Will any of this actually affect what goes on in TNP Regional Government? Hell no. Is there a drastic situation? Hell no. If we have individual suggestions, then put them there. Otherwise, the admins work how they work and I'm currently fairly fine with it. That concludes my response, and my portion of the debate.

Tim: Starting first with what is most relevant to this discussion, IP checks. I do not think that our Administration Team has been on top of them as fast as particularly wanted. In this area, I don't think they've been able to keep up with the demand. Security Checks really don't take that long, and I don't think that some of the multiple day waits that we've had should be happening. I think this part is very important, since RA Masking directly involves the Speaker and the Speaker's job. For the second part, no. I don't believe that the Administration and Moderation teams have been succesfully enforcing proper behavior. I, personally, am fairly dissapointed that there are individuals who seem to be able to get away with more than others regarding warnings, etc. This is on both sides of the fairly well known Moderation conflict within TNP, not just one.

Gov: I believe, honestly, that Forum Administration needs more help, and needs more mods and Admins. As for ensuring people are behaving appropriately, I believe some people have gotten away with a lot of things than they should have, and are not being punished appropriately, as recently has been witnessed with the recent verbal attacks that people have been going against me with little punishment, if any, to them. However, I will hope and trust that if I see any misbehaviour as Speaker in the RA, I will isolate their posts and call attention to what they said and did. I did so as Associate Justice when at least two people were out of line in various threads, including a court thread, and I will do so as Speaker. I am a firm believer of Justice, Law, and Order, and when it comes to official business, there needs to be a reasonable level of decorum.

COE: TNP is a hard forum to administer. The masks are complicated, the sub-forums are legion, and there are lots of things that need administrator attention to get done. Considering all that, I think the admin team has been doing pretty well, overall. Yeah, security checks back up, and that needs to change. As Speaker, I would be in near constant communication administrators to ensure that none of the RA applications go unnoticed. Other admin requests can sometimes take longer than we would like, as well. I think if they could take a few things off their plate, or add an administrator to the team, it might go a little more smoothly. Tim’s idea about adding an autotool to allow the Speaker to remask approved RA members is definitely worth considering, for instance. I won't comment on appropriate behavior, because that's really more of a moderation issue than administration.

[00:18:12] <+COE> Oh, and when I said "administer" I clearly meant "administrate" haha
01[00:18:12] <+Tim> COE, thanks for the compliment regarding my idea :)
[00:18:17] <+COE> It's a good one
06[00:18:20] * +Tim nods
[00:18:35] <+Gov> It's not a matter of doing IP checks. They need more people to help out with them, and maintain order.
01[00:18:51] <+Tim> I've done IP checks. They take 10 minutes or so, at most.
[00:18:59] <+Gov> At least two or three of our admins are unavailable due to RL issues, and that leaves us with a short staff.
01[00:19:02] <+Tim> The most I've had it take is one hour, and that was for a special case.
01[00:19:12] <+Tim> I think that we should have Admins checking the applications daily.
[00:19:15] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds remaining.
01[00:19:16] <+Tim> If they're not already
[00:19:18] <+Gov> Even still, doign that for multiple people takes time.
[00:19:22] <+COE> IP checks are quick. I just think some are slipping through the cracks. And then, when three or four back up, it's hard to get motivated to do them all at once.
[00:19:24] <+Gov> and people have lives outside the game.
[00:19:29] <+Gov> and jobs.
01[00:19:31] <+Tim> People chose to be Admins.
[00:19:34] <+COE> As long as admins notice the applications, I don't think we should have a problem.
06[00:19:36] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel

Alvino Castillon: OE: "What's your favorite genre of music, and why?"

Gov: I like almost all forms of music, with the exception of country and dubstep. My favourite genres are rock, metal, and video game music in that order. They make me more energetic and fired up, and when I'm working on stuff, it keeps me more focused.

Tim: Punk Rock. What can I say, I grew up with it. While kids my age were listening to Mr. Rogers, I was jamming along to Green Day. It also generally has the most meaning behind the music, from what I have found. I dig the meaning, man. Other than that's I'll listen to Alt. Rock, Indie, and some Electronica. Really not a fan of Country.

COE: I’m usually a classic rock kinda guy, but lately I’ve really been digging some Reggae Fusion. Something about it just really gets me in the groove, especially on long car trips.

Alvino Castillon: A number of people asked this one: What the fuck was the hug for?

COE: I dunno. Everyone was complimenting each others ideas, and I guess I got caught up in the moment.

Tim: Man, we were in the moment. You gotta show some unity with your fellow running mates. What the fuck wasn't the hug for. It was for Comradery. For Unity. To show that, man we're all some fine ass candidates. That's all from me.

Gov: The hug to me represented that while we may disagree, we still are fellow colleagues and TNP citizens, and that's what counts. To show that we can still be awesome and have fun in this debate. That to me is what's been lacking in any debate, RL or otherwise. FUN.

Alvino Castillon: Final question of the night. If you were any magical fruit, what fruit would you be and why?

[me]and Cormac Crawley suddenly and totally epicly fight off what becomes a riot, banject Egg McMuffins from the rest of the Debate, and bake a pie flavored pie.

Alvino Castillon: <Mall> HOW LONG IS YOUR PHALLUS

Gov: Big enough for me to know, and for you to find out.

COE:
B===============================================================================================================================================================================================================D
If anyone's screen isn't wide enough to read that, I apologize

Tim:
D===================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================D
I hope that is sufficient.

[CENSORED DUE TO GRAPHIC NATURE OF FOLLOWING QUESTION AND RESPONSE]

Alvino Castillon: Finally, this is my personal question: If you saw Slenderman and you were all alone in a field, what would YOU do?

COE: Dig. That is all.

Gov: Create a bunker and booby trap the front entrance.

Tim: I AM Slenderman. So if I saw you in a Field, I would suggest you run.

Alvino Castillon: ... I'm sorry, but you were ALL wrong! The correct answer is, give him twenty dollars! Thanks for playing Candidates! Tune in next time for another exciting Debate!

I would like to personally thank Iro, Govindia, Tim Stark, and Crushing Our Enemies for taking time to join me for this debate. I wish them the best of luck in this upcoming election.

