Message to the Cabinet

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
OK, folks, I am back from holiday, and it is time to get our asses in gear for the new term.

First of all, congrats on your election/selection. If you think I can help your ministry, call me.

You may already be cracking on this, but here are some priorites for the coming week or so:

Haor Chall/Sarcodina: I think we need to prioritise our embassies and make sure that the main ones are active. What do you say we make a priority of the feeders, RR, Lazarus and just a couple of the key founder regions (your call), and make sure we have active ambassadors there? Plus: Feed into North Harmoneia anything you want in the regional report.

Limitless Events/Cthul Murgos: Any chance you could find the time to look through the RA roster, check the status of UN/TNP nations, and make sure we have an up to date list of the RA? The last update of the RA roster was in June. PLUS, could you have a think about the "immigration" side of your job and see about reviving the recruitment team? Plus: Feed into North Harmoneia anything you want in the regional report.

Fedele/Blue Wolf: If we are going to get the University working, it cannot wait until the end of the term. Have a think about what areas the Uni ought to cover, and who in NS (not necessarily the region) you think would be considered experts in that field. Then give me a call. Plus: Feed into North Harmoneia anything you want in the regional report.

North Harmoneia/Don't Pick it up: Haor Chall will need a regional report, and he will need it fast. You ought to be drawing one up about now to cover such things as the Lexicon "war", the elections etc etc. Other ministers should also be PMing you with input for this. Also, we have a lot of articulate, opinionated and bloody minded regional members :P . They ought to be writing for the wire, but may need you to give them a nudge.

OPArsenal: How about a tournament to get us going? Something silly like a songwriting contest, or whatever. Also, how about going through the OOC area, bumping (or even pinning) good threads that have been relegated, and archiving some ones that have had their day? Plus: Feed into North Harmoneia anything you want in the regional report.

OK. More to follow. Please post here if you have any comments.

How about a tournament to get us going? Something silly like a songwriting contest, or whatever. Also, how about going through the OOC area, bumping (or even pinning) good threads that have been relegated, and archiving some ones that have had their day? Plus: Feed into North Harmoneia anything you want in the regional report.

Aye, aye, Cap'n.

How's a limmerick contest sound?

Haor Chall/Sarcodina: I think we need to prioritise our embassies and make sure that the main ones are active. What do you say we make a priority of the feeders, RR, Lazarus and just a couple of the key founder regions (your call), and make sure we have active ambassadors there? Plus: Feed into North Harmoneia anything you want in the regional report.
Agreed. I think we can even possibly make nice with some of our good and active friends to get increased activity. For example allow multiple threads within an embassy, if that is at all possible.
Additionally, I think we must be offensive about foreign policy. The North Pacific has clout as a feeder, but to take to that next step and get beyond the inactive bug we must become a force internationally. I plan on helping the department with increased reports and more active ambassadorships. As the mostly highly populated (at least recently to me reckoning) region, there is no reason we can't be the most respected and formidable (peacefully that is.)

*Romes feels left out too.

But that's OK, I'm a fairly secretive chap anyway.

I'll start working up my items for the regional report.

Limitless Events/Cthul Murgos: Any chance you could find the time to look through the RA roster, check the status of UN/TNP nations, and make sure we have an up to date list of the RA? The last update of the RA roster was in June. PLUS, could you have a think about the "immigration" side of your job and see about reviving the recruitment team? Plus: Feed into North Harmoneia anything you want in the regional report.

Sato has been working on updating the records and I am about ready to get a new recruitment program started

Anyone who feels left out, it is just that I could not think of anything immediately to nag you about. Your time will come.

Our last report was August 11th, and I was under the impression that the EA ministry would want to it on their own, so sorry for the delay, but I will get to work ASAP. :)

btw, I've trying to find my way in the News Wire, I was wondering if anyone here could help me to be able to post there?

I don't mean to second-guess you so I hope you don't get that impression but is there any reason why we post on the blog instead of our forum?

I don't mean to second-guess you so I hope you don't get that impression but is there any reason why we post on the blog instead of our forum?
I personally find that the blog has issues formatting in my browser. I'm sure it's something on my end, but the forum is much easier for me to navigate. It's also a lot easier to discuss the articles here than on the blog, where any comments are held on a different page.

I was being ironical, Sniff. If you keep riding my ass like this I'll have to ask you to pay for the feed.

No, it's not that, I wanted to post both here and the blog to encourage people to read our articles, besides, if the blog isn't going to be used, then I believe it should just be closed-down since an innactive News Wire isn't very much of an asset at all.

OK.

Well done folks, I am seeing lots of good stuff happening.

A&E: is about to becum cultured with a poetry competty.....competti..... competishun.

EA: Great stuff on the summit! and recruiting too. Can you update us on the coverage of major embassies?

Culture: We have managed to talk about the Univertity, which is good. Time to hustle!

Mr. Speaker: Good to see the wheels of the RA turning a little less creakily. Well done. Let's hope if we can actually get some legislation passed!

Defence (yes, that is how you spell the word): Great training, Missions happening, a growing army, cadets being taught .... wow.

Justice: In a way, the less you have to do the better, but it is good to see current trials being handled so professionally.

Immigration and Internal Affairs: Well done updating the records, and processing applications. I do not know if it is your department's doing, but I am seeing more posts on the RMB pointing people to the forum. Even if it is not you, sit quietly and take the credit. :P

Communicaitons: I hope people are sending you input for the update. If not, tell me and I will prod butt. If you need help compiling, pm me.

Good start, everyone. Keep it up and this will be remembered as a star cabinet.

F.

An update, it appears when Wiz started to go awol that she forgot to send the Constitutional Amendments over to cabinet for final passage. The only amendments this will interfere with is the staggered Justice terms and the Constitutional Appendix.

My guess is they'll probably have to go to a re-vote.

But anyways, the two proposals which passed since I took the speaker position was a Legal Code definition on War Powers and the recent amendment to Term Limits.

How is everyone else doing? Don't want mid-term drift is all...

Back