Kharkistania for CLO

Alright, while I have been an advocate for scrapping the CLO idea, I've decided to run for that office- mainly because if I can't get something dissolved, I can at least make sure its run efficiently.

My platform is that I would be sure to use the powers of the office to make sure legislation is being passed even if it gets stalled in committee. In addition, I will do my best to use my outside intelligence sources to keep tabs on regional security, and the position in the NPA which I shall soon start training for to gather information on possible plots against the region. I would also use my power to discuss in the private cabinet rooms to personally lend my aid to them as well.

In addition, I would like to state that I don't think a delegate has the moral authority to overthrow an entire constitution, although they could overthrow a forum/government which was abusing constitutional authority for their own ends.

Only if the rest of a government was already either breaking the law in reality or at least in the spirit of the law, if not the actual word.

I'm thinking of provisions added to, for example, make a certain forum the "constitutional" forum, especially if public sentiment is against it. While such a situation does not exist in TNP at the moment and probably won't, I am just outlining my beliefs on the matter. Ultimately, a delegate is most answerable to the people in the region of the North Pacific, as a forum based government simply cannot overcome the game mechanics. I'm not advocating this view, its simply a matter of fact that we must deal with.

However, I will do my best to keep a delegate from going "rogue" for his own purposes- when it comes to tyrants, people vote with their feet and leave the region, and I'd rather not lose good TNPers that way.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of people have made fancy campaign banners, so I got out MSpaint and made one of my own:

Nur_Muhammad_Taraki1.jpg

Sorry I can't see how it is justified to abuse power because people below you are abusing power. If the rest of the region is doing it then it is the duty of the delegate to serve them regardless as they are the ones who elected them. I dont think a one-man policing approach will get anywhere.

At a time when stability is paramount to a successful North Pacific, many of those running seem to have severely divisive policies and that concerns me considerably.

Well of course. The idea is to keep us from going down that road.

As such, while I think the CLO should be more of a general oversight group for the entire government- I'm not suggesting it have new powers, as it should stick to putting checks on the executive. However, I think that it should keep a look out for corruption in all levels of government and take appropriate actions if it falls under their sphere of authority or alert the proper people if it does not.

Love the banner. One of the most important aspects of this position is YOUR ability to be available on very short notice in the event a vote is required. How often are you on the forum?

At least once a day, plus there are other methods of contacting me such as email and messenger, as can be seen in my profile page thing.

In the case that I don't visit the forum for one day, I always check the very next day, but that doesn't have to happen unless I'm on vacation or something.

Are you able to remain professional, civil, and respectful to ALL members of the region at all times, and willing to check your personal opinion at the door when performing your job as not only a member of the RA, but a CLO member as well?

Back