03[22:59:38] * Alvino_Castillon sets mode: +m
[22:59:50] <@Alvino_Castillon> And WELCOME, to the Speaker Debates!
06[23:00:01] * +COE steps to microphone and straightens bow tie
[23:00:02] <@Alvino_Castillon> To go quick...
[23:00:04] <+Gov> Alvino_Castillon, just a warning, if I go offline in an hour, it's because my computer had to automatically restart
[23:00:22] <@Alvino_Castillon> Any person who wants to ask a question can query me a message.
[23:00:23] <@Alvino_Castillon> Does everyone understand the rules?
[23:00:23] <+Iro> Including candidates?
[23:00:28] <@Alvino_Castillon> No. :P
[23:00:34] <+Gov> Yes, I understand.
01[23:00:34] <+Tim> Rules?
[23:00:36] <+Iro> Oh.
01[23:00:36] <+Tim> Speak the Rules
[23:00:41] <@Alvino_Castillon> Certainly.
[23:00:49] <@Alvino_Castillon> Each candidate will get a chance to respond to a question.
[23:01:10] <@Alvino_Castillon> Then, there will be a ninety second open forum period for discussion, in which the candidates will get to respond.
[23:01:26] <@Alvino_Castillon> Should any snarkiness come up, Cormac will devoice you.
[23:01:30] <@Alvino_Castillon> Three times and you're out of the Debate.
[23:01:36] <+Iro> Moderator, are there any limitations, time or characters, on the first response to a question?
[23:02:18] <@Alvino_Castillon> Good question, and there will be I'd say a 200 word limit.
[23:02:26] <@Alvino_Castillon> To keep time moving, since we only seem to have an hour.
[23:02:41] <@Alvino_Castillon> Without further ado, let's begin
06[23:02:50] * +Iro nods and smiles dazzlingly
[23:03:01] <+COE> If I understand correctly, Gov's absence in an hour will be temporary, and he could return to the channel after a short time
[23:03:08] <@Alvino_Castillon> The order for answering this question will be Tim, then Iro, then Gov, and finally COE
[23:03:09] <+Gov> Yes.
[23:03:13] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim will be leaving though.
[23:03:19] <+COE> Ah
[23:03:19] <+Gov> Ah.
[23:03:22] <+Iro> Ah
[23:03:30] <@Alvino_Castillon> If the other candidates want to stay, then I'll be happy to continue.
[23:03:36] <@Alvino_Castillon> Now then, first question is from Johz.
01[23:03:36] <+Tim> I'd like this debate to go as fast as possible, but can stick around until later probably.
[23:03:43] <+Iro> Great.
[23:03:47] <@Alvino_Castillon> "Why are the candidates running, and what do they imagine that they'll have to give up to do this?"
[23:03:54] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim, your go.
01[23:05:15] <+Tim> I'm running because I would like to help The North Pacific Regional Assembly become stronger and would like to become more involved in TNP and in helping it prosper. I'm running because I believe I'm the best candidate for Speaker. What I'm giving up would be my Minister of Foreign Affairs position, which is of course a pain. Other than that, definitely cutting a bit of time from other places to accomodate this new job.
01[23:05:34] <+Tim> If I cut off anywhere, please poke me about it.
[23:05:47] <@Alvino_Castillon> I don't think you have... "this new job." was that last part?
01[23:05:55] <+Tim> Indeed.
[23:06:01] <@Alvino_Castillon> Alright then.
[23:06:11] <@Alvino_Castillon> Iro?
[23:06:20] <+Iro> First, thanks for the question Johz.
[23:06:53] <+Iro> I'm running because I think the Regional Assembly can be better, and I think I am the best person to run and make improvements to the RA.
[23:07:05] <+Iro> I have the organizational skills, the leadership, the work ethic, and the drive.
[23:07:28] <+Iro> In TNP, I may have to forfeit a bit of time from my judicial prosecuting.
[23:07:38] <+Iro> And from my general NationStates work all around.
[23:08:01] <+Iro> But I believe it's worth it for this job, and I believe it's worth it for The North Pacific.
[23:08:17] <+Iro> Thank you.
06[23:08:25] * @Alvino_Castillon nods
[23:08:29] <@Alvino_Castillon> Gov, your turn.
[23:08:37] <+Gov> Thank you for your question Mr. Johz, and I'd like to thank everyone here in this channel for reading this debate (including my fellow candidates), and thank you Alvino_Castillon and Cormac for being moderators. I am running because I want to help improve The North Pacific Regional Assembly and given my experience as a Speaker, it would be very useful in
[23:08:42] <+Gov> ..this role.
[23:09:00] <@Alvino_Castillon> Is that the entirety of your answer?
[23:09:13] <+Gov> I serve no other position than Regional Assemblyman and Major in The North Pacific Army, so there would be no conflict.
[23:09:23] <+Gov> Thank you.
[23:09:33] <@Alvino_Castillon> Finally, COE.
[23:09:36] <+COE> I am running because The North Pacific's Regional Assembly, and particularly the job of Speaker, fascinates and attracts me. In my experience as a gameplayer, I've had the pleasure of seeing many RA members on the battlefield, both as allies and adversaries. Yet here, I see one and all working together to perpetuate a democratic system. As to what I will have
[23:09:42] <+COE> to give up, there is no doubt that I will be less involved in Gameplay during a term as Speaker. The position of Speaker requires diligence and punctuality. I already find myself checking the TNP forum more often than the NS forum or the Black Hawks forum, and this is only the campaign! I imagine to execute the official duties of speaker, that pattern will
[23:09:43] <+COE> continue and escalate. Lastly, I will have to give up my avatar, as it would naturally be unbefitting of a high-level government official to fly the flag of a foreign region. Great question, Johz!
[23:09:53] <+COE> 161 words, if anyone's counting ;)
[23:10:09] <+COE> That concludes my answer.
[23:10:21] <@Alvino_Castillon> Thank you for your answers Candidates.
[23:10:33] <@Alvino_Castillon> You now have 90 seconds to debate.
[23:10:40] <@Alvino_Castillon> Starting now.
[23:10:57] <+Iro> You call the RA a battlefield, COE?
[23:11:16] <+Iro> Do you believe it is that dramatic that you must fight tooth and nail for your opinion?
[23:11:29] <+COE> No, I was referring to the raiding/defending battlefield, where I have encountered many members of the TNP RA, both as allies and adversaries.
[23:11:38] <+Iro> Ah.
[23:11:46] <+COE> It was a comment regarding the incredible diversity of our region!
[23:11:49] <+COE> :)
[23:11:58] <+Iro> As a member of the R/D game
[23:12:17] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds.
[23:12:17] <+Iro> Do you believe you might be biased toward enemies that also express their opinion in the RA?
[23:12:21] <+COE> No.
06[23:12:33] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel.
[23:12:33] <+COE> Not at all, in fact. I will maintain appropriate neutrality.
[23:12:41] <+Gov> I am a Defender and I try to see both sides fairly, as I do so as a Libran.
[23:12:49] <@Alvino_Castillon> Finished.
[23:12:54] <@Alvino_Castillon> Onto the next question!
