NewP Bares All

It wasn't my first nation, and it didn't turn out to be the one I was best known for, but it's been the most comfortable skin. Started a thread in The West Pacific recently. Telling some stories. You're invited to check it out here: Ask NewP Stuff. Feel free to participate, ask questions, that sort of thing. If you have any old war stories you'd like to share I'd really love to hear them too.

Don't tell me there's nothing you haven't wanted to know about, Cisc. Even if you don't recognize the patented NewP brand, I guarantee you've seen my work.

Oh wow, you were Great Bight? How interesting! I still remember the day I logged in to NationStates to find my nation ejected. Luckily I was in the Netherlands, and was easily consoled.

Oh! I have another question: How in the world did Steingrimur (sp?) get in touch with you guys?

Oh! I have another question: How in the world did Steingrimur (sp?) get in touch with you guys?
Before he was a Colonel or somesuch in Invaders, long before that, or his second involvement in Invaders I guess, he was one of the heads of Colonial Ambition with FatherTed. You were also in Colonial Ambition once, and FatherTed was your blackmailer.

To answer your question: Because I was Steingrimur.

Would I know you or of you?

Some of my past/current aliases:

The Dead Angels
Avenging Angels
Bhagavan

Would I know you or of you?
Yes. And I remember your names. Most people here have known me. I probably didn't pick my most well-known name when I came here to talk, but New People is the most 'me' I guess and it's the only name I still maintain.

Right you are, inflato-head.

:eyeroll:
What have you done in the game? You've been around here a lot, I remember you from some of the wars, but what are your accomplishments? What great events in history were you part of or the driving force of? Any? This is part a snappy comeback, but also very much a sincere question. Tell me what you did. I'm sure you've got some secrets we could share.

I don't play anymore, and haven't played for a while, but sometimes I still pop in to TWP to be social. A couple threads there recently have caught me telling old stories. A lot of people used to talk about the NS poker game and what fun surprises there'll be when everyone finally shows their hand. Most of the good stuff happened years ago now, too long for secrecy or any of that stuff to matter anymore. I'm laying my cards on the table, and hoping other people will show theirs too.

Right you are, inflato-head.

:eyeroll:
What have you done in the game? You've been around here a lot, I remember you from some of the wars, but what are your accomplishments? What great events in history were you part of or the driving force of? Any? This is part a snappy comeback, but also very much a sincere question. Tell me what you did. I'm sure you've got some secrets we could share.

I don't play anymore, and haven't played for a while, but sometimes I still pop in to TWP to be social. A couple threads there recently have caught me telling old stories. A lot of people used to talk about the NS poker game and what fun surprises there'll be when everyone finally shows their hand. Most of the good stuff happened years ago now, too long for secrecy or any of that stuff to matter anymore. I'm laying my cards on the table, and hoping other people will show theirs too.
Nothing. I'm completely useless and proud of it. Or, if I have, I can't be bothered sharing.

But to come to a forum and announce that everyone simply must know exactly who you are because you're so great kinda comes off as arrogant asshattery. Just sayin'.

Nothing. I'm completely useless and proud of it. Or, if I have, I can't be bothered sharing.

But to come to a forum and announce that everyone simply must know exactly who you are because you're so great kinda comes off as arrogant asshattery. Just sayin'.
That's because I didn't do any of that. Cut that out. I'm old, no different than CrazyGirl or Free4All/Better Times or Flem or DD or Wolfie or Fedele or Mum or Monte or Ivan or Romanoffia or Lewis & Clark or Matthuis. Old people are cranky and like to talk about how much better things used to be. There's a lot of good stories to share. I started the first thread, and humbly asked people to share stories of their own. Or start their own threads. I've got a lot of things I'd like to know too. There's no point in hiding stuff anymore.

I don't really care about any of that old stuff, although can appreciate that there might be people that do. What I was referring to was the tone expressed here:

Don't tell me there's nothing you haven't wanted to know about, Cisc. Even if you don't recognize the patented NewP brand, I guarantee you've seen my work.

and;
Yes. And I remember your names. Most people here have known me.

Maybe I'm being overly confrontational, but someone had to call you on it.