[23:13:04] <@Alvino_Castillon> <Mall> Question for Candidates: If you were not running, which of the other candidates would you vote for?
[23:13:17] <+Iro> :)
[23:13:19] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE, your answer first.
[23:13:29] <+Iro> What?
[23:13:33] <+Iro> Excuse me?
06[23:13:46] * +Tim shushes Iro
[23:14:05] <+Gov> Mr. Moderator: Point of Order. I thought the order was Tim, Iro, myself, then COE ?
[23:14:13] <@Alvino_Castillon> I'm changing the order.
[23:14:16] <+Iro> Fair.
[23:14:19] <@Alvino_Castillon> Each candidate will go first once.
01[23:14:21] <+Tim> I believe he's changing it each time to make it fair.
01[23:14:25] <+Tim> Yeah, that.
[23:14:26] <+Iro> Agreed.
[23:14:28] <+Gov> Fair enough.
[23:14:38] <+Iro> COE?
[23:15:27] <+COE> Thanks for the difficult question Mall. I would likely hold off on choosing a candidate until after the conclusion of the debate, as I am a newcomer to the region, and don’t know any of the candidates very well. I would wait and see how they perform in a debate setting before making a selection. Sorry for the cop out, but it’s the honest truth!
[23:15:34] <+COE> That concludes my answer.
[23:15:41] <@Alvino_Castillon> Gov, your response.
[23:15:44] <+Gov> Mr. Mall, thank you for your question. If I was not running for Speaker, I would place my vote with Iro. I believe he seems to be the most fair, neutral, and objective person of all the candidates and I would trust him to fulfil the roles and responsibilities of Speaker of the Regional Assembly well.
[23:16:34] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim, your response please?
01[23:17:20] <+Tim> Mall, Nice Question. Definitely made me think. If I was not running in this election, I would be voting for COE. Although he might be new to the region, I too was once a newcomer running for a high position and I can definitely relate. I think COE has the potential, the motivation, and the intelligence to be a successful Speaker of the Assembly and I would be voting for him were I not running.
01[23:17:25] <+Tim> That concludes my answer.
[23:17:35] <@Alvino_Castillon> Finally, Iro.
[23:17:43] <+Iro> Thanks, Mall. I applaud Gov and Tim for their brave straightforwardness, as this is not an easy question, especially publicly.
[23:18:18] <+Iro> I know it sucks to watch a candidate dodge an answer by playing the none-of-the-above card.
[23:18:42] <+Iro> But I will take the same position that McMasterdonia did when I asked him a similar question in his manifesto.
[23:19:04] <+Iro> He said he trusted the voters with their own decision, and that they shouldn't need the Delegate to choose for them.
[23:19:12] <+Iro> I don't wish to sway anyone.
[23:19:15] <+Iro> So I'll cop out.
06[23:19:26] * @Alvino_Castillon nods
[23:19:38] <+Iro> I trust the voters with their own decision. I know they do not need a candidate's help in picking.
[23:19:44] <+Iro> That concludes my answer.
[23:20:03] <@Alvino_Castillon> Now then, 90 seconds to discuss those answers in some way.
[23:20:06] <@Alvino_Castillon> Go.
[23:20:16] <+COE> Thanks Tim! Glad to know you would vote for me if you weren't running.
01[23:20:35] <+Tim> No problem, you've got what it takes :)
[23:20:35] <+Gov> Iro, I honestly think that if you were running and I wasn't, you'd make a great choice.
[23:20:46] <+Iro> Gov, that means a lot to me.
[23:20:51] <+Iro> Thank you as well.
[23:20:55] <+Gov> Hell if I somehow won this election I would like to have you as my Deputy.
06[23:20:56] * +COE group hugs!
06[23:21:01] * +Tim group hugs
06[23:21:05] * +Iro group hugs
06[23:21:06] * +Gov group hugs
[23:21:09] <+Iro> YAAAY!
01[23:21:10] <+Tim> o/
[23:21:14] <+Gov> o/
01[23:21:15] <+Tim> Anyways, next question eh?
[23:21:15] <+Iro> Mr. Moderator, I believe we're finished.
[23:21:20] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds for your... group hug?
[23:21:23] <@Alvino_Castillon> Or that.
01[23:21:27] <+Tim> xP
[23:21:32] <+Gov> XD
[23:21:35] <@Alvino_Castillon> On then, to the next question.
[23:21:42] <+Iro> :)
06[23:22:08] * +Gov takes a sip of his water
[23:22:20] <@Alvino_Castillon> <Mall> For the candidates: What do you think is the single largest concern voters may have about you personally that prevents them from voting for you?
[23:22:32] <@Alvino_Castillon> Iro, you'll go first.
[23:22:39] <+Iro> Cool.
[23:22:42] <+Iro> Mall, thanks again :P
[23:22:56] <+Iro> About me personally?
[23:23:14] <@Alvino_Castillon> Yes.
[23:23:15] <+Iro> I think people might be worried about my spam-edness and tendency to walk the line of the rules.
[23:23:29] <+Iro> However, I do not do such a thing in the government environment.
[23:24:00] <+Iro> I may have fun on IRC and in spam, and be crazy, but I challenge you to find one transcript of my doing so when work needs to be done.
[23:24:01] <+Iro> I take TNP seriously.
[23:24:07] <+Iro> That concludes my answer.
[23:24:43] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim, your response.
01[23:26:08] <+Tim> Personally? I think some people may worry that I might just be another UDLer looking to influence TNP. I guess both that and the Defender thing might play into it. The "Outside Allegiances" problem. There's not much that I can really do to prevent people from thinking this.
01[23:26:10] <+Tim> I guess go with what you think. I'm not running for Speaker due to some outside influence. I'm running for Speaker to make the TNP RA a better place. So I guess, that's probably the biggest thing that people might have a problem with. I do assure TNP, though, that I'm not influenced by any outside groups with this Campaign
01[23:26:41] <+Tim> I'm running to make TNP better.
01[23:26:48] <+Tim> That concludes my answer.
[23:27:01] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE, your response?
[23:27:28] <+COE> Well, the glaringly obvious one is that I'm new to the region. I've only been here for about a month, and already I am asking the assembly to serve as their speaker. It's a big thing to ask of the voters, and it's not a request I take lightly. I wish to assure everyone that I have been watching this region and reading the forums for over a year, and I am
[23:27:35] <+COE> quite familiar with RA procedure, the Legal Code, and the Constitution. I've seen several Speakers come and go, and I have observed what they did well, and what they could improve on. I hope that as everyone reads my platform, and watches my debate performance, that their worries about my short tenure here will be eased. It’s part of the beauty of the TNP
[23:27:36] <+COE> system that someone who's been here for as short a time as I have is even allowed to run for Speaker, and it's one of the facets of North Pacific democracy that draws me so to this region.
[23:27:43] <+COE> That concludes my answer.
[23:27:56] <@Alvino_Castillon> And finally, Gov?
[23:28:05] <+Gov> Mr. Mall, thank you for that excellent question. I think the biggest concern people will have will be admittedly my personality that people aren't fully comfortable with. I will admit I am socially awkward, and it's been informally diagnosed that I may be high-functioning autistic or even have Asperger's Syndrome. I have been trying to improve, (cont.)
[23:29:33] <+Gov> albeit slowly, but I treat any office role in NS as a job, and I can perform my job well and professionally, as I have been trained to do IRL as an engineer. Regardless of what people may think of me, I'm not doing this for fame, or power, but to help improve the region, and I feel that helping out in this area is one of my strong skillsets that I could ...
[23:29:45] <+Gov> bring to this role and to this region. That concludes my response.
[23:30:24] <@Alvino_Castillon> I will give the Candidates 90 seconds.
[23:30:25] <@Alvino_Castillon> A reminder...
03[23:30:45] * mcmasterdonia|afk is now known as mcmasterdonia|thinksgovhasdisa
[23:30:46] <@Alvino_Castillon> Let's make sure to remain civil.
[23:30:49] <@Alvino_Castillon> Go.
[23:30:53] <+Iro> Thanks Alvino :)
03[23:30:54] * mcmasterdonia|thinksgovhasdisa is now known as mcmasterdonia
[23:31:13] <+Iro> Tim, you say that you will not let the outside influence your role.
01[23:31:17] <+Tim> Indeed.
[23:31:39] <+Iro> How can we be sure this is true when you completely deserted your post as WA Vice Delegate, during a TNP time of uncertainty, for an outside group?
[23:31:52] <+Iro> Dedication means staying through everything.
[23:31:59] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds.
[23:31:59] <+Iro> Not making one or two exceptions.
[23:32:04] <+Gov> Yes, if you can't even maintain the VD post, how can we be sure you will stay true to your duties?
01[23:32:05] <+Tim> I deserted my post for Vice out of my own choice.
01[23:32:10] <+Tim> UDL urged me not to.
01[23:32:16] <+Tim> I basically told them "fuck yall, I'm doing it"
06[23:32:19] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
[23:32:20] <+Iro> We're not here to talk about the UDL.
[23:32:23] <+Gov> Each office is a responsibility, regardless of wherever you are. If
[23:32:26] <@Alvino_Castillon> And now.
[23:32:29] <+Iro> The UDL is not running for Speaker.
[23:32:29] <@Alvino_Castillon> On to the next question.
[23:32:36] <@Alvino_Castillon> No more last words.
[23:32:39] <+Iro> Sorry, Moderator. Continue.
06[23:32:43] * @Alvino_Castillon nods
[23:33:01] <@Alvino_Castillon> <mcmasterdonia> "As a citizen or government member, how have you attempted to promote unity and prosperity in The North Pacific?"
[23:33:11] <@Alvino_Castillon> Gov, you will go first.
[23:34:23] <+Gov> Thank you Mr. Delegate for that question. I have attempted to promote unity and prosperity by helping to support regional defence in joining the Army. I have also sided on many issues when it came to regional security, such as making sure our military stance is independent of any organisation, and that we control our own destiny, not UDL or FRA, etc. (cont.
03[23:34:26] * OE is now known as OE|BecomeFeralOnceMore
03[23:34:34] * OE|BecomeFeralOnceMore is now known as OE
[23:35:17] <+Gov> I have also supported initiatives to help improve the judiciary by voting in favour of the most recent bill
[23:35:30] <+Gov> I hope that answers the question.
[23:35:41] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE, your response.
05[23:36:52] -Kingborough- no lurking in army channels D:
[23:37:11] <+COE> I'm not sure unity is something we should all be working so hard to bring about, personally. If every RA vote were unanimous, it wouldn't be a very fun legislative process. I, for one, enjoy the diversity of opinion and background of The North Pacific, and the interesting contrasts it brings about. I celebrate the discourse found in the meeting chambers of
[23:37:12] <+COE> the RA, because it means that democracy is alive and well. As Speaker, I can only hope to preside over such a "dis-unified" assembly. ?
[23:37:14] <+COE> :)
[23:37:45] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim, your response?
01[23:39:17] <+Tim> I think that my largest amount of Promoting Unity was as Interim Delegate of TNP and as Vice Delegate of TNP. During that time, we were facing a Recall that was on the verge of tearing the region apart and a very annoying Telegrammer that was causing a large divide between the Forum and the Region. I believe that, in those positions, I managed to stand strong against the conflict and, with the help of others, hold TNP together in some form of unity.
01[23:39:58] <+Tim> When we came out of the conflict, TNP was able to hit the ground running and keep going. I'd like to think that I helped it stick that landing.
01[23:39:59] <+Tim> That is all.
[23:40:20] <@Alvino_Castillon> You answer was cut at "in some form."
01[23:40:42] <+Tim> ...in some form of unity
[23:40:47] <@Alvino_Castillon> Okay.
[23:40:52] <@Alvino_Castillon> Finally Iro, your response.
[23:40:58] <+Iro> Prosperity? Prosperity is a good government doing right for its citizens. I don't believe that's an issue currently for the region of this position.
[23:41:14] <+Iro> Unity is not necessarily agreeing on everything, but knowing we must work together to go forward and solve the issues that confront us. A Speaker shouldn't try to get everyone on one person's side, as COE said.
[23:41:33] <+Iro> A good Speaker works in part to promote activity and make sure that even if we are on multiple sides, multiple opinions, with a little mud flinging here and there, we are all The North Pacific. I hope under my control, the Regional Assembly can accept that, and we can run better than ever.
[23:41:48] <+Iro> Holding TNP completely together? That is multiple jobs, multiple factors.
[23:41:59] <+Iro> Killing all diversity and difference of opinion? Madness and idiocy.
[23:42:12] <+Iro> Holding what we do and how we work together is true unity. That completes my response.
[23:42:32] <@Alvino_Castillon> Candidates have 90 seconds for response time... starting now.
[23:42:45] <+Iro> First, I would like to credit COE.
[23:42:52] <+Iro> My answer is partly due to building on his foundation
[23:43:05] <+Gov> Yes, COE and Iro speak true of what a Speaker should do.
[23:43:06] <+Iro> Partly :P THanks
[23:43:08] <+COE> Than you.
[23:43:11] <+COE> thank*
06[23:43:17] * +Tim nods
[23:43:42] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds...
[23:43:48] <+Gov> I don't think that the telgrammer issue that Tim described was as bad to the region as he put it. It was an annoying telegrammer, but people were not divisive about it.
06[23:44:03] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
[23:44:06] <+Gov> People quickly ignored him rather quickly, there was no disunity
01[23:44:09] <+Tim> The region and the forum were quite divided, Govindia.
[23:44:10] <@Alvino_Castillon> And on to the next question.