To answer your question:  Because I was Steingrimur.
:rofl:

Oh man, how incredible. So you went on to become a part of The Pacific? Or were you there already and merely feeling out Colonial Ambition? Father Ted was my blackmailer? "Former Yugoslav Republics" if I remember right. Did he go on to play another name in the game? I watched NS for his second coming for a long while. No wonder Pacificans had always been so kind to me when I was ADN, they knew all along. :D

I read some of your thread on The West Pacific forum and I found the careful organization of The Pacific to be fascinating. Much more sophisticated than anything i'd heard of previously. Any other interesting things about the organization of The Pacific, past history of course?

Also I would ask if you have any questions for me, but it appears you may know all. :ADN:

You are Mammothosian?

Old people are cranky and like to talk about how much better things used to be. There's a lot of good stories to share.

I share that sentiment. I have played NationStates since March of 2004, and enjoy reminiscing about the old days of NS.

Father Ted was my blackmailer? "Former Yugoslav Republics" if I remember right. Did he go on to play another name in the game? I watched NS for his second coming for a long while.
Yes. Unlimited.

To answer your question:  Because I was Steingrimur.
:rofl:

Oh man, how incredible. So you went on to become a part of The Pacific? Or were you there already and merely feeling out Colonial Ambition?

I was a Pacific Senator from about September 2003. I think we started the Colonial Ambition project in spring 2004, certainly well enough in time for the Entente War. It was Unlimited's project. NPO wasn't an invader group and wasn't friends with them, that was Franco's policy and we stuck to it, but we still worked the shadow world regardless. Unlimited wanted a sneakier route to gather intel from a different angle. He was the big part of it, I wasn't formally active much I did a lot of internal security and the like and was 'trusty lieutenant'. See, The Pacific did not have the kind of numbers that our enemies did, with its massive bureaucracies and network of regions and allies. So we had to make do by doing more with less, and being real clever sometimes. Also: When A Better Colonial Ambition was formed and it later merged with a couple other regions to form Invaders I briefly hopped on that train, but didn't get too involved there. I've always maintained region crashing sucks ass ever since they randomized the updates in 2004, and have never been a big player in that game since.

Old people are cranky and like to talk about how much better things used to be. There's a lot of good stories to share.

I share that sentiment. I have played NationStates since March of 2004, and enjoy reminiscing about the old days of NS.
I remember you. You had one region, abbreviated AA possibly, but it wasn't just that. What else were you in? For some reason I want to place you as having something to do with one of the Pacific Underground things.

I was the founder of The Exodus up until fall of 2005. If I remember correctly I was very much against the Pacific Underground. At the time I was a member of the PRP and had minor involvement in the provincial system.

Yes.  Unlimited.

No wonder he and I got along so well. Does he still play or is he one of the celebrated dead now?

Why in the world couldn't he have just told me he was Father Ted when he tried to blackmail me? I would have most definitely given whatever information or support I could have, had I known. And The Pacific never tried to use me even though they knew I was an invader spy? :eyebrow:

Yes.  Unlimited.

No wonder he and I got along so well. Does he still play or is he one of the celebrated dead now?
He became involved in CyberNations and later AstroEmpires, co-founding and leading the New Pacific Order (New Planetary Order in AE) over there. He is now one of the celebrated dead.

Why in the world couldn't he have just told me he was Father Ted when he tried to blackmail me? I would have most definitely given whatever information or support I could have, had I known. And The Pacific never tried to use me even though they knew I was an invader spy?  :eyebrow:
You know, I'm not sure. I can try a couple guesses. A strange blackmailer, masking FatherTed, behind that Unlimited. He had many shields protecting him, disguising the trail for fear of any 'unauthorized disclosures' that could prove politically embarrassing for us. Maybe he couldn't confidently calculate (he was a calculating type) what you would do that kind of information and wanted to play safe.

I was the founder of The Exodus up until fall of 2005. If I remember correctly I was very much against the Pacific Underground. At the time I was a member of the PRP and had minor involvement in the provincial system.
Oh that's right. Exodus was on the tip of my tongue there. And I'm quite certain you weren't part of them --there was no real "them" to it anyhow, just Pope and a couple friends with a lot of puppets.

Don't have much to ask New P cause most of the old secrets I already knew.

I'm more interested in knowing if anyone has heard from Duce....my ol buddy and pal....was always rather fond of him on IRC.....straight forward person who I could always shoot the shit with.

P.S. Did u hear that rumor in the WP that I am warrior Thorin!!! Lol....Crazy Kurds!!!

You'll have to tell me those stories sometime, somehow. Trewsville!
Give me some stimulating reading. And New People, welcome or welcome back, as the case may be! >|P

Back