[23:44:50] <@Alvino_Castillon> <Koth> I'm going to ask the same question I asked in the COE v Tim debate: What are the candidates' opinions on how the RA tracks WA status? What would they do to change it if they believe the system is flawed?
[23:45:02] <@Alvino_Castillon> Iro, you r response first.
[23:45:06] <+Iro> Great.
[23:45:08] <+Iro> Thanks, Koth.
[23:45:37] <+Iro> I believe the RA's WA-tracking system is flawed right now in that we do not have the tools to actually track everyone's WA.
[23:46:00] <+Iro> Furthermore, the tools that we do have are flaunted by the Speaker and his staff's inability to actually process it.
[23:46:15] <+Iro> We're totally backlogged, more than we should reasonably be, thanks to human error.
[23:46:34] <+Iro> I know as Speaker I can put that part together.
[23:46:56] <+Iro> As to tracking dishonesty and unreliable sources, I can't say I have much experience in World Assembly security.
[23:47:03] <+Iro> but part of leadership is who you know.
[23:47:17] <+Iro> And I'll get back to you in a month with a great team and a full, accurate list.
[23:47:25] <+Iro> That concludes my answer.
[23:47:32] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim, your response?
01[23:48:18] <+Tim> I, personally, am not the biggest fan of the WA Tracking. Many members of TNP are involved with either Raiding or Defending and often have the need to keep an undisclosed World Assembly nation for days/weeks on end. Although the "Record Keeper" would, in theory, solve this; Most people in this game have some sort of allegiance to one side or another so I doubt it would be easy to find an unbiased Keeper.
01[23:49:12] <+Tim> I would probably support an elimination of the system and the implementation of a much less intrusive system for tracking WAs. Of course, if an unbiased Keeper is able to be found then that is ideal. You will still have people refusing to disclose many of their switchers, etc, though, so I don't believe the system will be the most effective even with a good Keeper.
01[23:49:22] <+Tim> That concludes my answer.
[23:49:39] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE, your response please.
[23:49:50] <+COE> As I've said before, I don't really see the point of tracking members' WA nations, as we have good security measures in place besides that. Furthermore, in the absence of a trustworthy Registrar of Confidential puppets, it borders on voter suppression for those who wish to keep their WA puppet confidential, or who change puppets frequently. As Speaker, I
[23:49:57] <+COE> would make sure to appoint a Registrar that assembly members would trust to keep their puppets confidential. However, I would be in favor of measures to eliminate that requirement altogether. As Speaker, I would not be proposing any legislation or voting Aye or Nay on any bill at vote, however. The choice to eliminate that membership requirement would be in
[23:49:58] <+COE> the hands of the rest of the RA.
[23:50:03] <+COE> That concludes my answer.
[23:50:14] <@Alvino_Castillon> Finally, Gov's answer.
[23:50:17] <+Gov> Thank you Koth for your question. The WA system that's being used is very flawed and is not fully accountable of each person's WA. The only real way to track each person's WA is when they actually first report it, then utilise some form of script to have it noted when they resign out of the WA., and then put that tracker on any new WA that pops up. (cont.)
[23:51:37] <+Gov> This will be a cumbersome process, but it will get done somehow. Now personally, I would eventually want to wean out the system where the only people that are required to have a WA in the RA are Security Council members and possibly cabinet members. Personally there is no need otherwise to have a WA listed. It's nice, but it's not really needed.
[23:51:41] <+Gov> That concludes my answer.
[23:52:00] <@Alvino_Castillon> There will be a 90 second debate period... go.
[23:52:03] <+COE> Gov, I don't think your "only real way" to track each person’s WA would actually work. Sometimes, people switch very close to each other, and you would not be able to tell who owned each new WA nation.
[23:52:03] <+Gov> Tim, your response was a direct copy paste from the COE v. Tim debate. I looked at the log.
[23:52:08] <+Iro> Indeed.
01[23:52:27] <+Tim> Yes it was.
01[23:52:31] <+Tim> It hasn't changed.
[23:52:33] <+Iro> Tim, how can you be so confident in your platform if you must take it from yourself?
[23:52:39] <+Gov> Can you really actually give a response without just copy-pasting? Some of us actually thought for a bit for our responses.
01[23:52:47] <+Tim> Of course, I thought quite a bit back then.
01[23:52:52] <+Tim> I added parts now, that would be relevant.
[23:52:56] <+Gov> and some of us actually care enough about the region and the position to write original responses.
06[23:52:58] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
[23:53:02] <@Alvino_Castillon> Excuse me.
[23:53:02] <+Iro> Dammit
[23:53:11] <@Alvino_Castillon> But I'm going to ask that we settle down a bit.
[23:53:11] <+Iro> Is this time or civility?
[23:53:12] <+Gov> unlike you who abandoned the VD post so soon.
[23:53:14] <@Alvino_Castillon> Civility.
[23:53:15] <+Iro> Wait
[23:53:15] <@Alvino_Castillon> GOV.
[23:53:16] <+Iro> OK
[23:53:18] <+Iro> In that case
[23:53:22] <@Alvino_Castillon> Civility please.
[23:53:23] <+Gov> Sorry sir, just saw that.
[23:53:24] <@Alvino_Castillon> Continue.
06[23:53:25] * +Tim sits back
[23:53:31] <+Iro> COE, you said you didn't like the registrar's job and that procedure.
[23:53:37] <+Iro> That's totally fine, I suppose.
[23:53:46] <+Iro> What is not fine is not actually giving an alternative.
[23:54:00] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds.
[23:54:00] <+Gov> Part of being Speaker COE is a lot of documentation and record-keeping. It's not fun work but it needs to be done in an efficient and effective manner.
[23:54:02] <+COE> I like the idea of having a registrar in the current legal system, but I think it would be better to eliminate WA tracking altogehter.
[23:54:07] <+Iro> If you're going to knock on the system, you should have something better in mind.
01[23:54:18] <+Tim> Govindia, is there something wrong with posting what I already thought about?
[23:54:19] <+COE> We already have other measures in place to prevent double voting.
06[23:54:20] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
[23:54:21] <+Iro> Otherwise you're just criticizing for the sake of criticising?
01[23:54:22] <+Tim> I already put thought into it.
[23:54:24] <+COE> Tracking WA is unnecessary
[23:54:27] <@Alvino_Castillon> Time has elapsed.
[23:54:40] <+Iro> What will be better?
[23:54:45] <@Alvino_Castillon> We do have one more question to get to...
[23:54:46] <+Iro> These are necessary things
[23:54:49] <@Alvino_Castillon> And then some unseriou-
[23:54:50] <@Alvino_Castillon> Iro.
[23:54:54] <+Iro> Sorry
[23:55:01] <@Alvino_Castillon> And then some unserios ones.

[23:55:35] <@Alvino_Castillon> This final serious question will have an open debate time of 3 minutes...
[23:55:39] <@Alvino_Castillon> <Juris_MythiKa> Question: In recent past, the Speaker position has had to deal with differing views on how voting within the RA should be conducted. If you were to become Speaker, what rules would use, and how strict will you be with them?
[23:55:53] <+Iro> Open debate?
[23:55:56] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE, you will go first.
[23:56:03] <@Alvino_Castillon> First responses, then open debate.
[23:56:10] <+Iro> Mmmk.
[23:58:42] <+COE> As speaker, I would require that all votes be posted in plain black text of an appropriate size, with no embellishment. I have dedicated a third of my platform to explaining why. In essence, the only reason for someone to embellish their vote, be it Aye or Nay, would be to show how enthusiastic they are about voting, which could be motivated by a desire to
[23:58:53] <+COE> influence the votes of other assemblymen. Frankly, the voting thread is not the place for that. I would have no problem with rich text in the debate thread, so long as the whole post is not overly garish. But the voting thread is for recording votes – no other purpose. If a member embellished his vote, he would find it quickly suppressed, followed by a PM
[23:58:54] <+COE> explaining that if he did not edit his post into compliance with rules of decorum, his vote would not be counted.
[23:58:54] <+COE> That concludes my answer.
[23:59:03] <@Alvino_Castillon> IGov, your response.
[23:59:08] <@Alvino_Castillon> *Gob
[23:59:09] <@Alvino_Castillon> *Gov
[23:59:11] <+Gov> Thank you JM for your question. I believe the current rules are fair in how the Speaker separates voting from discussion, and how finally we now can choose to vote "Abstain" if we wish, instead of Aye or Nay (or their equivalents). I believe the timeframe for each vote is very generous and fair, as most regions finish voting in about 72 hours on average.
Session Time: Fri Jan 11 00:00:00 2013
[00:00:17] <+Gov> I will make sure that people do not vote improperly, or put any extra debate in their voting responses. IF they do it will be discounted and removed. I will also make sure that votes are posted properly in a readable, sensible font without any sensationalism or drama-mongering. There are clear and explicit rules and they should be followed.
[00:00:42] <+Gov> If people have an issue with how I would run things, they may certainly take me to court, but I will follow the law. That concludes my response.
[00:01:01] <@Alvino_Castillon> Iro, your response.
[00:01:07] <+Iro> Thanks, Juris, for the question :)
[00:01:16] <+Iro> Frankly, I'd prefer we be real about this. Everyone in this room is tired of hearing about the formatting and the additional comments and the Speaker's discounting. We are a Regional Assembly. Our members should know better than how they've been acting. Some embellishments, maybe, will be on the line. Personally, I'm not in favor of them.
[00:01:33] <+Iro> But whatever we agree on, I will put it into place and keep it there. We know the formatting and commenting rules. We've been going through them time and time again.
[00:01:43] <+Iro> Please, just end this. I will end it firmly. This is no longer a question of listing the right protocol. If you try to keep doing that, like COE did, you're not being real about the issue that it keeps coming up.
[00:01:48] <+Iro> Plain black text, regular size, no comments. We don't need to try to look smarter than we are by going into the specifics.
[00:02:42] <+Iro> We don't need to waste time, because everyone has the "right", the opinion of order. That concludes my response.
[00:03:07] <@Alvino_Castillon> Finally, that other guy. I mean, Tim.
01[00:03:28] <+Tim> Love you too Alvino ;)
01[00:03:30] <+Tim> Thanks for the Question, Juris. As speaker, I would requre decorum to be observed which would be plain black without any extra enhancements. Personally, I believe that one exclamation point is acceptable. Any more than that can become distracting and could potentially influence the votes of others. No extra comments would be tolerated, either.
01[00:04:22] <+Tim> It's a voting thread, not a Debate thread. if someone would like to debate the proposal then they can do that in the Debate thread. Any violating posts would be supressed and discounted, with a PM sent to the Voter. Decorum should be followed and will be followed.
01[00:04:50] <+Tim> As for Speaker Neutrality/Current Voting/Timeframe, I think all of them are being done admirably right now and I would aspire to do them just as well as the Speakers before me.
01[00:04:52] <+Tim> That is all.
[00:05:22] <@Alvino_Castillon> Three minutes to debate... make sure this stays as cool as it's been overall.
[00:05:24] <@Alvino_Castillon> Go.
[00:05:25] <+Gov> This is simple. Keep the discussion out of the voting threads. If you want to speak on a soapbox, please speak in the discussion thread, because that's what it is there for.
[00:05:30] <+COE> Three minutes. Wow
01[00:05:35] <+Tim> That's quite a bit.
[00:05:38] <+COE> Also, in my response, I said "suppress," but I meant "spoiler," obviously. :)
[00:05:43] <+Iro> Do we really need everything?
01[00:05:45] <+Tim> Similar things, COE.
01[00:05:50] <+Tim> We're Gameplayers, afterall ;)
[00:05:52] <+Iro> I know this is just a continuation of my response.
[00:05:52] <@Alvino_Castillon> Indeed... if there's a general consensus to move on, let me know.
[00:05:54] <+COE> haha, yes.
[00:06:01] <+Iro> Um, yeah, probably better to move on.
01[00:06:02] <+Tim> Supress is a Spoiler for us :P
01[00:06:08] <+Tim> Indeed. Let's move on?
01[00:06:12] <+Tim> We have fun questions now, right? :D
[00:06:17] <+Iro> Sure.
[00:06:17] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE, Gov?
[00:06:17] <+COE> Unless gov objects
[00:06:17] <+COE> I'm cool
[00:06:20] <+Gov> sure
[00:06:30] <@Alvino_Castillon> One more serious one... I really wanted to squeeze it in.
06[00:06:35] * +Tim nods
[00:06:41] <+Gov> ok go for it sir
[00:06:42] <+COE> Bring it
[00:06:59] <@Alvino_Castillon> Now... this comes from an Anonymous source, which we will call Mr. Banana
[00:07:00] <+Iro> Let's do it.
[00:07:02] <+Iro> Oh god
[00:07:04] <+Iro> Is it you?
01[00:07:09] <+Tim> Mr. Banana, eh?
[00:07:20] <+Iro> I'm impressed.
[00:07:20] <@Alvino_Castillon> No.
[00:07:22] <@Alvino_Castillon> Do you think that Forum Administration has been able to keep up with demand recently? Do you feel that they are taking the necessary steps in making sure people behave appropriately on the forum?
[00:07:25] <+Iro> Takes creativity to come up with a name like Mr. Banana.
[00:07:29] <+Iro> Oh boy.
[00:07:37] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim, you first.
06[00:07:38] * +Tim whistles
01[00:07:43] <+Tim> Alrighty.
[00:08:31] <+Iro> I really have to leave soon.
[00:08:37] <+Iro> If we could speed this up.
01[00:08:40] <+Tim> I'm willing to let Iro go first?
[00:08:43] <+Iro> Thank you.
01[00:08:53] <+Tim> If that's fine with the Moderator?
[00:09:10] <@Alvino_Castillon> Yes fine.
[00:09:18] <+Iro> Things happen on the forum.
[00:09:27] <+Iro> The admins deal with it.
[00:09:35] <+Iro> Could punishments be doled out differently? Yes.
[00:09:45] <+Iro> Could admins take a different approach to their work? Yes.
03[00:10:02] * Asta is now known as SleepingFigs
[00:10:03] <+Iro> Will any of this actually affect what goes on in TNP Regional Government? Hell no.
[00:10:13] <+Iro> Is there a drastic situation? Hell no.
[00:10:24] <+Iro> If we have individual suggestions, then put them there.
[00:10:38] <+Iro> Otherwise, the admins work how they work and I'm currently fairly fine with it.
[00:10:46] <+Iro> That concludes my response, and my portion of the debate.
[00:10:59] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim, your response.
[00:11:00] <+Iro> Make sure you save this transcript. I want to see what Gov says about this question.
[00:11:04] <+Iro> Good night, all.
01[00:12:36] <+Tim> Starting first with what is most relevant to this discussion, IP checks. I do not think that our Administration Team has been on top of them as fast as particularly wanted. In this area, I don't think they've been able to keep up with the demand. Security Checks really don't take that long, and I don't think that some of the multiple day waits that we've had should be happening. I think this part is very important, since RA Masking directly involves the Speaker and the Speaker's job.
[00:12:39] <+COE> Good night, Iro! Thanks for coming.
01[00:12:45] <+Tim> Good Night Iro, Thanks for Coming :)
[00:12:55] <@Alvino_Castillon> Have a good night Iro.
03[00:13:21] * OE is now known as OE|goodnightIro
01[00:13:26] <+Tim> ...directly involves the Speaker and the Speaker's job.
03[00:13:28] * OE|goodnightIro is now known as OE
01[00:14:41] <+Tim> For the second part, no. I don't believe that the Administration and Moderation teams have been succesfully enforcing proper behavior. I, personally, am fairly dissapointed that there are individuals who seem to be able to get away with more than others regarding warnings, etc. This is on both sides of the fairly well known Moderation conflict within TNP, not just one.
01[00:14:45] <+Tim> That is all.
[00:15:03] <@Alvino_Castillon> Gov, your response.
[00:15:06] <+Gov> I believe, honestly, that Forum Administration needs more help, and needs more mods and Admins. As for ensuring people are behaving appropriately, I believe some people have gotten away with a lot of things than they should have, and are not being punished appropriately, as recently has been witnessed with the recent verbal attacks that people have been...
[00:16:14] <+Gov> going against me with little punishment, if any, to them. However, I will hope and trust that if I see any misbehaviour as Speaker in the RA, I will isolate their posts and call attention to what they said and did. I did so as Associate Justice when at least two people were out of line in various threads, including a court thread, and I will do so as ...
[00:17:01] <+Gov> Speaker. I am a firm believer of Justice, Law, and Order, and when it comes to official business, there needs to be a reasonable level of decorum. That concludes my answer.
[00:17:12] <@Alvino_Castillon> Finally, COE.
[00:17:26] <+COE> TNP is a hard forum to administer. The masks are complicated, the sub-forums are legion, and there are lots of things that need administrator attention to get done. Considering all that, I think the admin team has been doing pretty well, overall. Yeah, security checks back up, and that needs to change. As Speaker, I would be in near constant communication
[00:17:30] <+COE> administrators to ensure that none of the RA applications go unnoticed. Other admin requests can sometimes take longer than we would like, as well. I think if they could take a few things off their plate, or add an administrator to the team, it might go a little more smoothly. Tim's idea about adding an autotool to allow the Speaker to remask approved RA
[00:17:37] <+COE> members is definitely worth considering, for instance.
[00:17:43] <+COE> I won’t comment on appropriate behavior, because that’s really more of a moderation issue than administration.
[00:17:56] <+COE> That concludes my answer.
[00:18:03] <@Alvino_Castillon> 90 seconds to debate, and then onto unserious questions.
[00:18:05] <@Alvino_Castillon> Go.
[00:18:12] <+COE> Oh, and when I said "administer" I clearly meant "administrate" haha
01[00:18:12] <+Tim> COE, thanks for the compliment regarding my idea :)
[00:18:17] <+COE> It's a good one
06[00:18:20] * +Tim nods
[00:18:35] <+Gov> It's not a matter of doing IP checks. They need more people to help out with them, and maintain order.
01[00:18:51] <+Tim> I've done IP checks. They take 10 minutes or so, at most.
[00:18:59] <+Gov> At least two or three of our admins are unavailable due to RL issues, and that leaves us with a short staff.
01[00:19:02] <+Tim> The most I've had it take is one hour, and that was for a special case.
01[00:19:12] <+Tim> I think that we should have Admins checking the applications daily.
[00:19:15] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds remaining.
01[00:19:16] <+Tim> If they're not already
[00:19:18] <+Gov> Even still, doign that for multiple people takes time.
[00:19:22] <+COE> IP checks are quick. I just think some are slipping through the cracks. And then, when three or four back up, it's hard to get motivated to do them all at once.
[00:19:24] <+Gov> and people have lives outside the game.
[00:19:29] <+Gov> and jobs.
01[00:19:31] <+Tim> People chose to be Admins.
[00:19:34] <+COE> As long as admins notice the applications, I don't think we should have a problem.
06[00:19:36] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
06[00:19:37] * +Tim nods
[00:19:45] <@Alvino_Castillon> Alright, unserious questions now.
[00:19:50] <+COE> Whee!
03[00:19:50] * OE is now known as OE|doesntLikeIPchecks
06[00:20:01] * +Tim cheers
03[00:20:02] * OE|doesntLikeIPchecks is now known as OE
[00:20:04] <@Alvino_Castillon> Before it gets a little too hot and heavy.
[00:20:09] <@Alvino_Castillon> A question from OE!
01[00:20:14] <+Tim> I applaud OE's way of communication, by the way.
01[00:20:17] <+Tim> Very creative :)
[00:20:20] <@Alvino_Castillon> "What's your favorite genre of music, and why?"
[00:20:23] <@Alvino_Castillon> Gov, you first.
03[00:20:48] * OE is now known as OE|thanksTim
03[00:20:51] * OE|thanksTim is now known as OE
[00:21:20] <+Gov> I like almost all forms of music, with the exception of country and dubstep. My favourite genres are rock, metal, and video game music in that order. They make me more energetic and fired up, and when I'm working on stuff, it keeps me more focused.
[00:21:40] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim, your response?
01[00:22:10] <+Tim> Punk Rock. What can I say, I grew up with it. While kids my age were listening to Mr. Rogers, I was jamming along to Green Day. It also generally has the most meaning behind the music, from what I have found. I dig the meaning, man. Other than that's I'll listen to Alt. Rock, Indie, and some Electronica. Really not a fan of Country.
03[00:22:25] * Koth is now known as Koth|FYEAHTIM
[00:22:27] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE?
03[00:22:29] * Koth|FYEAHTIM is now known as Koth
[00:22:32] <+COE> I'm usually a classic rock kinda guy, but lately I've really been digging some Reggae Fusion. Something about it just really gets me in the groove, especially on long car trips.
[00:22:35] <+COE> That's all from me.
[00:22:50] <@Alvino_Castillon> Next question then!
[00:22:57] <@Alvino_Castillon> A number of people asked this one:
03[00:23:04] * OE is now known as OE|thankseveryone
03[00:23:08] * OE|thankseveryone is now known as OE
[00:23:11] <@Alvino_Castillon> What the fuck was the hug for?
[00:23:18] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE, your answer?
[00:23:45] <+COE> I dunno. Everyone was complimenting each others ideas, and I guess I got caught up in the moment.
03[00:23:49] * mcmasterdonia is now known as TheModshouldntswear
03[00:23:54] * TheModshouldntswear is now known as mcmasterdonia
[00:24:07] <+COE> That's all
[00:24:10] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim, your response?
01[00:24:12] <+Tim> Man, we were in the moment. You gotta show some unity with your fellow running mates. What the fuck wasn't the hug for. It was for Comradery. For Unity. To show that, man we're all some fine ass candidates.
01[00:24:21] <+Tim> That's all from me.
[00:24:26] <@Alvino_Castillon> ...Okay...
[00:24:29] <@Alvino_Castillon> Gov, your response.
[00:24:41] <+Gov> The hug to me represented that while we may disagree, we still are fellow colleagues and TNP citizens, and that's what counts. To show that we can still be awesome and have fun in this debate.
[00:24:54] <+Gov> That to me is what's been lacking in any debate, RL or otherwise. FUN.
[00:24:59] <+Gov> that concludes my answer
[00:25:15] <@Alvino_Castillon> Now then, final question of the night.
01[00:25:29] <+Tim> Yes, Madjack is the sexiest NSer. Next Question.
[00:25:45] <@Alvino_Castillon> ...No that's not the question.
01[00:25:48] <+Tim> Pity.
[00:25:51] <@Alvino_Castillon> Sorry.
[00:25:56] <+COE> Too late. You can't change your answer now!
[00:26:04] <+COE> Whatever the question is, that has to be your response :)
[00:26:07] <@Alvino_Castillon> If you were any magical fruit, what fruit would you be and why?
03[00:26:25] * OE is now known as OEAgreesWithTim
03[00:26:30] * OEAgreesWithTim is now known as OE
[00:26:33] <@Alvino_Castillon> No just kidding.
03[00:26:46] * mcmasterdonia is now known as trololololol
03[00:26:48] * Tim is now known as GiveUsARealQuestion
03[00:26:50] * GiveUsARealQuestion is now known as Tim
03[00:26:52] * Koth is now known as DOWN`WITH`AMOM
[00:26:54] <@Alvino_Castillon> From Mall:
03[00:26:56] * trololololol is now known as Ineedtopoop
[00:26:57] <@Alvino_Castillon> SHUSH!
[00:27:01] <+COE> Kick him
06[00:27:06] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
03[00:27:07] * DOWN`WITH`AMOM is now known as Koth
03[00:27:11] * Ineedtopoop is now known as omghi
03[00:27:15] * omghi was kicked by Alvino_Castillon (Whatever)
01[00:27:20] <+Tim> ^our delegate
[00:27:27] <+Gov> Oy vey, yay for auto join
03[00:27:28] * omghi is now known as mcmasterdonia
01[00:27:34] <+Tim> Anyways, from Mall :)
[00:27:35] <@Alvino_Castillon> ...
[00:27:40] <@Alvino_Castillon> Um... anyways...
[00:27:43] <@Alvino_Castillon> <Mall> HOW LONG IS YOUR PHALLUS
[00:27:50] <@Alvino_Castillon> Gov, your response?
[00:27:54] <@Cormac> Anymore name changes to avoid the mute will result in a ban, fyi.
[00:28:05] <+Gov> Big enough for me to know, and for you to find out.
[00:28:09] <@Alvino_Castillon> Thank you Cormac...
03[00:28:11] * OE is now known as OMG|wtf
[00:28:19] <@Alvino_Castillon> And erm, COE, your question.
[00:28:26] <+COE> B===============================================================================================================================================================================================================D
[00:28:31] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim?
[00:28:36] <+COE> If anyone's screen isn't wide enough to read that, I apologize
03[00:28:53] * OMG|wtf is now known as OE
01[00:28:57] <+Tim> D===================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================D
01[00:29:01] <+Tim> I hope that is sufficient.
03[00:29:16] * Kstmts is now known as allthecoolkidsarehere
[00:29:17] <@Alvino_Castillon> Two more questions.
03[00:29:19] * allthecoolkidsarehere is now known as Kostemetsia
01[00:29:21] <+Tim> Sweet :D
[00:29:21] <@Alvino_Castillon> Cause I said so.
03[00:29:24] * Kingborough is now known as objectstoweirdquestions
[00:29:26] <@Alvino_Castillon> <mcmasterdonia> DO YOU EAT POO
01[00:29:31] <+Tim> I DUNNO. DO U!
03[00:29:34] * objectstoweirdquestions is now known as Kingborough
[00:29:35] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tim, your response.
03[00:29:38] * mcmasterdonia is now known as omgthisgotweird
03[00:29:39] * Kostemetsia is now known as ithinkthisisalegitquestion
[00:29:40] <@Alvino_Castillon> By the way, any more name changes.
[00:29:44] <@Alvino_Castillon> I will ban.
03[00:29:44] * ithinkthisisalegitquestion is now known as Kostemetsia
01[00:29:56] <+Tim> [00:29:31] <+Tim> I DUNNO. DO U!
[00:30:13] <@Alvino_Castillon> Enough folks.
[00:30:13] <@Alvino_Castillon> Gov, your response.
03[00:30:14] * omgthisgotweird is now known as MCMASTERDONIA
03[00:30:16] * Karpathos is now known as idontbelievetim
03[00:30:22] * MCMASTERDONIA was kicked by Cormac (Disrupting the debate)
[00:30:23] <+Gov> Mr. Delegate, check the toilet sir.
03[00:30:29] * idontbelievetim is now known as Karpathos
[00:30:37] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE, your response.
[00:30:37] <@Alvino_Castillon> And yes, we were serious folks.
03[00:30:38] * Cormac sets mode: +b *!*-ip removed-
03[00:30:47] * Karpathos was kicked by Cormac (Disrupting the debate)
[00:30:56] <@Cormac> Seriously, no more.
[00:31:06] <+COE> I'm not going to get into my, /ahem/, "personal business" in such a public setting.
06[00:31:10] * @Alvino_Castillon nods
[00:31:11] <@Alvino_Castillon> Finally.
[00:31:22] <@Alvino_Castillon> This is my personal question...
[00:31:41] <@Alvino_Castillon> If you saw Slenderman and you were all alone in a field, what would YOU do?
[00:31:48] <@Alvino_Castillon> COE, your response.
[00:31:57] <+COE> Dig.
[00:32:07] <+COE> That is all.
[00:32:20] <@Alvino_Castillon> Gov, your response.
[00:32:44] <+Gov> Create a bunker and booby trap the front entrance.
[00:32:55] <@Alvino_Castillon> And finally, Tim.
01[00:32:58] <+Tim> I AM Slenderman.
01[00:33:08] <+Tim> So if I saw you in a Field, I would suggest you run.
[00:33:09] <@Alvino_Castillon> ...
[00:33:15] <@Alvino_Castillon> I'm sorry, but you were ALL wrong!
[00:33:16] <+Gov> ...
06[00:33:16] * +COE digs
[00:33:20] <@Alvino_Castillon> The correct answer is, give him twenty dollars!
01[00:33:26] <+Tim> Nonsense, I'm not that cheap.
[00:33:27] <@Alvino_Castillon> Thanks for playing Candidates!
01[00:33:30] <+Tim> 20 Euros at leat.
[00:33:32] <+Gov> I only have a $15 AMC movie certificate
01[00:33:33] <+Tim> least, even.
[00:33:37] <@Alvino_Castillon> Tune in next time for another exciting Debate!
01[00:33:40] <+Tim> o/
[00:33:41] <+Gov> and a handgun licence
[00:33:44] <+Gov> o/
[00:33:46] <@Cormac> Debate over? :P
06[00:33:48] * +Gov shakes Tim's hand
[00:33:48] <+COE> Thanks for hosting, Alvino
06[00:33:51] * +Gov shakes COE's hand
06[00:33:55] * +Gov shakes Cormac's hand
[00:34:00] <+COE> And thanks to all the candidates for attending
03[00:34:02] * Alvino_Castillon sets mode: -m
Jamie edit: IP removed...

Yes, thanks to all the candidates and contributors, especially Alvino. Too bad I had to leave before we started having fun :P

Back